• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Quick question: Do you need to play Portal 1 to understand Portal 2? I got it as a gift for my brother, and I don't belive he's ever played it.

(side question: can you play Portal 1 on an Xbox One?)

D

Deleted member

Quick question: Do you need to play Portal 1 to understand Portal 2? I got it as a gift for my brother, and I don't belive he's ever played it.

Idk if you can play Portal 1 on Xbox One.

However, I think you can play Portal 2 before Portal 1 without getting too lost. Doh don’t take my word on this 100%.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Kinda yeah? They reference the events of the first game a lot, in fact the entire first area is an eerie callback to the first game, but I don’t think he’d have a bad time anyway.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Probably yes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby Scarlet Witch is getting a new costume with the X-Men update in UA3!
Saw that already. Cool for its fans but I think her old design kinda sucks.

I think she really needed a costume upgrade prior to her solo comic and her new one is gorgeous.

D

Deleted member

Saw that already. Cool for its fans but I think her old design kinda sucks.

I think she really needed a costume upgrade prior to her solo comic and her new one is gorgeous.
I honestly agree.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I would say he's the GOAT. But pretty much each of the main 5 Gaang Members were GOAT in some form or another. Probably one of my favorite ensemble casts alongside the Z-Fighters, Team Urameshi, TMNT and the X-Men.
At the end of the day we can all agree that Sokka is best boy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
VWXYZ doesn't seem that optimal anyway.

Though I kind of want to see 18 other alphabet based union monsters just to see what kind of crazy **** would happen, the unions are hilarious.

And then at the end you make 5 fusion monsters fuse together for one ****ton omega transformer card that basically wins you the match because you got that far, you ****ing deserve it.
True. VWXYZ is mediocre. You must banish an opponent's card. It's not even an optional effect. I mean, it's not a terrible card outside of ass summoning requirements.

Still better than Gate Guardian, though. That card would've been good if it was a fusion instead. Easy materials(who are way better than it). In the anime, it's legitimately borked due to having the ability to negate 3 attacks before one hits. I liked how it was a true 3 parts. The weird stuff they did for Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, with the 3 heads being their own thing, though? That was actually dumb overall. It was just a drama point, and while it did help develop Yami, it didn't make much sense either to begin with. Not when Fusions were way different at that point. It would only kind of make sense with stuff like XYZ-Dragon Cannon.

And yeah, I hope they make other pieces. Main reason I started to work on DE. Other was the Power Rangers Parody, of course.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Thank you guys! And yes, she’s one of my partner designs for my Paper Mario game, her name is Jaki:
View attachment 254056
I’m still working on writing her, feel free to contribute to that if you want.
:> I am really liking the doodles you are making, I bet you had a lot of fun coming up with them, my friend!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Guess I got a pretty tall order to fill since I have 5 (eventually 6) person team in one series and 8 (technically 13) on the other.
13? That really is a tall order, my god.
The most I've gotten is 5 of the cast being close like a family.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Creating teams is hard.

On the one hand, 7 is a hard upper limit if you want people to remember everyone in one scene.

On the other hand, how am I supposed to add every single character type I like with less than 15 characters?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
:> I am really liking the doodles you are making, I bet you had a lot of fun coming up with them, my friend!
Oh heck yeah. I’d love to work with Nintendo and try to make this a real game but if not, at least I’ll have this to show how I’d handle another company’s IP. Have you seen any of my other sketches or read any of the ideas I have for this game?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Creating teams is hard.

On the one hand, 7 is a hard upper limit if you want people to remember everyone in one scene.

On the other hand, how am I supposed to add every single character type I like with less than 15 characters?
If you push it further you end up with a Haru or Medi situation where it feels like they join to far into the story and end up not contributing much.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
13? That really is a tall order, my god.
The most I've gotten is 5 of the cast being close like a family.
It’s 8 members with 5 directly partnered with a being that is capable of interacting with others. Kinda like the blades from XC2. Both series will have its teams built up over time though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve tried huge teams before but it always ends up being two or three characters getting a lotta development while the rest are just here for jokes lol

AndreaAC

Oh heck yeah. I’d love to work with Nintendo and try to make this a real game but if not, at least I’ll have this to show how I’d handle another company’s IP. Have you seen any of my other sketches or read any of the ideas I have for this game?
:> That would be great! xD I have had the same feeling in the past about working at Ubi or Nintendo to specifically do concept art...hehe, having those kind of motivational dreams is very nice. :D The best of luck developing your ideas more!

And I think I have seen some of them quite a while ago, but I cannot remember clearly. But, II can see that you are putting a lot of effort into this. If you ever have digital program to color your drawings, you should look for tutorials or reference to give them the authentic Paper Mario style. Similarly to how I tried to get as close to Ken Sugimori's style of coloring with my Poke-Fusion, its honestly a great challenge.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If you push it further you end up with a Haru or Medi situation where it feels like they join to far into the story and end up not contributing much.
Well at the least I plan on getting my full team together before the first season ends, I plan on having the team start out with 3 (all of which are partnered ones) and building up from there. Some characters have history with one another already.

D

Deleted member

:> That would be great! xD I have had the same feeling in the past about working at Ubi or Nintendo to specifically do concept art...hehe, having those kind of motivational dreams is very nice. :D The best of look developing your ideas more!

And I think I have seen some of them quite a while ago, but I cannot remember clearly. But, II can see that you are putting a lot of effort into this. If you ever have digital program to color your drawings, you should look for tutorials or reference to give them the authentic Paper Mario style. Similarly to how I tried to get as close to Ken Sugimori's style of coloring with my Poke-Fusion, its honestly a great challenge.
I honestly want to be a movie, comic book and book writer.

I want to create comics based on a heroe and a world I have created, write a Fantastic Four movie, a Jet Jaguar film and write many other adaptations of other super heroes or my own stories.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't watch many cartoons nowadays but I still consider Invader Zim and Avatar: TLA to be near perfect shows.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
:> That would be great! xD I have had the same feeling in the past about working at Ubi or Nintendo to specifically do concept art...hehe, having those kind of motivational dreams is very nice. :D The best of look developing your ideas more!

Thank you! I’ll definitely work on recreating these guys digitally soon. And if you want me to refresh you on anything I have so far, just let me know.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm more content just helping somebody else write the story while working mainly on the character designs.

Were not gonna get into full production of this project until sometime in 2020, rightnow were just ironing out every detail for what we want.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Currently on One Punch Man season 2. Still a fun watch, though the animation did look a little off in the first episode. Couldn't describe it.

I am happy that Saitama has friends that aren't Genos and Mumen Rider though, because the first season, almost everyone was against him.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm more content just helping somebody else write the story while working mainly on the character designs.
Like I’m mostly accustomed to coming up with character designs myself, I want to work on as much of the other areas in my stories as possible, recently I’ve been trying to challenge myself to write more.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
On the topic of animation, only show I've been watching ATM is One Piece. I'm caught up with both the anime and manga, and Wano's been pretty darn good so far: Still waiting to see if it'll actually eclipse Marineford in hype like Oda said it would. I could easily see it doing so, especially in the anime once it hits Oden's flashback.

TBH, I'm just happy with all the new reaction images Oden's flashback is giving me:

don'tlike.png

whitebeardmad.png

AndreaAC

Thank you! I’ll definitely work on recreating these guys digitally soon. And if you want me to refresh you on anything I have so far, just let me know.
:O If you want! I am curious though, which design you have come up with so far is your favorite?

I honestly want to be a movie, comic book and book writer.

I want to create comics based on a heroe and a world I have created, write a Fantastic Four movie, a Jet Jaguar film and write many other adaptations of other super heroes or my own stories.
o3o Ooooh, AWESOME! :D Well, you have all the time of the world to work on it, my friend! xD Aside from doing more professional illustrations, I would also like to do a comic, of course as a personal project using my Ridley Bros. or other stories I have. Plus, I want to come up with some original creature designs and practice more digital painting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Its not quite as good but I think now is a good time to mention that The Dragon Prince is an Avatar inspired show and that one of the main characters shares a voice with Sokka.

I think Avatar fans should give it a shot, you just have to bare with the bad frame rate in Season 1 before they improve it in the later ones.

Also then other people here might get it when I make a TDP reference.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Me and my brothers plot for our game pretty much just falls under "An adventure to collect the magical items based around the elements, oh gee, haven't heard that one before *Holds up Final fantasy cartridge*"

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Any of you have a special someone you're spending your Christmas with?

Me, personally?
95e.jpeg

There couldn't be anyone better.~

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Me and my brothers plot for our game pretty much just falls under "An adventure to collect the magical items based around the elements, oh gee, haven't heard that one before *Holds up Final fantasy cartridge*"
Honestly, while a quest for magical Macguffins might be a bit cliche, it's the journey getting the elemental Macguffins that people care about so it's still can be a serviceable plot device, especially if you want to give an easy reason for your heroes to explore the entire world.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
O If you want! I am curious though, which design you have come up with so far is your favorite?
I’d have to say Jaki herself is my favorite partner design so far, though I’m fond of Roshin and my Duplighost girl who I still need to name. (Noipoi came up with “Karade” though I’m not sure if I settled on that yet.
691EEE26-C396-490A-AB56-5779316C5A21.jpeg
09E793B9-B1FA-4AC5-B36B-14BB7BAAFFD7.jpeg

F186476D-F255-4A04-BA40-6507D6B6E64D.jpeg

Though it might change when I come up with my last two partners, one for Mario and one for Peach.

There’s also my design for Harvest Guy though I need to come up with some more bosses soon.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
literally forgot that was even a thing
I made a bet on it back in November. It hasn't been confirmed or deconfirmed. So, I'm with it for the long haul until FP5 prolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom