• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can they even use the name "Call of the Wild"? Is that legal?
Some of the comments were saying it’s copyrighted by Fox I believe it was. Maybe there was a way around they though. Considering the first trailer literally has a voice calling out to Link and Zelda, it makes a lot of sense as a name if they could get it.
I don’t know. This doesn’t feel that unbelievable to me. Depending on how far into the year this comes, I think it would make sense for them to reveal a handful of characters to try and set a better tone among the fans.

I mean, certainly, the smash fan base needs to learn a bit more patience. But Capcom and NRS with both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, have poven that earlier gameplay-less reveals of characters are just as exciting and give the fan base a place to direct their energy rather then just the endless screaming into the void that we’ve been doing which is decidedly bad marketing. This is something they’ve already toyed with themselves with both Joker and Terry. So I don’t think it’s that far out for them to do a handful of cinematic only reveal trailers with release windows or even dates at the start of the new year to set the tone.

Also, why would Kirby be unbelievable? And call of the Wild is too generic of a name for there to be any real copyright problems. Just googling is shows it to be a very commonplace title used in many different pieces of unrelated media
Matbe, but a random employee I feel like shouldn’t ha e that much info on a big game like smash. For the most part dlc has been kept under wraps and we haven’t gotten leaks until a little before the characters reveal.

as for the Kirby game, the title just doesn’t feel like a Kirby game title.

Nebula Voyage sounds pretty weird. The Kirby titles are usually pretty dynamic and I’m just not feeling that one.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Outside of the Kirby title and knowing multiple smash characters this doesn’t sound totally crazy. Cool concepts regardless:
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/489491141
Let's see...
-The "I worked at Nintendo, trust me" title.
-Piggybacking off of the popular 'leaks' of the week in the form of Sonic Rift and 5 (which, according to said 'leaks' is the codename for Sonic Mania 2).
-Stating that Nintendo will have five major releases in late 2020, with three of those (as that's been Pokemon month since ORAS) in November alone.
-Stealing the Zelda BotW subtitle from a popular schoolchildren book.
-Daisy being in a mainline Mario game.

Yep, that's a 4Chan leak.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Let's see...
-Piggybacking off of the popular 'leaks' of the week in the form of Sonic Rift and 5 (which, according to said 'leaks' is the codename for Sonic Mania 2).
-Stating that Nintendo will have five major releases in late 2020, with three of those (as that's been Pokemon month since ORAS) in November alone.

Remind me of the early leak era for Smash Ultimate.

Ah, the good ol' time.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Can anyone explain to me why they refuse to give Tokyo Mirage Sessions a dub? Like, I understand that a lot of people look down on dubs, but a fair amount of people prefer to watch or play something in the language they speak AND they're losing out on a general audience that thinks "I'm not a weeb, I don't want to play this if it's in Japanese."

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let's see...

I'll give them credit for putting Ryza along with Nightmare and Doomguy because now I'm imagining a triple reveal and it's hilarious.

Dimitri over Byleth or Edelgard is just your typical "I swear this is an original leak" oddness, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can anyone explain to me why they refuse to give Tokyo Mirage Sessions a dub? Like, I understand that a lot of people look down on dubs, but a fair amount of people prefer to watch or play something in the language they speak AND they're losing out on a general audience that thinks "I'm not a weeb, I don't want to play this if it's in Japanese."
If someone thinks weeb is an insult they won't be playing TMS in the first place, regardless of dubs.

It literally markets itself with idols.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Because the game is a low budget proto Persona 5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll give them credit for putting Ryza along with Nightmare and Doomguy because now I'm imagining a triple reveal and it's hilarious.

Dimitri over Byleth or Edelgard is just your typical "I swear this is an original leak" oddness, though.
I remember her game being talked about a lot a few months back but I know nothing about Atelier. How does she fight, actually?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some of the comments were saying it’s copyrighted by Fox I believe it was. Maybe there was a way around they though. Considering the first trailer literally has a voice calling out to Link and Zelda, it makes a lot of sense as a name if they could get it.

Matbe, but a random employee I feel like shouldn’t ha e that much info on a big game like smash. For the most part dlc has been kept under wraps and we haven’t gotten leaks until a little before the characters reveal.

as for the Kirby game, the title just doesn’t feel like a Kirby game title.

Nebula Voyage sounds pretty weird. The Kirby titles are usually pretty dynamic and I’m just not feeling that one.
Oh. You literally just meant the title. I thought you meant title as in “the newest title in the series” that kind of thing.

And there is one person who would know this stuff. The guy editing the direct.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i would LOVE for the game to have english dubs

D

Deleted member

good afternoon to nobody except for dimitri alexandre blaiddyd from fire emblem: three houses because it is his birthday in japan and i appreciate him

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm not even off half a day and I'm already feeling a bit bored. Creativity block, probably not going to get a game for a while and whatnot.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
How can the Master Chief Collection still be a mess this long after launch? I just want to play the ****ing game and all it will do is freeze on the start screen. Ridiculous.

Edit: Finally got in.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Boy, I sure do love being forced to do someone else's job because they're simply too lazy to do it themselves.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let's see...

this is pretty fair. The daisy point I feel is kinda of invalid. If She can get alts in Mario kart hen those mostly went to peach and Mario(hell she has an alt before Luigi) and if she can get into smash even if as a echo fighter then her making the jump to playable in a 3D world port makes sense.Especially when she could be built off of peach in that.

Nah dimitri isn’t there to be different, he’s there because he genuinely has the highest chance compared to anyone else from there if you pay attention to Nintendo. He ranked among their most popular characters in japan alongside Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and other notable faces. That’s huge and absolutely tells me that if three houses is getting a free advertisement in smash, it’s going to go to him.

I imagine that’s similar to the thought process here. That poll is most likely why dimitri is on the list.
Oh. You literally just meant the title. I thought you meant title as in “the newest title in the series” that kind of thing.

And there is one person who would know this stuff. The guy editing the direct.
This is true and there was one time an entire direct actually did leak from a random 4chan image of someone computer who had access to the direct.

But I really doubt all of this is going to be in one direct and I didn’t think they gave more then one general direct already put together for the year.

D

Deleted member

Nah dimitri isn’t there to be different, he’s there because he genuinely has the highest chance compared to anyone else from there if you pay attention to Nintendo. He ranked among their most popular characters in japan alongside Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and other notable faces. That’s huge and absolutely tells me that if three houses is getting a free advertisement in smash, it’s going to go to him.

I imagine that’s similar to the thought process here. That poll is most likely why dimitri is on the list.
3H in Smash arguments are really just boneless Pokemon discussions.
"This one is more relevant! This one prevents bias! This one is more popular!"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
this is pretty fair. The daisy point I feel is kinda of invalid. If She can get alts in Mario kart hen those mostly went to peach and Mario(hell she has an alt before Luigi) and if she can get into smash even if as a echo fighter then her making the jump to playable in a 3D world port makes sense.Especially when she could be built off of peach in that.

This is true and there was one time an entire direct actually did leak from a random 4chan image of someone computer who had access to the direct.

But I really doubt all of this is going to be in one direct and I didn’t think they gave more then one general direct already put together for the year.
Fair. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nah dimitri isn’t there to be different, he’s there because he genuinely has the highest chance compared to anyone else from there if you pay attention to Nintendo.
counterargument:

1576785959935.png 1576785971924.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tell me your brightest, happiest secret.
I took a puppy from a highway that was clearly starving/dying and I've raised her for about 2 years now.

Lots of people honked at me when I ran at the road but what the **** are they gonna do run me over?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
He didn't get a bulk of the advertisement around him nor is the main theme associated with him but go off I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom