• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My social anxiety is so bad a girl from high school legitimately thought I was mute.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So year is coming to a close. What's been everyone's top 10 (Or 11) favorite films?

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Joker
3. Missing Link
4. Hobbs and Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Abominable
10. Stuber
11. Happy Death Day 2U

Honorable Mentions: Ad Astra, Child's Play, Detective Pikachu, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just beat the ghost gym. Jeanne evolved into a Hatterene. Despite being consistently 5-7 levels above my opponents are pretty tough. Fire types are a consistent weakness for my team because I just HAD to fall in love with two fairy type Pokémon and don’t have room for a water or rock type. Also, some of these weaknesses are really hard to figure out. Like why is Ghost weak to Dark and not Psychic or Fairy?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been getting better with my compulsive thoughts especially since help from my therapist. Always gonna be setbacks but I've been doing better then ever. Anxiety doesn't bother me as much as it used too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do like how Star Wars: RoTS (Episode 3) ended up getting more and more praise as time passes. Which is good, as the movie, while not the best SW film, doesn't deserve to be lumped in with PM and AotC in terms of quality.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Been getting better with my compulsive thoughts especially since help from my therapist. Always gonna be setbacks but I've been doing better then ever. Anxiety doesn't bother me as much as it used too.
Glad to hear so!

Having any kind of help for any kind of thing is always good, as someone with personal experience on that.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I do like how Star Wars: RoTS (Episode 3) ended up getting more and more praise as time passes. Which is good, as the movie, while not the best SW film, doesn't deserve to be lumped in with PM and AotC in terms of quality.
Not saying that RotS is a bad movie at all, but I do feel like The Clone Wars cartoon is partly to thanks for the resurgence in praise, since the show kept the characters and the conflict more relevant for a lot of people.

Plus I feel like the show did a good job at portraying and contextualizing the fall of Anakin, the Jedi, and the republic well.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I watched that "Farewell Sonic forever?" Video. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda agree with his points. It feels like all Sonic is nowadays is making fun of the time period when they actually put effort into the franchise and making memes of the Sonic cast making funny faces.

It hasn't felt right in a long time.

...To this day I still don't understand why games like Sonic heroes and Sonic unleashed ever got any hate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not saying that RotS is a bad movie at all, but I do feel like The Clone Wars cartoon is partly to thanks for the resurgence in praise, since the show kept the characters and the conflict more relevant for a lot of people.

Plus I feel like the show did a good job at portraying and contextualizing the fall of Anakin, the Jedi, and the republic well.
The mission statement of the clone wars show might as well have been “make the prequels good”. And they did it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched that "Farewell Sonic forever?" Video. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda agree with his points. It feels like all Sonic is nowadays is making fun of the time period when they actually put effort into the franchise and making memes of the Sonic cast making funny faces.

It hasn't felt right in a long time.

...To this day I still don't understand why games like Sonic heroes and Sonic unleashed ever got any hate.
Sonic Heroes was repetitive (you had to play through what's essentially the exact same set of levels four different times to unlock the true ending), and Sonic Unleashed felt like two separate games stuck together. The daytime stages were seen as solid, but the nighttime stages slowed the game down severely and turned it into a dollar store E-rated version of God of War.

At least, that's what I recall of what the common issues were; it's been a while since I've played them, so I could be way off. I do recall Sonic Heroes' controls feeling really slippery, though maybe that was just me.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just beat the ghost gym. Jeanne evolved into a Hatterene. Despite being consistently 5-7 levels above my opponents are pretty tough. Fire types are a consistent weakness for my team because I just HAD to fall in love with two fairy type Pokémon and don’t have room for a water or rock type. Also, some of these weaknesses are really hard to figure out. Like why is Ghost weak to Dark and not Psychic or Fairy?
The psychic type is based on the mind, and it’s weaknesses are based on fears. Bugs, Darkness, Ghosts, etc. So ghost beats psychic.

And ghost isn’t weak to fairy cuz then fairy would be OP.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I thought they'd release the dogs, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you.

Where is that clip from, by the way?
It's from a show called Hana no ko Lunlun The Flower Angel.

Never seen it, but YT decided to grace my recommended videos with this clip and I can't stop thinking about it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So year is coming to a close. What's been everyone's top 10 (Or 11) favorite films?

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Joker
3. Missing Link
4. Hobbs and Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Abominable
10. Stuber
11. Happy Death Day 2U

Honorable Mentions: Ad Astra, Child's Play, Detective Pikachu, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Dragons 3
Detective Pikachu
Spinel: The Movie
Thanoscopter
Spider-Man misses his papa
We live in a society
Shazm
Big lizard

Yeah I guess that’s it. I didn’t see a lotta movies this year.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Yeah, I get that, but that only highlights the faults of the first 2 prequels failing to make Anakin an interesting character.

I mean, the Clone Wars was a better prequel series lol.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sonic Heroes was repetitive (you had to play through what's essentially the exact same set of levels four different times to unlock the true ending), and Sonic Unleashed felt like two separate games stuck together. The daytime stages were seen as solid, but the nighttime stages slowed the game down severely and turned it into a dollar store E-rated version of God of War.

At least, that's what I recall of what the common issues were; it's been a while since I've played them, so I could be way off. I do recall Sonic Heroes' controls feeling really slippery, though maybe that was just me.
Well yeah that's kinda true, but if it's fun anyway does it matter if you replay the levels again and again?

I think the worst it ever got was that some of the levels in both games were long, but that shouldn't be enough to hate the game completely

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic Colors is my favorite cuz that’s the one I played as a kid :drshrug:

Some people don’t like that the wisps keep returning but personally I love it cuz I’m biased lmao

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well yeah that's kinda true, but if it's fun anyway does it matter if you replay the levels again and again?

I think the worst it ever got was that some of the levels in both games were long, but that shouldn't be enough to hate the game completely
Speaking of long levels, just a thought here. I could see myself playing such levels, even if altered some, while playing with Sonic Unleashed daytime gameplay. I think it would be a blast.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic Heroes is weird for me because there are parts that are really solid and parts that feel really bad. As others here have already said, though, slippery platforming is probably the game's biggest issue.

Sonic Unleashed is a tough one too because half of the game is great while the other is pretty bad IMO. I'd probably just recommend playing the Unleashed Project via Sonic Generations modding rather than tracking down a copy of Unleashed itself nowadays.

Sonic Lost World is IMHO overhated. It's every bit a discount Mario Galaxy, but it's still a fun time.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The psychic type is based on the mind, and it’s weaknesses are based on fears. Bugs, Darkness, Ghosts, etc. So ghost beats psychic.

And ghost isn’t weak to fairy cuz then fairy would be OP.
It’s just weird to me that ghost’s only weaknesses are itself and Dark. Like, that doesn’t even make sense. Ghosts are evil and that’s what Dark Type means. You’d think it’s weakness would be based around purity or exorcism (which is why my first thoughts were fairy and psychic).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Colors is the best Sonic next to Mania. Adventure 1&2 are also amazing.

Colors Gang Colors Gang
For me, the best Sonic game, modern, that is, is Sonic Unleashed HD. The Werehog was actually good to me, but the daytime stages were a blast to play!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I liked both daytime and nighttime stages in Unleashed but I think presentation was the game's strongest suit.

It still has one of the best visual and sound design in any Sonic game, imo. All countries look gorgeous + Endless Possibilities. Decent story and fun characters didn't hurt, either.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s just weird to me that ghost’s only weaknesses are itself and Dark. Like, that doesn’t even make sense. Ghosts are evil and that’s what Dark Type means. You’d think it’s weakness would be based around purity or exorcism (which is why my first thoughts were fairy and psychic).
Ghosts aren’t inherently evil, they’re just the lingering spirits of the dead. Or they have very close connections to the spirit world, in some cases. You don’t become evil when you die.

Ghosts are intangible, but a ghost can hit another ghost. And darkness, evil, can corrupt these spirits.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I liked both daytime and nighttime stages in Unleashed but I think presentation was the game's strongest suit.

It still has one of the best visual and sound design in any Sonic game, imo. All countries look gorgeous + Endless Possibilities. Decent story and fun characters didn't hurt, either.
Thing I didn’t like about unleashed was that homing attack was on boost and not jump. Constantly accidentally boosting when trying to home in on enemies isn’t fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thing I didn’t like about unleashed was that homing attack was on boost and not jump. Constantly accidentally boosting when trying to home in on enemies isn’t fun.
Yeah, I died countless times trying to get used to that.

Unpopular opinion I know, but that's why I enjoyed Werehog's stages. They were more slow-paced and helped me to take a break from more merciless daytime gameplay. Its platforming kinda sucks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom