• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

if you accept crimson flower as the canon route
In crimson flower the obvious canon route,
why exactly is cf, one of four separate routes with their own stories, themes, ideas, characters, and morals the "obvious canon route"? when there's pretty much no evidence towards any of the four being more canon than each other?

is this some kind of twisted joke?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The other day, I asked what are some must have N64 games.

Can anyone name some PS1 games that are also considered “must have”
Tekken 2 and 3, Spyro Trilogy, Crash Trilogy, FF7, Spider-Man 1 and 2, Tony Hawk 1 and 2, Tomb Raider, Mega Man 8, SotN, Mega Man X4, RE Trilogy, Parappa The Rapper, Legend of Dragoon, Oddworld, Ridge Racer, MGS, Pocket Fighter, X-Men Mutant Academy, Ape Escape, MediEvil, Mega Man Legends, Soul Reaver.

I'm sure there's a TON I'm missing, but that's what I could think of off the top of my head.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tekken 2 and 3, Spyro Trilogy, Crash Trilogy, FF7, Spider-Man 1 and 2, Tony Hawk 1 and 2, Tomb Raider, Mega Man 8, SotN, Mega Man X4, RE Trilogy, Parappa The Rapper, Legend of Dragoon, Oddworld, Ridge Racer, MGS, Pocket Fighter, X-Men Mutant Academy, Ape Escape, MediEvil, Mega Man Legends, Soul Reaver.

I'm sure there's a TON I'm missing, but that's what I could think of off the top of my head.
nessdeltarune00 nessdeltarune00
Also Twisted Metal and Metal Gear Solid.

D

Deleted member

why exactly is cf, one of four separate routes with their own stories, themes, ideas, characters, and morals the "obvious canon route"? when there's pretty much no evidence towards any of the four being more canon than each other?

i mean, if anything, evidence.. kinda points to the direct contrary a bit, considering how obviously rushed cf was- it was almost definitely one of if not the last routes to be worked on, and i doubt intsys ever planned any route to be "the canon one"- and if they did, they wouldn't have crammed it in during the last 30 seconds of development time they had left

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry if I didn't clarify, but I meant that it would be odd if they did exactly that, while still keeping its hypothetical english-dubbed dialogue as is. The reason being since so much of the game places an emphasis on musical performance in-story, said characters within the story are likely to be the ones singing for a good portion of the time (Correct me if I'm wrong, since I know little to nothing about the game). Any of the main characters could potentially need to sing for gameplay/plot reasons, which would cause said character to have their voice actor switch from English to Japanese for the duration of the song. This might be incredibly jarring to a lot of people. Of course, an alternative would just be to have the music reworked into English variants to avoid this, but I'd imagine that would take a decent amount of time and resources, which is most likely why they kept the game entirely voiced in Japanese.
Id say it would be better for players to suck it up tbh. They could keep the Song in JP and have subs. From what I remeber, a game called Stella Glow had plently of singing and that was all kept Japanese while the main game was dubbed

Noipoi

Howdy!
i mean, if anything, evidence.. kinda points to the direct contrary a bit, considering how obviously rushed cf was- it was almost definitely one of if not the last routes to be worked on, and i doubt intsys ever planned any route to be "the canon one"- and if they did, they wouldn't have crammed it in during the last 30 seconds of development time they had left
Yeah you tell that ****ing moron you’re quoting he’s poopy.

Not you you’re cool.

D

Deleted member

After all this, turns out post pass also has no first parties.
tbh this is way more likely than people think
third parties are ****in massive, and it's been working for nintendo up until now
if it ain't broke etc etc
Yeah you tell that ****ing moron you’re quoting he’s poopy.

Not you you’re cool.
it was meant to be an addendum of sorts noipoi you stupid ****ing ****** **** my beautiful son you stupid idiot ****face ******

Noipoi

Howdy!
tbh this is way more likely than people think
third parties are ****in massive, and it's been working for nintendo up until now
if it ain't broke etc etc
Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if we continue to get no first parties at all.

it was meant to be an addendum of sorts noipoi you stupid ****ing ****** **** my beautiful son you stupid idiot ****face ******
93441132-2684-4C4B-AC32-16B8C9A49E8E.png

D

Deleted member

They’re fighting about Fire Emblem because a rando 4chan leak said Dimitri would be in Smash and not Edelgard.
nobody's fighting, dunno why smash board social thread has the tendency to blow up mild disagreements into something worse than they actually are

D

Deleted member

Because we crave drama
the only good drama is pure, untainted drama
those actual, fierce, ferocious arguments that continue for pages on end and devolve into name calling, callout posts, and unorthodox insults rather than polite disagreements and rebuttals

take me home mr. grinch

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Everything is canon because Outrealms.

They’re fighting about Fire Emblem because a rando 4chan leak said Dimitri would be in Smash and not Edelgard.
Girl if this is a fight then I'd hate to see what you call an actual fight.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
nobody's fighting, dunno why smash board social thread has the tendency to blow up mild disagreements into something worse than they actually are
Things we never the same since The Great Debate of December 2019...

I remember like it was yesterday....that I said I wouldn't come back here after how horrible it went.

I was such a genius....but lord, did I suck at math.
WelcomeHeavenlyHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are you talking about the Fatman Vs Burb War of Dec 2019?
No.

I was making fun of myself for taking things a bit more seriously than I should on the Dimitri stuff here.

Lord know I really don't want to talk about this debate you mention, especially due how late it is.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, I'm going to go, for real, no epic gamer prank this time, just wanted to leave a few messages to poke fun at myself, because hey, you never go too far if you can't make fun of your errors from time to time, no one is perfect after all.

All said, hope ya all the best here, tomorrow is the last day of work for me, after that...
tumblr_o9cb600ImV1rypw9yo1_400.gif

HOLIDAY HERE I COME.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I’m thinking it’s cannon just because it kinda of lines up.

for example if you at marketing, conquest is the canon story for fates because they advertise the hell out of female corrin and she is always Tied to conquest, make is birthright and then they ignore revelations.

Crimson Flower gives you the full picture on edelgard the story’s main focus. You see her personality better and you and her classmates ally with her instead of setting out to kill her. You get way more of a picture of the world of three houses the. You do otherwise outside of parts of golden deer.

With Edelgard as a big mascot I doubt she’s meant to be from the timeline where byleth hunted and killed her, but the one where she won with Byleth and that you have to work a little extra to get.

It could really going any way but I feel like that’s going to be the canon route in their eyes. Admittedly it is early to tell though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been sitting here playing as many games as possible to earn credits in Overwatch. I almost have enough for Rat King.
Nice. I got his skin from a loot box last night. I have a lot of the skins I wanted from the past few Christmas events. Right now I’m at over 6000 credits and can buy sigma and doom fist if I want. I’m going to try and get them from loot boxes first

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's also important to note that Dimitri's popularity didn't skyrocket in Japan until quite a bit after release. Given when we can assume the post pass characters were chosen, Three Houses wouldn't have been that old. It'd probably have only just recently released, if that.

If Three Houses gets a character, it's almost certainly gonna be Byleth or Edelgard. Dimitri's popularity likely came too late to factor into things.

D

Deleted member

I’m thinking it’s cannon just because it kinda of lines up.

for example if you at marketing, conquest is the canon story for fates because they advertise the hell out of female corrin and she is always Tied to conquest, make is birthright and then they ignore revelations.

Crimson Flower gives you the full picture on edelgard the story’s main focus. You see her personality better and you and her classmates ally with her instead of setting out to kill her. You get way more of a picture of the world of three houses the. You do otherwise outside of parts of golden deer.

With Edelgard as a big mascot I doubt she’s meant to be from the timeline where byleth hunted and killed her, but the one where she won with Byleth and that you have to work a little extra to get.

It could really going any way but I feel like that’s going to be the canon route in their eyes. Admittedly it is early to tell though.
like i said in a different post, if cf was meant to be the canon route, why would they shove it in during the last 30 seconds pf development time? why would they rush their One True Route out the door with only 18 chapters, one cutscene, and the biggest hanging plot thread in the game as a whole that was obviously only left hanging because they didn't have time to give cf another four chapters?

logically, it makes far more sense to create the "canon" route first rather than last.

as for the marketing heavily focusing on edelgard- she's, as you said, at the very epicenter of the conflict that drives the game as a whole- she's literally the main villain of the game. them marketing her could be seen as setting up the twist later on when she has a heated emperor moment in the tomb and so on so forth. it could also easily be seen as them marketing ss rather than cf, which- if we're assuming the more fleshed out and complete a route is equates to it being created earlier- could very easily be the case

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
If we do get a three houses character then I don't see why Rex couldn't have gotten in. If one was "too late" I don't see why the other isn't.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Quick question - what Star Wars TV series are worth watching? I want to do something to get myself ready for the Rise of Skywalker (not seeing it until Boxing Day), I've seen the original trilogy and the two released parts of the sequel trilogy recently, and I don't want to watch the prequels again. (Though I MIGHT rewatch Revenge of the Sith)

On a related note, do NOT spoil the Rise of Skywalker for me. I'm serious about this; I've got to avoid spoilers for about a week. (so I'm not going to check Twitter, Youtube comments, etc. for anything)

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Quick question - what Star Wars TV series are worth watching? I want to do something to get myself ready for the Rise of Skywalker (not seeing it until Boxing Day), I've seen the original trilogy and the two released parts of the sequel trilogy recently, and I don't want to watch the prequels again. (Though I MIGHT rewatch Revenge of the Sith)

On a related note, do NOT spoil the Rise of Skywalker for me. I'm serious about this; I've got to avoid spoilers for about a week. (so I'm not going to check Twitter, Youtube comments, etc. for anything)
I've heard the clone wars series and mandalorian are really good, I haven't seen either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom