• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
For Unleashed, I don't dislike the Werehog stages as much as other, but the regular Sonic/Day stages are seriously something else.

Jungle Joyride is prime gameplay; my favorite level in the game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So year is coming to a close. What's been everyone's top 10 (Or 11) favorite films?

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Joker
3. Missing Link
4. Hobbs and Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Abominable
10. Stuber
11. Happy Death Day 2U

Honorable Mentions: Ad Astra, Child's Play, Detective Pikachu, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
I'll just go with movies that came out this year. There are a few that I saw for the first time (Dr. Strangelove, the Prestige, Monty Python's Life of Brian), but I figure it's best to keep things simple. These are all of the movies that I saw in theaters this year.

1. Avengers Endgame: it's incredible that this movie got made. It's a culmination of ten years of separate movies brought together into one film. My biggest issue is that it would be completely indecipherable to anyone who hasn't seen basically every single other MCU movie.

2. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum: I thought that the final fight dragged a bit, but otherwise, it was a solid and inventive action movie with insanely creative methods for John Wick to kill people.

3. Spider-Man: Far From Home: it was fun, though it's odd that the marketing tried to hide the movie's big twist that
Mysterio, a character who's been in Spidey's rogues gallery for over fifty years, is the villain
Also, I really hope that people watched Avengers Endgame before watching this movie, because the opening montage spoils SO much.

4. Knives Out: a great who-dunnit with some outstanding actors playing against type. Daniel Craig's monologue towards the end was hilarious.

5. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: I already posted my thoughts recently, I believe. I thought the first half of the movie rushed through some big events pretty quickly, but the second half was a HUGE improvement.

6. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood: the time that this movie is set in is much more specific than his other two quasi-historical movies, so I was only vaguely familiar with the events that were covered. Even then, I saw the big twist coming a mile away, thanks to one of his other movies. The movie is probably longer than it needs to be, and Bruce Lee is treated pretty poorly in it for some reason, but his dialogue writing is still top-notch.

7. Shazam: unexpectedly dark at times (I understand that the director has a background in horror movies, but Shazam is basically Robin mixed with Superman, with all of the kid appeal that you'd think that concept would suggest), but it was a lot of fun. Hopefully DC continues with this trend. (and hopefully we can get Henry Cavill back as Superman, even if it's for a cameo)

8. Captain Marvel: the last act (once Carol's inhibitor was destroyed) was amazing, though I felt like the amnesia plot hurt the movie because it's something that we've seen a million times before.

9. Detective Pikachu: the plot itself is kind of forgettable, but I was unfamiliar with Justice Smith going in and he did a great job with the emotional parts. The Pokemon designs were amazing, and I would gladly watch an entire movie based on that opening montage of Pokemon interacting with our world. Also, Ryan Reynolds was great as Pikachu, which is not a sentence that I thought I would be typing.

10. Terminator Dark Fate: not as good as the first two movies (though that's a VERY high bar to clear), but better than the other Terminator movies. (I haven't watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles yet)

11. Hobbs and Shaw: I'm not familiar with the Fast and Furious series (only watched the seventh and eighth before this), but I found it to be dumb but fun, and the Rock and Jason Statham are pretty consistently entertaining.

12. Toy Story 4: the movie had a good message, but I feel like it doesn't mesh well with the message of the previous movies, which hurts this one in the long run.

It's worth noting that I missed out on Joker; I was interested once the reviews came in (beforehand, I felt like an origin story for the Joker wasn't really necessary), but at the time, I had a broken arm and nasty cold, so if I was going to be constantly coughing and blowing my nose the entire time, I figured it would ruin the experience for everyone else.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've only completed Sonic Adventure 2. It was alright, kid me just liked Shadow casue edgy = cool.

also i wanted his rocket shoes

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Can someone trade me a Combee real quick? Don't need a female, just need Combee. The weather in my game won't let it spawn atm.

Edit: nevermind, found out of weather (the ****?)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Huh. So here's something I just learned.

If you are on your bike and zoom into a different area, the pokemon that spawn in the grass will spawn in the weather from the previous area you were in.

So for example, in my case, seeing Combee in snow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After literal hours of biking, I’m back baby!

here’s what I bought all together:
C362CAAA-0B7C-4BB8-BEA8-387B3DB20165.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Argghhdjzbsie xundvzi all of The foils so far are curreled ou of the box :(

really good pulls so far thou!
8DCE18D3-073A-4887-9703-0C86C75A166E.jpeg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What's been happening there?
There's this zombie like infection going around
several characters have been characters being, Charmy the bee, Vector the Crocodile, tangle the lemur and creams mom vanilla and zi think she lost her chaos too all while sonic is infected also and is slowly losing power to stop it and there is no vaccine
and all this was mostly Sonics fault

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Argghhdjzbsie xundvzi all of The foils so far are curreled ou of the box :(

really good pulls so far thou!
View attachment 254781
I haven't followed Yu-Gi-Oh in years, so I'm not sure if the top one is just something that's fan-made (given the completely different font on the top compared to the other cards in the pile) or a new type of card that I'm not familiar with.

Either way, it's like Bandit Keith's laughing at everyone who thought that the Duelist Kingdom arc would have the same rules as the actual card game (like all Machine-type monsters being immune to spells/magic).

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I need to get around to swapping my 200GB micro SD card with my new 512GB one plus add the $35 eShop card my brother gave me to my Switch.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
There's this zombie like infection going around
several characters have been characters being, Charmy the bee, Vector the Crocodile, tangle the lemur and creams mom vanilla and zi think she list he chaos too all while sonic is infected also and is slowly losing power to stop it and there is no vaccine
and all this was mostly Sonics fault
How do you read the comics? This sounds like a very interesting storyline.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I like sonic Lost world because it was the first time you saw eggman legit pissed and Sonic and Tails legit pissed at eachother
The game definitely had potential when it came to character interactions, just wished it was uh... written better.

Could say the same for most of the modern Sonic games tbh...

Anyway hope y’all have been having a nice holiday season so far!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How do you read the comics? This sounds like a very interesting storyline.
To be honest what got me into this comic was the reaction over this current art on Twitter. I went to readcomiconline.to to see what was up and I see why people like the comics now

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
IDW Sonic is 10x better than Archie Sonic, in my opinion. A lot of people complained about the new restrictions Sega put on the comic after the Penders fiasco, but TBH the comic is actually way better off now lol.

D

Deleted member

I’ve been following IDW Sonic ever since the series started releasing in Spain and I don’t regret it.

The comics are good.

D

Deleted member

Alright, for Noipoi, all images and voice ofer are done. It’s coding time.

My goal is to complete it without using a single tutorial.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
To be honest what got me into this comic was the reaction over this current art on Twitter. I went to readcomiconline.to to see what was up and I see why people like the comics now
I just read the latest chapter just to check it out.

It's quite engaging; I enjoy it.

Eggman in particular seems more menacing. The whole "rage zombie" mechanic is definitely darker compared to what he normally plans in the games.

And ofc my favorite character is Tails lol. His brain is a big bright spot that's necessary to save everyone, and is written in a very likable way here. Cream and Whisper are good, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom