• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

lchapter 9's been criticized for it's sheer length and expecting you to perfectly master new mechanics
How many deaths did you get first time in Ch 9? Chapter 8 gave me about 350, 100 more than Chapter 7, so it can't be that brutal, right?

D

Deleted member

It is finally December 23rd in my island, the day the X-Men DLC drops for UA3!

Let the hype train song finally play

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm starting to think the Padoru Virus is less of an actual virus and more of an unholy eldritch curse.

D

Deleted member

The UA3 Discord server is really confident about the DLC dropping in less than an hour based on how the Marvel Knights DLC also released at 1pm on England (basically the same hour as in my island).

Time will tell if the predictions are right.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Good to know. I'm thinking I'll just stop once I've finished chapter 7. I haven't even seen a single Crystal Heart, let alone gotten one.

They're adding a lot of costumes with this update, seeing as it's also coming with these:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-con...marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-x-men-costumes.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll be able to unlock the costumes (the level requirements for the first batch alone seem pretty high, though I've only beaten the game on Normal difficulty), but they're definitely making up for the base game alternate costumes being palette swaps.

Hopefully we get more free characters down the line (Beast, Vision, Ant-Man, etc.), along with more than four characters in the Fantastic Four DLC. It's great to see Marvel using the Fantastic Four again, but I want to play as Doctor Doom!
Was Symbiote Spider-Man free with the Marvel Knights pack or do I buy it separately? Cause Spider-Man's gonna be a mainstay on most of my teams, so I definitely want to cop that costume. I know his re-color costume is at least the Spider-Armor MK1 from the 90's

The hype is in the air at the UA3 Discord:

View attachment 254092
Aye, if I get the game soon, lemme check out that Discord link. I wouldn't mind posting there every once in a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always wish Kirby was real. (I picture Kirby's skin being so soft and smooth.)
Wouldn't mind being friends with him.^-^
I wish I could go to the cinema with my friends, Jet Jaguar, the Fantastic Four, Samus and the DQ8 Hero alongside his party members.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hm, I think I've figured out the last character for FP #5, guys.

ELxkVCnXUAAgzFo.jpeg

This is how we become full circle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Best Film of the Year: Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Best Animated Film: Missing Link
Worst Film of the Year: Captain Marvel
Anticipated Film of 2020: Godzilla vs. Kong

Note I'm only counting ones I've seen otherwise I'm certain Cats would be my worst film this year.

Also my top 11 for this year.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Joker
3. Missing Link
4. Hobbs & Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Detective Pikachu
10. Stuber
11. Happy Death Day 2U

Honorable Mentions: Abominable, Ad Astra, Child's Play, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Was Symbiote Spider-Man free with the Marvel Knights pack or do I buy it separately? Cause Spider-Man's gonna be a mainstay on most of my teams, so I definitely want to cop that costume. I know his re-color costume is at least the Spider-Armor MK1 from the 90's
Symbiote Spider-Man (along with World War Hulk and Captain Marvel's Ms. Marvel outfit) were part of a free update that added Cyclops and Colossus as playable characters. The Marvel Knights update added new costumes for Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, and Captain America, though I believe the costume updates are all free. (aside from Chef Deadpool)

EDIT: looked it up to confirm, and changed my post as a result.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe that Symbiote Spider-Man (along with World War Hulk and Captain Marvel's Ms. Marvel outfit) were part of a free update. The Marvel Knights update added new costumes for Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, and Captain America, though I believe the costume updates are all free. (aside from Chef Deadpool)
Yeah Symbiote Spider-Man alongside Ms.Marvel and World War Hulk were part of the Cyclops and Colossus free update.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For worst/disappointing films this year on the other hand.

1. Captain Marvel
2. Pet Sematary
3. Brightburn
4. Glass
5. It: Chapter Two

Reason top 5 is due to there not being 11 or more films that I consider worst or disappointing this year.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
In a week we're gonna enter a new decade, time passage really is something you can't get used to.

What were your favorite memories of this decade everyone?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In a week we're gonna enter a new decade, time passage really is something you can't get used to.

-My brother getting married.
-Getting to experience and know about Krampus.
-Godzilla making a glorious return getting to experience the films as well as Kong again on the big screen.
-My trip to Costa Rica notably on the river tour where I got to see my favorite animals crocodiles.
-My improvement in my life move on from yesterday to tomorrow.
-The return of my boi:ultkrool:which got me back into Nintendo and sparked my inner childhood again.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm assuming you're referring to Shovel Knight?
No.
B93C7902-F8C3-4576-A024-1E4E339E8BED.jpeg

A shovel is the best thing that has happened to me in my life.
I do love Shovel Knight, though. I voted for him in the Smash 4 ballot, and I was super stoked to see him in Ultimate as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I wish I could go to the cinema with my friends, Jet Jaguar, the Fantastic Four, Samus and the DQ8 Hero alongside his party members.
Agree, if I had to pick some fictional characters to be friends with, here's who I would pick:
-Kirby with Bandana Dee, Dedede and Meta Knight too.
-Lincoln Loud with Leni Loud.
-Yoshi and Poochy.
-Scooby with Shaggy and Scrappy.
-Godzilla with Anguirus, Mothra and Rodan. (Also Ghidorah too.)
-Meme Man with Orang.
There you go.
Do you think I should write a fanfiction of this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems like this won’t be released at the same hour the Marvel Knights DLC released after all.

Maybe it released through midnight.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

On the top of my head, graduating High School and College, meeting and spending time with some of my lifelong friends, going with my art club to Chicago, working with a film festival company for an internship, and getting to live in and explore a new city.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't believe I forgot that. Yes graduating from high school as well.

Also getting my dog Molly and then Sophie from last year. ^_^

Noipoi

Howdy!

Too many for me to count, ten years is a long time.

My childhood in general, while weird, was really rad. I miss those carefree days, tbh. The first time I saw HTTYD, the first time I played Pokémon...

Smash speculation is trash rn, but it was fun for a while. The entire Sun/Moon hype season was like a long ass party. Every moment I’ve had with my Switch was monumental.

The fact that I finally got some friends in recent years is definitely nice. Here’s hoping my social life gets even better in the next decade.

D

Deleted member

>Graduating High School
>Going to Madrid and finally meeting with an old friend after many years
>The new friends I made at Smashboards
>Meeting with one of my friends at my island’s comic conference
>Watching Godzilla King Of The Monsters with my friends
>The Skrulls in the MCU
>Marvel doing a great job with the Fantastic Four through the year
>Getting the Fantastic Four in UA3
>Getting the Dragon Quest 8 Hero in Smash at last after many years waiting for him to be added
>Dragon Ball Super Broly
>My uncle getting a cat
>Mysterio in Far From Home
>My new shelf for my collectables
>Clutch Powers and Johnny Thunder returning to LEGO media
>My one year Smashboards anniversary post
>Turning 18 years old
>Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated getting announced
>DQXI S being a success on the West
>My man Gambit getting added into UA3

Needless to say, this year was likely the best period of my life.

Edit: oh, I thought you meant stuff from this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Jokes aside, I got paid thirty dollars to voice the main protagonist in a video game on Steam. I’ve only been doing voice over for a year, so that’s a very big accomplishment for me. Lots of fan art has been made of the character, and Joel played the game on one of his streams. Definitely one of my bigger accomplishments.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anybody here like obscure TV promos? Here's one from kids WB with Batman the animated series villains and Pokemon.
HOLY ****ING ****

Ash Ketchum in one of the best scenes from Batman The Animated Series.

Just... amazing. Never thought I needed this in my life.

D

Deleted member

Detective Pikachu 2 but it is a crossover with Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker and it also stars Danny DeVito as Meowth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom