• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wanna hear a theme of my childhood?

ben 10 was good

and then alien force

and then omniverse

and then uglier ben 10 reboot

i still vividly remember watching the premiere of alien force when i was 7 or 8, yuri lowenthal had a literal q&a about aliens during the showing.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
In a week we're gonna enter a new decade, time passage really is something you can't get used to.

What were your favorite memories of this decade everyone?
>My birthday (thank you everyone for being kind towards me.)
>Banjo-Kazooie getting into Smash
>Buying Kirby Star Allies on Switch
>Getting 1000 likes.
>Coming to Smashboards for the first time
>Being friends with Zinith when first meeting him
>Meeting new people on this site
>Seeing the new Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer
>The Area 51 Raid
>Being friends with everyone here
>Going on a school trip to Sydney
It amazes me how time moves pretty fast, hope all of ya including me will have a great time next year....
thank you... for being so kind and wholesome towards me, have an amazing 2020 soon including me.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wanna hear a theme of my childhood?
The events that transpired within this television series began when an extra terrestrial piece of technology accomplished what it accomplished.

It forcefully attached itself to the young man known as Benjamin Tennyson, his wrist specifically. Said piece of extra terrestrial technology happened to be withholding many secrets.

And now, thanks to the extra terrestrial piece of technology, Benjamin Tennyson has been gifted with many powers and abilities far beyond what one would consider normal for a young man. As such he has earned the moniker of “Ben 10”

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
everyone wanted to be ben 10 when you were 10 in the mid-2000s

omnitrix would definitely be cool in retrospect but goddamn the transformations always looked so painful

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is there a good reason why you shouldn’t use Upgrade 99% of the time? Especially in modern day, with all this technology everywhere?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Favorite cartoons? Well in recent years mine was Steven Universe. The last few years really sucked but su always made me smile throughout.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Terms of favorite modern cartoon. It'd definitely be Regular Show.

Others would also be Hilda and Green Eggs and Ham. NetFlix has been nailing it as of late.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Since YGO got magically good again, I decided to reinstall the gacha Duel Links. Solely because I can do OjamABCs on my phone, too. I only need one box (the XYZ box) to get all my materials, Chazz's level ups and gate rewards come with the rest of the tools I need for victory. Wasting money on gacha for cards won't be an issue for me since starting the game gives me so much opportunity for free gems. You got the DM anime world, DSOD manga, GX anime, and 5D's world, filled to the brim for gem victories for packs. It's 1 dollar a pack from a box if you go without the 50 gems, which is just 3 cards out of nearly 300 - 500 depending on which one you choose, and IMO that's ****ing ridiculously priced. then again, it's 1/3 of a real life booster pack in size and cost too, so what do i know?

Either way, wondering if this game is suddenly good again. They actually put a ban list, which they didn't know last time I checked.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ben 10 was good

and then alien force

and then omniverse

and then uglier ben 10 reboot

i still vividly remember watching the premiere of alien force when i was 7 or 8, yuri lowenthal had a literal q&a about aliens during the showing.
Every single Ben 10 show has its highs and its lows (except the reboot). If you watch all the way through to the end of omniverse, the net experience will be a positive one.

There will be several moments when you want to quit though. It’s just unavoidable. When it was good it was really good, but when it was bad it was.... horrid.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh yeah and I also met my best friend through Steven Universe. The show means a lot to me even though I’m not as into it anymore.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Every single Ben 10 show has its highs and its lows (except the reboot). If you watch all the way through to the end of omniverse, the net experience will be a positive one.
Already have, my opinion is still the same. The original is just the best of the 3.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Is there a good reason why you shouldn’t use Upgrade 99% of the time? Especially in modern day, with all this technology everywhere?
Because XLR8 is cool as **** looking

Still doesn’t excuse Ben for using four arms so much I mean Jesus Christ pick another alien bud

Also if you didn’t have an omnitrix as a kid im sorry but ya ain’t a real one

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
In a week we're gonna enter a new decade, time passage really is something you can't get used to.

What were your favorite memories of this decade everyone?
Hmm. Well the couple vacations I took with my family early in the decade were nice.. I had a blast with my group of friends before we stopped hanging out. Doing stuff with my Nana was always great too. More recently though meeting all you lovely nerds has been great, I don't get to be around many people in real life anymore so I always look forward to chatting here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since YGO got magically good again, I decided to reinstall the gacha Duel Links. Solely because I can do OjamABCs on my phone, too. I only need one box (the XYZ box) to get all my materials, Chazz's level ups and gate rewards come with the rest of the tools I need for victory. Wasting money on gacha for cards won't be an issue for me since starting the game gives me so much opportunity for free gems. You got the DM anime world, DSOD manga, GX anime, and 5D's world, filled to the brim for gem victories for packs. It's 1 dollar a pack from a box if you go without the 50 gems, which is just 3 cards out of nearly 300 - 500 depending on which one you choose, and IMO that's ****ing ridiculously priced. then again, it's 1/3 of a real life booster pack in size and cost too, so what do i know?

Either way, wondering if this game is suddenly good again. They actually put a ban list, which they didn't know last time I checked.
Which one? XYZ-Dragon Cannon, ABC-Dragon Buster, VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon, A-to-Z-Dragon Buster Cannon, or Armed Dragon Catapult Cannon?

...Damn, that's a lot of bosses for one series.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Which one? XYZ-Dragon Cannon, ABC-Dragon Buster, VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon, A-to-Z-Dragon Buster Cannon, or Armed Dragon Catapult Cannon?

...Damn, that's a lot of bosses for one series.
IRL? ABC Dragon, that's a no-brainer. You can use Ojamassimilation to cheese out A-to-Z without ever needing the actual XYZ monsters either.

Duel Links only has XYZ and VWXYZ, no ABC Dragon. If they had it, it'd be stupid broken and probably banned.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
IRL? ABC Dragon, that's a no-brainer. You can use Ojamassimilation to cheese out A-to-Z without ever needing the actual XYZ monsters either.

Duel Links only has XYZ and VWXYZ, no ABC Dragon. If they had it, it'd be stupid broken and probably banned.
Agreed, indeed. ABC-Dragon Buster is honestly pretty op. It was limited in the OCG for a while to make the A-to-Z fusion overall weaker.

At least their final boss is too hard to summon to be overall unfair. Banish all their field and GY for a single discard? And prevent them from activating effects of any card that is banished? Hot damn, son. Awesome but impractical. The one thing I like is that with the new changes, VWXYZ isn't nearly as hard to summon(but still hard to). I also love its design, if only for the Power Rangers jokes(which considering how many decks are named after it... yeah. It didn't go unnoticed by others). One thing I think regular Yugioh Abridged(there's a less quality version for GX as well) is do the Transformers theme for XYZ-Dragon Cannon. Besides that, I think they should just upgrade the card so you can use XY-Dragon Cannon, XZ-Tank Cannon, or YZ-Tank Dragon with the final material to make it. The final boss is very mediocre, and would only be slightly good if they unlimited Night Assailant... if you could summon it, anyway. I think they at least fixed the Union text so you could have X equipped with Y and Z at the same time, though? I don't remember if so. On another note, I've managed to summon all 4 of them in various video games.

...Enough to make my own custom cards(including a Dragon Master Cannon variant that requires all 4 core fusions. Though I'm going to rework it so it's more than just a big beater. Its only notable effect is that if it's removed from the field, it resummons all monsters used to summon it, or adds the spells/traps to your hand. It doesn't restore LP payments where applicable, and has no summoning conditions. So you could Metamorphosis it out by using Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. But obviously the best thing would be re-summoning all the pieces at once). The idea I had for its design was something more like a giant train tank. I also worked on an actual Power Rangers parody, with the only notable things being a D and E monster, the two Heavy Mech cards actually being relevant, and the final components were Cyber End Dragon and Armed Dragon Lv 7 to act as a Carrierzord of sorts. The Heavy Mechs were basically akin to Dragonzord's armor abilities, but not to make an actual Megazord. I'm working out the kinks on the actual Card versions for D-Doom Raptor and E-Cable Worm right now. So far, I do have DE-Cable Klaw as the fusion(intentionally it spells DECK, and is based around milling/drawing capabilities).

Yes, I have too much fun with this. >.>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagining not talking about based phineas and fern. Has some of the best cartoon songs I’ve ever seen:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last Airbender is still the best animated series of all time.

You can @ me tho it’s okay.
Never that into it myself. It felt too.... I don’t know.... something just felt off about it. I guess I’m just turned off by media where faith and spirituality save the day and not intellect and technology.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Agreed, indeed. ABC-Dragon Buster is honestly pretty op. It was limited in the OCG for a while to make the A-to-Z fusion overall weaker.

At least their final boss is too hard to summon to be overall unfair. Banish all their field and GY for a single discard? And prevent them from activating effects of any card that is banished? Hot damn, son. Awesome but impractical. The one thing I like is that with the new changes, VWXYZ isn't nearly as hard to summon(but still hard to). I also love its design, if only for the Power Rangers jokes(which considering how many decks are named after it... yeah. It didn't go unnoticed by others). One thing I think regular Yugioh Abridged(there's a less quality version for GX as well) is do the Transformers theme for XYZ-Dragon Cannon. Besides that, I think they should just upgrade the card so you can use XY-Dragon Cannon, XZ-Tank Cannon, or YZ-Tank Dragon with the final material to make it. The final boss is very mediocre, and would only be slightly good if they unlimited Night Assailant... if you could summon it, anyway. I think they at least fixed the Union text so you could have X equipped with Y and Z at the same time, though? I don't remember if so. On another note, I've managed to summon all 4 of them in various video games.

...Enough to make my own custom cards(including a Dragon Master Cannon variant that requires all 4 core fusions. Though I'm going to rework it so it's more than just a big beater. Its only notable effect is that if it's removed from the field, it resummons all monsters used to summon it, or adds the spells/traps to your hand. It doesn't restore LP payments where applicable, and has no summoning conditions. So you could Metamorphosis it out by using Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. But obviously the best thing would be re-summoning all the pieces at once). The idea I had for its design was something more like a giant train tank. I also worked on an actual Power Rangers parody, with the only notable things being a D and E monster, the two Heavy Mech cards actually being relevant, and the final components were Cyber End Dragon and Armed Dragon Lv 7 to act as a Carrierzord of sorts. The Heavy Mechs were basically akin to Dragonzord's armor abilities, but not to make an actual Megazord. I'm working out the kinks on the actual Card versions for D-Doom Raptor and E-Cable Worm right now. So far, I do have DE-Cable Klaw as the fusion(intentionally it spells DECK, and is based around milling/drawing capabilities).

Yes, I have too much fun with this. >.>
1577071456575.png 1577071479092.png 1577071501737.png

these three cards together make the most use a LV archetype has ever seen, even more than silent magician. and it combos with all of the fusion monsters and a lot of other light machine monsters. i've seen decks use both ojamas and trains. the ****ing trains.

surprised they haven't tried to give the LVs more support, if only they were able to survive more. otherwise they could be a decent pet deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom