• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Alright, how is everyone doing? Went out to see a movie at a nearby theater today.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hopefully whatever future game appearances he has will start adopting some of this characterization from the comics, and some other characters too.
Team Sonic Racing kinda already made him a bit of a dork, though.

I can't find a clip of it in action but one of his exchanges with Sonic is as follows:

Sonic: "I'm so gonna own you, Silver."
Silver: "Okay."
Sonic: "No, you're supposed to say, "In your dreams, Sonic!""
Silver: "In your dreams, Sonic!"
Sonic: "Too late. The moment's passed."

Silver's voice actor really sells it with how dorky he made him sound, too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What games are all of you looking forward to in 2020?

In terms of Switch releases, there's not a lot for me at the moment; I'm looking forward to the Devil May Cry 3 Switch release (I've played through the game before, but this gives me a reason to beat the game and play through it as Vergil), along with One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and Fairy Tail. (I've never played a Pirate Warriors game before, and I'm just glad to see Fairy Tail getting a full console game with a wide variety of characters, even if it's starting halfway through the series for some reason)

Persona 5 Scramble will hopefully be getting a North American release in 2020 (I'm not sure how long it takes for these games to be localized - it took roughly half a year for both versions of Persona 5 to be released outside of Japan, but this is an action-based spin-off), so that's something for me to look forward to. No More Heroes 3 looks even more ridiculous than the previous games, somehow, and it can't get here fast enough.

For non-Switch games, I'm probably going to get Ori and the Will of the Wisps on PC, assuming that it doesn't get a Switch release (though if it's half as good as it looks, I have no problem with double-dipping). And then there's Psychonauts 2 - I backed the Fig campaign, and I have been waiting for this game for roughly FIFTEEN YEARS, so of course I'm looking forward to it.

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so my options are a little limited (though seeing as I beat Final Fantasy 7 for the first time this year, missing out on the remake isn't a big deal for me), and many of the games that I'm looking forward to (Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Doom Eternal on the Switch) don't have concrete release dates, or even an estimated year. I could get Doom Eternal on the PC, but I enjoyed the Switch version of the 2016 game, so I'm hoping to wait for that.

D

Deleted member

I haven't followed Yu-Gi-Oh in years, so I'm not sure if the top one is just something that's fan-made (given the completely different font on the top compared to the other cards in the pile) or a new type of card that I'm not familiar with.

Either way, it's like Bandit Keith's laughing at everyone who thought that the Duelist Kingdom arc would have the same rules as the actual card game (like all Machine-type monsters being immune to spells/magic).
Oh **** didn’t know you quoted me lol.

it’s a card type exclusive to Speed Duels; Skill Cards!
You can only have 1 per deck, and you start the game with it face down. What happens after depends on what kinda skill it is; some activate at the start of the game and can be destroyed, while others have certain requirements and can be activated any time you could summon a monster(aka your main phase only)
F42CB6AB-7A67-4DCF-BC32-BB07AAC7C25E.jpeg

Also, the Skill you pointed out does just that; prevents your machine-types from being affected by Spell Cards, and you can Tribute Summon Machines for 1 less tribute(turning your lvl 5-6 Machines into free normal summons lol)
The downside is if any non-Machine monsters gets into the grave, it flips itself face-down, and the skill is once-per-duel, effectively removing your skill.
FC812560-5253-42CD-BDCB-8119CE055DBC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

In terms of Switch releases, there's not a lot for me at the moment; I'm looking forward to the Devil May Cry 3 Switch release (I've played through the game before, but this gives me a reason to beat the game and play through it as Vergil), along with One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and Fairy Tail. (I've never played a Pirate Warriors game before, and I'm just glad to see Fairy Tail getting a full console game with a wide variety of characters, even if it's starting halfway through the series for some reason)

Persona 5 Scramble will hopefully be getting a North American release in 2020 (I'm not sure how long it takes for these games to be localized - it took roughly half a year for both versions of Persona 5 to be released outside of Japan, but this is an action-based spin-off), so that's something for me to look forward to. No More Heroes 3 looks even more ridiculous than the previous games, somehow, and it can't get here fast enough.

For non-Switch games, I'm probably going to get Ori and the Will of the Wisps on PC, assuming that it doesn't get a Switch release (though if it's half as good as it looks, I have no problem with double-dipping). And then there's Psychonauts 2 - I backed the Fig campaign, and I have been waiting for this game for roughly FIFTEEN YEARS, so of course I'm looking forward to it.

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so my options are a little limited (though seeing as I beat Final Fantasy 7 for the first time this year, missing out on the remake isn't a big deal for me), and many of the games that I'm looking forward to (Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Doom Eternal on the Switch) don't have concrete release dates, or even an estimated year. I could get Doom Eternal on the PC, but I enjoyed the Switch version of the 2016 game, so I'm hoping to wait for that.
Animal Crossing is a big one. I dunno if BOTW2 will release next year, but I think it will. And I’m excited for that too.

Really hoping for Odyssey 2 and Diamond/Pearl remakes as well!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I'm hyped for Carrion and Maneater on Xbox One next year.^-^

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I'm looking forward to PW4 and Animal Crossing. Other than that, I don't plan on picking up really anything during early 2020, as I'd much rather focus on my backlog that has like, 20+ games in it ATM.

Anything past early next year is a big question mark ATM. Gotta wait for a Nintendo Direct to give news about stuff. Xenoblade Remake is grabbing my interest, though.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

I'm kind of interested in seeing how the FF7 remake is like, along with Doom Eternal & Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Bfbb rehydrated, dbz kakarot, bayo 3 hopefully

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Possibly won't come out 2020 but I'm excited for BotW2

D

Deleted member

Possibly won't come out 2020 but I'm excited for BotW2
Ditto. Been replaying it(because new switch) and it honestly holds the test of time, minus a few annoying things.

Hoping BOTW2 can improve of those things :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I'm breeding up an Eevee to get a bunch of Eevee to evolve so I get their dex data.

The only one I have is Flareon. Still wondering how I accomplished this. Lol

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait **** OF COURSE I'M EXCITED FOR GUILTY GEAR HOW COULD I FORGET

Though I fear in general that 2020 will be a bit dry in terms of fighting games.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My mom got me a picture of a cat that says "You are awesome!" and she put it in a frame and gave it to me. I think this is supposed to raise my self esteem, but it kinda just backfired because now I feel like they pity me.

Nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Persona 5 Royal
>RE3 Remake
>Persona 5 Scramble
>LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga
>Xenoblade HD
>Fantastic Four DLC in UA3
>Dragon Ball Kakarot
>Metroid Prime 4
>BotW2
>FFVII Remake
>Half Life Alyx
>Bayonetta 3
>Animal Crossing
>No More Heroes 3
>KoF XV
>The DQ: Adventures Of Dai game adaptation

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Maneater is definitely one of them.
I'm excited to play this next year.
Also if I remember that each of the 7 regions has it's own apex predator which serve as boss fights.
-Rosie the Alligator (Based on Brutus the real life croc, both have 1 missing arm.)
-Bob the Barracuda (Mutated by nuclear waste.)
-A giant white sperm whale (has 2 anchors on it's tail to attack with, has harpoons embedded. Based on Moby the white whale.)
And 4 more not shown yet soon.
Can't wait to play this soon and fight off these bosses.^-^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom