• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He didn't get a bulk of the advertisement around him nor is the main theme associated with him but go off I guess.
[Insert essay about how ackshually the song literally called "Lady of Hresvelg" can actually be interpreted from the perspective of Claude, Dimitri and Rhea]

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The other day, I asked what are some must have N64 games.

Can anyone name some PS1 games that are also considered “must have”

D

Deleted member

Oh god in Dimitri's case it's him making a call out post on twitter dot com becausw the girl he liked didn't send him feet pics
he literally wants hand pics but go off i guess

so this is why he and hubert have unique battle dialogue

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Can anyone explain to me why they refuse to give Tokyo Mirage Sessions a dub? Like, I understand that a lot of people look down on dubs, but a fair amount of people prefer to watch or play something in the language they speak AND they're losing out on a general audience that thinks "I'm not a weeb, I don't want to play this if it's in Japanese."
I think it primarily has to do with the multitude of music in the soundtrack sung by Japanese singers, and how closely that ties in with the story beats of the game. It would be a little weird if a dubbed version had the VAs swap from English to Japanese whenever the characters had to do a musical number. And while it is perfectly understandable that particular players would prefer to hear the game in their native language, I wouldn't necessarily say that the general western audience would dismiss a fully Japanese voiced game like this as nothing more than "weeb" nonsense.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was doing a voice of one of my friend's characters, for fun. Naturally I edited his art of the character, removed the eyebrows, and sent it back to him.
1576789132011.png

Nice.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh god in Dimitri's case it's him making a call out post on twitter dot com becausw the girl he liked didn't send him feet pics
he literally wants hand pics but go off i guess

so this is why he and hubert have unique battle dialogue
I think he ask more for picture of girl head.

With the background being the door of Enbarr as a bonus.

Nothing weird at all, just normal peoples things that normal peoples ask.

i hate myself.png

;)

I won't go to heaven for sure now.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Dimitri is a secondary character at best, tertiary at... Everything else.

Protagonist? Byleth
Main character? Arguments can be made for Byleth and Edelgard
Main theme? Edelgard

If you go the Church route, even Claude has at least a little bit of a hand in the plot, Dimitri? He basically shows up to say "hey guys, I exist! But I'm angry, and I have 1 eye now."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think it primarily has to do with the multitude of music in the soundtrack sung by Japanese singers, and how closely that ties in with the story beats of the game. It would be a little weird if a dubbed version had the VAs swap from English to Japanese whenever the characters had to do a musical number. And while it is perfectly understandable that particular players would prefer to hear the game in their native language, I wouldn't necessarily say that the general western audience would dismiss a fully Japanese voiced game like this as nothing more than "weeb" nonsense.
then keep songs in jp. Many games do that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Protagonist? Byleth
Main theme? Edelgard

If you go the Church route, even Claude has at least a little bit of a hand in the plot, Dimitri? He basically shows up to say "hey guys, I exist! But I'm angry, and I have 1 eye now."
joker please.jpg

There is so much to say about this post, and I don't know where to begin or even if I want to start something I might regret.

if anything, I say this miss completely the point of 3H, that being that every story matter and add something important that you wouldn't know about the MC of said route if you didn't play it, yes, Dimitri is less important in other routes, but he isn't tertiary or what have you.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Protagonist? Byleth
Main theme? Edelgard

I won't dispute that her chances are better the. Dimitri and Claude, but Edelgarde only really the "main character" in her own route, like the other two lords.

Yes she plays a big role in the other routes as the antagonist but that's not the same as being the main character in all of them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So this is what the “Incineroar vs other Pokémon” discussion looked like to non-Pokémon fans, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Protagonist? Byleth
Main theme? Edelgard

i would argue that the main protag role solely depends on route, either byleth for ss or cf/am/vw's respective lord
byleth serves more as a cardboard cutout stand-in for the player to watch said main protags do their **** (or as a very ineffectual silent protag for ss)
also, edelgard is probably not the main character when you try to beat her to death as the main villain for 3/4ths of the game lmao
def the most iconic character in 3h though- heavily marketed and also a major face in all four routes (although vw edelgard is hilariously dumb as the main villain)- which is why i think she'll probably be smash dlc if there's a 3h rep and it ain't byleth

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I won't dispute that her chances are better the. Dimitri and Claude, but Edelgarde only really the "main character" in her own route, like the other two lords.

Yes she plays a big role in the other routes as the antagonist but that's not the same as being the main character in all of them.
I mean, considering she's at the heart of the conflict an argument could be made for her being at least the deuteragonist.

Here's a comparison, I would say in the first Thor movie, Thor is the Protagonist (obviously) and Loki is the Deuteragonist (and also Antagonist).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So this is what the “Incineroar vs other Pokémon” discussion looked like to non-Pokémon fans, huh?
**** it

pro wrestlegard
I mean, cosidering she's at the heart of the conflict an argument could be made for her being at least the deuteragonist.

Here's a comparison, I would say in the first Thor movie, Thor is the Protagonist (obviously) and Loki is the Deuteragonist (and also Antagonist).
the girl doesn't have nearly enough screentime in non-cf routes nor is there any focus in non-cf routes on her journey and growth. she shows up maybe.. what, two or three times postskip and not at all preskip (besides holy tomb and garreg mach invasion)? very hard disagree on that

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Byleth is going to be the TH rep because I said so and Samurai always listens to what I want.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Christmas isn’t making me happy like it used to, I’m sad for literally no reason that I can think of, I forgot to make a dinner menue for vacation like my mom asked, I haven’t eaten anything all day, and everyone here is fighting about Fire Emblem.

I wanna go back to earlier today when I was watching that cat parade video and freeze myself in that moment for 24 hours because that would literally be a better day then I’m having right now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...feel I presented my point very badly, and that I shouldn't start a argument when I'm very tired due to being late here.

So, huh, all I say is that Rhea got godlike hips, Edel was sort of wrong, Dimitri should get a psychologist & Claude should stop acting like Spider-man before the Clone Saga happen to him.

Alright, that was ted talk, have fun ya all, sorry for acting like a foolish fool who couldn't more look more foolish if he tried to fool someone into a foolish argument.
abandonthreadpapy.GIF

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the only non-cf route where i can consider edelgard to be a deuteragonist is silver snow by virtue of coming off of the be version of white clouds (which includes her c and c+ supports as part of the package), but even then- she drops entirely into the Tragic Main Villain slot of the 2nd (and far more important) half of the game, and there's pretty much zero focus put on her journey and personal growth besides "she needs to be stopped"; if anything seteth kinda slides into the deuteragonist role pretty hard

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He didn't get a bulk of the advertisement around him nor is the main theme associated with him but go off I guess.
I’m not saying edelgard isn’t a contender but we already had Sakurai say he really didn’t want to add corrin. Ad corrin got really poor reception both for too many fire emblem reps and the fact that corrin is honestly a pretty **** protagonist.

If FE was getting a rep from the new game, they would want popularity on their side. Something that dimitri and edelgard both have.

Byleth is up there sure but I’d argue the former two outrank Byleth in popularity regardless of their protagonist role being the reason why they should be in.

Claude in all fairness kinda of just exists. He’s the middle ground. The story literally focuses on edelgard and dimitri. Their personalities change a bit between the stories but if you accept crimson flower as the canon route, then that’s the best interpretation of the story. In which Dimitri and Edelgard are two sides of a coin. They started with the same upbringings but a shift in the conflicts between their families led them to two very separate views on the world which in turn led to a war. Edelgard thought she could unite everyone and Dimitri was fighting for what he thought was right and the protection of his people in crimson flower. Unlike blue lions, he never seems deranged in that story and has a relatively logical head on his shoulders. They both have plenty to contribute to the story and plenty to contribute to smash.

Protagonist? Byleth
Main theme? Edelgard

I touched upon most of these above, but:

Main character: yes it would be Byleth and edelgard in terms of lore, but as a game and all its story, every lord and Byleth are the main character, it just depends on your choice.

As for Dimitri, he is literally caught in the war because Edelgard’s mother ruined his entire family and even his bond with edelgard. His story in blue lions is overcome the past and paving the way for the future. He learns to Become a good ruler from all the hardships connected to the overall narrative and lore. Meanwhile in the end of that edelgard still doesn’t accept peace despite everything.
In crimson flower the obvious canon route, his story is similar he’s just not filled with hatred and anger and is actually a much more noble ruler trying to stop a total takeover so his people can be protected by him, as a ruler should.

just because edelgard is a main character and good contender, it doesn’t mean there can’t be their options, especially when Nintendo will push for popular characters, which their own research yielded that dimitri is the most popular lord of the game. He’d be easy money. Edelgard would be a good pick to, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they went in on dimitri because of the poll. Chrom literally got in as an echo because of ballot support. So if polls show dimitri on top, it’s not that farfetch’d to say he would be considered.

Like three houses reps can easily go anyway. I’m just putting my thoughts out there. I’m not saying I’m right, but these are just my predictions for what might happen. I’m not going to be mad or say anyone else is wrong, I’m just stating my personal belief here.

D

Deleted member

I sent someone some lines for a character I voice. The one in my PFP, actually.

They then proceeded to tell me that they’ve been having a bad day, but despite that, the lines still managed to make them smile.

AAAAA-

D

Deleted member

After all this, turns out post pass also has no first parties.
Except for Baboom of course he goes beyond measly first party and third parties.

fr though I just want a mix of both like how Base game had both is that so much to ask for? It's lame I absolutely missed my chance for talking about First Parties seriously on here and I want that opportunity.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
then keep songs in jp. Many games do that
Sorry if I didn't clarify, but I meant that it would be odd if they did exactly that, while still keeping its hypothetical english-dubbed dialogue as is. The reason being since so much of the game places an emphasis on musical performance in-story, said characters within the story are likely to be the ones singing for a good portion of the time (Correct me if I'm wrong, since I know little to nothing about the game). Any of the main characters could potentially need to sing for gameplay/plot reasons, which would cause said character to have their voice actor switch from English to Japanese for the duration of the song. This might be incredibly jarring to a lot of people. Of course, an alternative would just be to have the music reworked into English variants to avoid this, but I'd imagine that would take a decent amount of time and resources, which is most likely why they kept the game entirely voiced in Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom