• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I can't wait for this little sucker to come out on TCG. Zombies are really fun to play with all the support it's been getting recently.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't wait for this little sucker to come out on TCG. Zombies are really fun to play with all the support it's been getting recently.

hope they don't edit it

oh no, kids can't see scythes!! it had to be energy now!!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My overview of the films I had seen this year:

Best Film of the Year: Avengers Endgame
Best Animated Film: Toy Story 4/Frozen 2
Worst Film of the Year: Cats (2019)
Anticipated Film of 2020: I have at least a couple in mind from Black Widow and Onward.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I might actually be able to beat Celeste. The challenge in this game seemed downright insurmountible around chapters 4 and 5, but now I'm on chapter 7 (which is, from what I can tell, the last story-related chapter in the game, since 8 is a bonus challenge gauntlet and 9 is an epilogue that's likely more difficult than 8) and it actually seems... doable?

Mind you, I'm still dying hundreds of times per chapter, but it actually feels like I can do this now, whether it's due to persistance or bull-headed stubbornness on my part.

Though now I'm a little wary of taking game recommendations from Reddit; between that, Enter the Gungeon, and Hollow Knight (all of which I got due to how highly recommended they were, though Gungeon might have been Dunkey), it sems like their preferred type of game is "punishing and insanely difficult".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I might actually be able to beat Celeste. The challenge in this game seemed downright insurmountible around chapters 4 and 5, but now I'm on chapter 7 (which is, from what I can tell, the last story-related chapter in the game, since 8 is a bonus challenge gauntlet and 9 is an epilogue that's likely more difficult than 8) and it actually seems... doable?

Mind you, I'm still dying hundreds of times per chapter, but it actually feels like I can do this now, whether it's due to persistance or bull-headed stubbornness on my part.

Though now I'm a little wary of taking game recommendations from Reddit; between that, Enter the Gungeon, and Hollow Knight (all of which I got due to how highly recommended they were, though Gungeon might have been Dunkey), it sems like their preferred type of game is "punishing and insanely difficult".
Chapter 8 requires a bunch of collectables and chapter 9 demands you have all of the crystal hearts iirc, you REALLY need a guide for those and chapter 9's been criticized for it's sheer length and expecting you to perfectly master new mechanics

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing Overwatch as Roadhog
>sees a D.Va
>tries to hook her
>she immediately Ults and I drag her ship to my entire team
>awkwardly sips on can, watching my entire team die

D

Deleted member

>sees a D.Va
>tries to hook her
I love that Buzz Lightyear image.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Chapter 8 requires a bunch of collectables and chapter 9 demands you have all of the crystal hearts iirc, you REALLY need a guide for those and chapter 9's been criticized for it's sheer length and expecting you to perfectly master new mechanics
Good to know. I'm thinking I'll just stop once I've finished chapter 7. I haven't even seen a single Crystal Heart, let alone gotten one.
osby osby Scarlet Witch is getting a new costume with the X-Men update in UA3!

Unlike the DLC, the new costumes are free for everyone and you just have to collect enough S.H.I.E.L.D. tokens to get them.
They're adding a lot of costumes with this update, seeing as it's also coming with these:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-con...marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-x-men-costumes.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll be able to unlock the costumes (the level requirements for the first batch alone seem pretty high, though I've only beaten the game on Normal difficulty), but they're definitely making up for the base game alternate costumes being palette swaps.

Hopefully we get more free characters down the line (Beast, Vision, Ant-Man, etc.), along with more than four characters in the Fantastic Four DLC. It's great to see Marvel using the Fantastic Four again, but I want to play as Doctor Doom!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'll do a ranking of the few movies this year I actually watched. Only ones from 2019 will be counted.

5) Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus
It had the lowest amount of memorable moments compared to the other movies. It certainly continued Invader Zim in a faithful way, with its wacky humor, and giving Zim a lot of personality. Though the ending wasn't as exciting as it could've been.
4) Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans
A lot of Teen Titans fans thought the OG Titans weren't used properly, and I agree a little bit. They were a bit too edgy, and Beast Boy and Starfire could've had a few more moments. But they weren't badly mischaracterized or anything. The interaction between the two Ravens were also really genuine and sincere. Overall, this one was lots of fun.
3) Shazam!
The acting could've been more polished, but the performances were still believable. Solid origin story that showed my favorite superhero's past, how he got his powers, and how he learned to use them. The villain also had almost as much story as Billy did. Things got a tad repetitive, but there were still a few cool surprises.
2) Avengers: Endgame
Every important character was used very well, and did everything they needed to to work towards the ultimate goal. The only MCU movies I've seen were Avengers movies, so there were a lot of things I didn't catch from other stories. But the appeal of Endgame was everyone working together. I also appreciated the time travel aspect.
1) Toy Story 4
It's the sequel to my favorite movie, and many of the things I liked from 3 carried over. We saw many new, creative toys that had their own stories. We saw the toys going into different environments other than their house, and having to adapt to them. And we saw elaborate, enticing action sequences. Unlike many, I'm not against this movie existing. Honestly, with how creative this franchise gets, I wouldn't even mind a Toy Story 5. And I actually liked the ending. Most of the series' main toys were sidelined, but they still got some time to shine.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
>sees a D.Va
>tries to hook her
If you‘re a Roadhog main and you haven’t done this at least once, then are you really a Roadhog main?

D

Deleted member

Good to know. I'm thinking I'll just stop once I've finished chapter 7. I haven't even seen a single Crystal Heart, let alone gotten one.

They're adding a lot of costumes with this update, seeing as it's also coming with these:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-con...marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-x-men-costumes.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll be able to unlock the costumes (the level requirements for the first batch alone seem pretty high, though I've only beaten the game on Normal difficulty), but they're definitely making up for the base game alternate costumes being palette swaps.

Hopefully we get more free characters down the line (Beast, Vision, Ant-Man, etc.), along with more than four characters in the Fantastic Four DLC. It's great to see Marvel using the Fantastic Four again, but I want to play as Doctor Doom!
Seeing how after the four characters of the X-Men DLC will leave five spots missing in the roster, and looking at the title for the F4 expansion in the pack... I find it highly likely for Doom to be playable (more so after seeing how each pack has some sort of villain with Morbius and Phoenix).

Datamines have shown that the game features data of characters such as Vision, Valkyrie, Black Bolt and Medusa as playable characters. Hopefully this data will be used for free DLC in the style of Cyclops and Colossus.

Regarding costumes, I believe that these will be adquired from the S.H.I.E.L.D. store through S.H.I.E.L.D. tokens (adquired via Nightmare mode or Gauntlet missions). So it will be easy to unlock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom