• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What games are all of you looking forward to in 2020?

In terms of Switch releases, there's not a lot for me at the moment; I'm looking forward to the Devil May Cry 3 Switch release (I've played through the game before, but this gives me a reason to beat the game and play through it as Vergil), along with One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and Fairy Tail. (I've never played a Pirate Warriors game before, and I'm just glad to see Fairy Tail getting a full console game with a wide variety of characters, even if it's starting halfway through the series for some reason)

Persona 5 Scramble will hopefully be getting a North American release in 2020 (I'm not sure how long it takes for these games to be localized - it took roughly half a year for both versions of Persona 5 to be released outside of Japan, but this is an action-based spin-off), so that's something for me to look forward to. No More Heroes 3 looks even more ridiculous than the previous games, somehow, and it can't get here fast enough.

For non-Switch games, I'm probably going to get Ori and the Will of the Wisps on PC, assuming that it doesn't get a Switch release (though if it's half as good as it looks, I have no problem with double-dipping). And then there's Psychonauts 2 - I backed the Fig campaign, and I have been waiting for this game for roughly FIFTEEN YEARS, so of course I'm looking forward to it.

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so my options are a little limited (though seeing as I beat Final Fantasy 7 for the first time this year, missing out on the remake isn't a big deal for me), and many of the games that I'm looking forward to (Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Doom Eternal on the Switch) don't have concrete release dates, or even an estimated year. I could get Doom Eternal on the PC, but I enjoyed the Switch version of the 2016 game, so I'm hoping to wait for that.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
  • Detective Pikachu for Switch
Don't know what else

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

In terms of Switch releases, there's not a lot for me at the moment; I'm looking forward to the Devil May Cry 3 Switch release (I've played through the game before, but this gives me a reason to beat the game and play through it as Vergil), along with One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and Fairy Tail. (I've never played a Pirate Warriors game before, and I'm just glad to see Fairy Tail getting a full console game with a wide variety of characters, even if it's starting halfway through the series for some reason)

Persona 5 Scramble will hopefully be getting a North American release in 2020 (I'm not sure how long it takes for these games to be localized - it took roughly half a year for both versions of Persona 5 to be released outside of Japan, but this is an action-based spin-off), so that's something for me to look forward to. No More Heroes 3 looks even more ridiculous than the previous games, somehow, and it can't get here fast enough.

For non-Switch games, I'm probably going to get Ori and the Will of the Wisps on PC, assuming that it doesn't get a Switch release (though if it's half as good as it looks, I have no problem with double-dipping). And then there's Psychonauts 2 - I backed the Fig campaign, and I have been waiting for this game for roughly FIFTEEN YEARS, so of course I'm looking forward to it.

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so my options are a little limited (though seeing as I beat Final Fantasy 7 for the first time this year, missing out on the remake isn't a big deal for me), and many of the games that I'm looking forward to (Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Doom Eternal on the Switch) don't have concrete release dates, or even an estimated year. I could get Doom Eternal on the PC, but I enjoyed the Switch version of the 2016 game, so I'm hoping to wait for that.
If y’all know me by now, then this one should be obvious:

Granblue Fantasy Versus

ArcSys is already on my good side by turning my all-time favorite anime into my favorite fighting game (on par w/ Ultimate for me tbh).

So the fact they’re turning my favorite gacha game into a fighting game...

You know I’m all for that ****. :smirk:

Outside of that, I’m looking forward to Guilty Gear Strive, Bravely Default 2 and... whatever Nintendo has planned for 2020 that they haven’t revealed yet.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Too damn many for games. I have about 8 "locked in" like Tokyo Mirage Sessions, FF7 Remake and Ghost of Tsushima. And at least 15 considers. 2020 is going to be amazing in that regard. Anime as well.

Unusually there aren't many films next year that looks interesting. Being the Bond fan I'm looking forward to No Time to Die but thats really it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

• Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection
  • Shantae and the Seven Sirens
I'm really hoping that we get even more killer game announcements next year, especially from Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection
I'm really hoping that we get even more killer game announcements next year, especially from Nintendo.
Do you have interest on the upcoming game adaptation of Dragon Quest: Adventures of Dai too?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unleashed? Interesting game, though for me, I wasn't too fond of the Day Stages. Just too fast for me, with enemies hitting me constantly. I didn't find Boost fun at all and still don't. I'd rather have good level design first and foremost. Though I really love Parkour as a gimmick(from Lost World), something that should be kept.

In order of favorite bits to least favorite; Hub Area > Night Stages > Day Stages >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tails Levels.

Tails Levels were just bad in comparison to the rest. Well, if you don't have extremely good reaction times. It overall was a bit much to handle. I still can't get past the first one. I've had less trouble with 06's Mach Speed sections in comparison(not that I've beaten one of those either, but I still got closer too).

D

Deleted member

Out of that entire list... just OPPW4 and BOTW2.
You know me, I’m a TCGer, so just gonna substitute the “Video” in video games :p

There’s the new Commander decks coming out round next April along with the Ikora set, so super hyped for that!

Buddyfight is getting multiple releases, but for right now nothing stands out aside from ZA WARUDO DRAGONS! and their Special Series “Trial Deck”

Vanguard... is just Vanguard, don’t really pay attention to set releases over there tbh.

Pokemon’s new mechanics seem neet, but don’t know how to play, so uh... dunno here.

And for Yugioh, unpopular opinion; I’m legit liking Rush Duels as a concept. Dunno if it’ll just be Speed Duels: The Speedier or not, but liking what I see so far.
Considering this will be the first time the anime is focused on a spin-off version of Yugioh, wondering how they are gonna handle sets for the near future.

Speed Duels, if you can’t tell, is one of my favorites: it’s cheap to get into, easy(er) to learn than regular Yugioh, and card text is on-point.
So far, most hyped for the meta changing, because the meta atm is just beat down, with a small control engine based around pseudo-Dark holing the field 3 times per duel because of a certain skill card.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Do you have interest on the upcoming game adaptation of Dragon Quest: Adventures of Dai too?
I haven't heard of it before now but I think it's safe to say that I'm a fan of DQ at this point, so maybe I'll check it out if my funds will allow it.

What kinda game is it?

D

Deleted member

I haven't heard of it before now but I think it's safe to say that I'm a fan of DQ at this point, so maybe I'll check it out if my funds will allow it.

What kinda game is it?
It was announced really recently, so we don’t have gameplay yet.

It features the producer of many console DQ games doh, so it may likely be one of those.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't need to keep it, I just need its data. If anyone has Applton, tag me please.

Would really like to get this dex done tonight so I can egg farm for shines tomorrow.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier, but I got Mario Maker 2 for Christmas (also XC2 and Mario & Sonic 2020, but this post ain’t about those games)

I’d appreciate if y’all could take a look at my courses and leave some feedback!

My Maker ID is JWT-B68-FLG

Also I’m actually using my Twitter for something now, so you can find the courses through there lol.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
another question that is probably easy enough to google but hey ho - are nature changing mints easy enough to get in SwSh? can't really be bothered to keep on fishing for the right Arrokuda and natures hardly matter for the main game, so if it's easy enough to get postgame that'll be dandy

D

Deleted member

Just got notified that a client needs a new line.

Just when I thought I was done voicing Larry the Cucumber....

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just got notified that a client needs a new line.

Just when I thought I was done voicing Larry the Cucumber....
Yeah, that's right

IMG_20191227_190651.jpg

It's time that you accept your fate and fully embrace lending your voice to the Almighty One for years to come.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm excited to play this next year.
Also if I remember that each of the 7 regions has it's own apex predator which serve as boss fights.
-Rosie the Alligator (Based on Brutus the real life croc, both have 1 missing arm.)
-Bob the Barracuda (Mutated by nuclear waste.)
-A giant white sperm whale (has 2 anchors on it's tail to attack with, has harpoons embedded. Based on Moby the white whale.)
And 4 more not shown yet soon.
Can't wait to play this soon and fight off these bosses.^-^
They should honestly make a game where you play as any apex predator whether a shark, killer whale, crocodile, lion, tiger, bear or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom