• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i mean, if anything, evidence.. kinda points to the direct contrary a bit, considering how obviously rushed cf was- it was almost definitely one of if not the last routes to be worked on, and i doubt intsys ever planned any route to be "the canon one"- and if they did, they wouldn't have crammed it in during the last 30 seconds of development time they had left
crimson flower: obviously rushed
silver snow: feels like the dev's original intended crimson flower before realising they maybe needed a second option for black eagles, but is stuck in a weird lordless limbo as a result
verdant wind: a nonsensical at best reskin of silver snow that feels even more rushed than crimson flower
azure moon: PERFECTION BAY-BEE

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Quick question - what Star Wars TV series are worth watching? I want to do something to get myself ready for the Rise of Skywalker (not seeing it until Boxing Day), I've seen the original trilogy and the two released parts of the sequel trilogy recently, and I don't want to watch the prequels again. (Though I MIGHT rewatch Revenge of the Sith)

On a related note, do NOT spoil the Rise of Skywalker for me. I'm serious about this; I've got to avoid spoilers for about a week. (so I'm not going to check Twitter, Youtube comments, etc. for anything)
CG Clone Wars (viewing guide for stuff before Season 6) and Rebels for animated side that's canon. Gendy's Clone Wars is also really good but it's not canon.
Mandalorian is top tier stuff though it doesn't finish until next week.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
CG Clone Wars (viewing guide for stuff before Season 6) and Rebels for animated side that's canon. Gendy's Clone Wars is also really good but it's not canon.
Why is the best version of Grievous non-canon?! As well as everything else about the show?!

D

Deleted member

crimson flower: obviously rushed
silver snow: feels like the dev's original intended crimson flower before realising they maybe needed a second option for black eagles, but is stuck in a weird lordless limbo as a result
verdant wind: a nonsensical at best reskin of silver snow that feels even more rushed than crimson flower
azure moon: PERFECTION BAY-BEE
dimitri.. win
emoji.gif

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanks! I'll watch the second episode of the Mandalorian (I've already seen the first) and get a start on the abridged version of the Clone Wars based on that link. (I'll go back and watch the full series later, but at the very least, watching the highlighted episodes from season 1 will give me an idea of what the show's like)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the virgin edelgard: no. 1 most disliked character in both east and west; has a half-baked route; is too hot for teach to think straight

the chad dimitri: no. 1 most liked character everywhere; has 22 chapters of pure cinematic brilliance; is a feral ****ing monster who does not give a **** about teach

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the virgin edelgard: no. 1 most disliked character in both east and west; has a half-baked route; is too hot for teach to think straight

the virgin dimitri: no. 1 most liked character everywhere; has 22 chapters of pure cinematic brilliance; is a feral ****ing monster who does not give a **** about teach
edelgard: "teacher i missed you over these 5 years.. do you have any idea how guilty i felt, how horrible these years,, have been"

dimitri:
Dimitri_cutscene~2.png

"i will beat you to death."

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I bought a graphic tablet to improve my drawing ability.

The hardest obstacle so far is having to look at the pc screen while my hands are on the tablet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
like i said in a different post, if cf was meant to be the canon route, why would they shove it in during the last 30 seconds pf development time? why would they rush their One True Route out the door with only 18 chapters, one cutscene, and the biggest hanging plot thread in the game as a whole that was obviously only left hanging because they didn't have time to give cf another four chapters?

logically, it makes far more sense to create the "canon" route first rather than last.

as for the marketing heavily focusing on edelgard- she's, as you said, at the very epicenter of the conflict that drives the game as a whole- she's literally the main villain of the game. them marketing her could be seen as setting up the twist later on when she has a heated emperor moment in the tomb and so on so forth. it could also easily be seen as them marketing ss rather than cf, which- if we're assuming the more fleshed out and complete a route is equates to it being created earlier- could very easily be the case
This is definitely something to consider.

It’s just weird if the canon route lacks all the extra details and lore they threw in there. Although realistically the story of crimson flower is probably going to be a big part of the story dlc because they know it will sell. It’s just overall weird that this route exists and is rushed. Makes me wonder what it’s truly there for. Silver Snow is definitely a good contender for canon though. We’ll know eventually I’m sure the more three houses characters get marketed with future stuff for the franchise

D

Deleted member

So uhhh my pinkie toe works at Nintendo and ur first parties are Flayn and Snom
Alright random essay cause why the hell not: Baboom known as ゴリランダー or Gorirandā in Japan is one of if not the most likely character for post pass DLC and here's why:

Pokemon known as Pocket Monsters in Japan is one of the biggest franchises in the entire entertainment industry even including movies, television and otherwise hell it's the biggest entertainment franchise to this date (according to wikipedia) with an estimate of 95+ billion dollars made which means it's bigger than Star Wars (est. 68 billion), Mickey Mouse (est. 74 billion), The MCU (est. 35 billion) and even Mario itself (est. 36 billion) so of course there'll be at least one new Pokemon every game.

As for it's history it started on February 27th 1996 and spans little over two decades with 35 mainline games and counting with another with 60+ spin-off titles (according to the Nintendo Wiki). The franchise even toppled Mickey Mouse which started in 1928 (90-91 years ago) in a quarter of such time. The franchise is absolutely massive.

Now for the elephant in the room, Sword and Shield which has been clouded in drama and worry ever since E3 of this year. All of the leaks beforehand made it sound like one of the worst Pokemon games out there with all the Pokedex cuts, "Awful" graphics and more it really didn't look all to hot for the game but as it always does Drama eventually fades away and gets drown out by the people who are thankful for having a new game in their favorite series to the point it apparently got the best sales for any launch in the series (according to here).

So my point? The State Pokemon is in is arguably the best it's ever been despite what people may say about the franchise, despite it's flaws, it's too big to fail I'd argue as proven by all of the drama fizzling out and despite what people may have said about it with these kinds of sales it goes to show Pokemon is here to stay and one hell of a juggernaut not just for The Pokemon Company and Game Freak but also Nintendo as a whole.

It's so big in fact Sakurai feels the need to introduce a new Pokemon to Smash within every single Smash game with Pika/Puff in 64, Mewtwo/Pichu in Melee, Pkmn Trainer/Lucario in Brawl, Greninja in Smash 4/Return of Mewtwo in Smash 4 DLC and of course Incineroar in base-game.

Why did I single out Mewtwo from just Greninja in Smash 4? You might be questioning, "He's a Veteran and there's no Veterans in Ultimate DLC so this doesn't mean anything for DLC now or in the future!" Well are you absolutely positive about that? Cause I could argue quite the opposite.

However, what I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren’t working on anything at the moment. We’ve put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people. I can’t yet give you an answer about whether the price would justify the costs and criticisms mentioned above.
-Sakurai (Talking about Smash 4 and DLC)

Since as shown up there Sakurai planned for Mewtwo to be the only DLC character I think it's very indicative of how he views the franchise. Sakurai could've chosen any series, Any character but he chose Mewtwo? Why? Well Popularity could be one thing but a lot of characters were/are popular he could've chosen K. Rool, Geno or numerous other characters so it could also be that he highly respects the Pokemon franchise to the point of feeling the need to include yet another Pokemon. He's always put a "New" Pokemon in every Smash game so him respecting the franchise is quite obvious.

Also there's that Sakurai not wanting to use any additional costs for Post-Game content which is exactly what post-pass DLC is it's post-post game and what do we know it?
Sakurai already stated he went over-budget on the fighters pass which is quite curious when you add these two things together. Sakurai has massive respect for the Pokemon franchise and also had Mewtwo be his only post-content no costs fighter I think that could indicate a win moment for Baboom.

So why Baboom? Why him specifically? Well Sakurai always looks at a character for what they can bring to the table and what they could have to make them standout just look at what he said for Incineroar even:
When planning began around December of 2015, I had resolved that I had to have all kinds of fighters in the game. Generally, though, I can’t really add a character from a game that hasn’t come out yet to the roster… So, I left one character frame open for Pokémon, and after Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out I took another look at it. That resulted in Incineroar being chosen. I wanted to try making a pro-wrestler type character at least once! Incineroar is voiced by the late Mr. Unshō Ishizuka – of Professor. Oak fame – who passed away back in August; he had recorded new lines just for this game. May he rest in peace.
-Sakurai (on Incineroar)

So this goes to show he always looks for what a character could bring and what could make them standout compared to the rest of the cast while keeping them fun and engaging to play as. Sakurai specifically stated he always wanted to include a Pro-Wrestler type character and what else kind of character has he tried to make in the past? That's right a Rhythm-based character (as shown here) Sakurai tried to include a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash which of course likely would've had a Rhythm based moveset yet it could be transferred to Baboom due to his connection to drum-banging and rhythm.

Baboom would be fun and interesting to the point of very much standing on his own compared to the rest of the Smash cast much like Incineroar.

So people always assumed that Spirits disconfirmed right? That's a pretty solid assumption given everything we have now but what does the lack of Spirit mean for a character's chances? Well I'd argue not much unless you're first party character like Three Houses, Pokemon Sword/Shield or Astral Chain and guess what? All three of them don't have Spirits a month+ away from release or for some cases a lack of a specific spirit is suspicious.

Let's get down to the point Baboom doesn't have a Spirit and that's awfully suspicious given it's high amounts of popularity and the breakout success he's had especially since it's been like a month since Sw/Sh released. What could this mean? Well I'd argue he could very well be a Post-Pass character and even the first Post-Pass character decided upon given Mewtwo's case in last games cycle I think this could ironically enough be paralleling it. Yeah I think Baboom is in and that he is in-fact the first Post-Pass character.

Not only the first post-pass DLC character though I think Post-Pass could easily be reverting back to Smash 4's way of doing things due to how Sakurai phrased him "only going on for a little while longer":

I really get the Smash 4 DLC vibe from that I don't know about you but I at least think Baboom would be a perfect character to kick that off with.
In the end your source is incorrect because
Baboom win.png
he wins. He always does. Case Closed and thank you for reading.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got around to coloring an old sketch some more. Got the shading done too. A bit of clean up work and some highlights and I might use it as an Avi for a bit. I get super paranoid about using/showing my own art because I think it's ****ty, but I think anyone who has even a mild interest in drawing feels that way. Just gotta tough it out and keep at it, bit by bit.

Here's ANOTHER sketch that's even older. It's of the GOAT himself, Mega Man X(I got like 4 or so sketches of him, though not nearly as much as Spider-Man/Dragon Ball ones). I've improved quite a bit because the body's a lot wonkier than what I normally do, though some stuff I did before was also better.

MMX1 Armor Ver 3.png

The older versions had blander colors, so I made them pop a bit more. I used an older version as an Avi for a bit. I got a bunch of pencil sketches of other characters like Spider-Man, Gohan, Storm, Spawn and so on that I should re-do digitally. I just need to NOT be lazy during the Holiday Break. We'll see how that goes. Either way, gotta try and get better bit by bit.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright random essay cause why the hell not: Baboom known as ゴリランダー or Gorirandā in Japan is one of if not the most likely character for post pass DLC and here's why:

Pokemon known as Pocket Monsters in Japan is one of the biggest franchises in the entire entertainment industry even including movies, television and otherwise hell it's the biggest entertainment franchise to this date (according to wikipedia) with an estimate of 95+ billion dollars made which means it's bigger than Star Wars (est. 68 billion), Mickey Mouse (est. 74 billion), The MCU (est. 35 billion) and even Mario itself (est. 36 billion) so of course there'll be at least one new Pokemon every game.

As for it's history it started on February 27th 1996 and spans little over two decades with 35 mainline games and counting with another with 60+ spin-off titles (according to the Nintendo Wiki). The franchise even toppled Mickey Mouse which started in 1928 (90-91 years ago) in a quarter of such time. The franchise is absolutely massive.

Now for the elephant in the room, Sword and Shield which has been clouded in drama and worry ever since E3 of this year. All of the leaks beforehand made it sound like one of the worst Pokemon games out there with all the Pokedex cuts, "Awful" graphics and more it really didn't look all to hot for the game but as it always does Drama eventually fades away and gets drown out by the people who are thankful for having a new game in their favorite series to the point it apparently got the best sales for any launch in the series (according to here).

So my point? The State Pokemon is in is arguably the best it's ever been despite what people may say about the franchise, despite it's flaws, it's too big to fail I'd argue as proven by all of the drama fizzling out and despite what people may have said about it with these kinds of sales it goes to show Pokemon is here to stay and one hell of a juggernaut not just for The Pokemon Company and Game Freak but also Nintendo as a whole.

It's so big in fact Sakurai feels the need to introduce a new Pokemon to Smash within every single Smash game with Pika/Puff in 64, Mewtwo/Pichu in Melee, Pkmn Trainer/Lucario in Brawl, Greninja in Smash 4/Return of Mewtwo in Smash 4 DLC and of course Incineroar in base-game.

Why did I single out Mewtwo from just Greninja in Smash 4? You might be questioning, "He's a Veteran and there's no Veterans in Ultimate DLC so this doesn't mean anything for DLC now or in the future!" Well are you absolutely positive about that? Cause I could argue quite the opposite.

-Sakurai (Talking about Smash 4 and DLC)

Since as shown up there Sakurai planned for Mewtwo to be the only DLC character I think it's very indicative of how he views the franchise. Sakurai could've chosen any series, Any character but he chose Mewtwo? Why? Well Popularity could be one thing but a lot of characters were/are popular he could've chosen K. Rool, Geno or numerous other characters so it could also be that he highly respects the Pokemon franchise to the point of feeling the need to include yet another Pokemon. He's always put a "New" Pokemon in every Smash game so him respecting the franchise is quite obvious.

Also there's that Sakurai not wanting to use any additional costs for Post-Game content which is exactly what post-pass DLC is it's post-post game and what do we know it?
Sakurai already stated he went over-budget on the fighters pass which is quite curious when you add these two things together. Sakurai has massive respect for the Pokemon franchise and also had Mewtwo be his only post-content no costs fighter I think that could indicate a win moment for Baboom.

So why Baboom? Why him specifically? Well Sakurai always looks at a character for what they can bring to the table and what they could have to make them standout just look at what he said for Incineroar even:
-Sakurai (on Incineroar)

So this goes to show he always looks for what a character could bring and what could make them standout compared to the rest of the cast while keeping them fun and engaging to play as. Sakurai specifically stated he always wanted to include a Pro-Wrestler type character and what else kind of character has he tried to make in the past? That's right a Rhythm-based character (as shown here) Sakurai tried to include a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash which of course likely would've had a Rhythm based moveset yet it could be transferred to Baboom due to his connection to drum-banging and rhythm.

Baboom would be fun and interesting to the point of very much standing on his own compared to the rest of the Smash cast much like Incineroar.

So people always assumed that Spirits disconfirmed right? That's a pretty solid assumption given everything we have now but what does the lack of Spirit mean for a character's chances? Well I'd argue not much unless you're first party character like Three Houses, Pokemon Sword/Shield or Astral Chain and guess what? All three of them don't have Spirits a month+ away from release or for some cases a lack of a specific spirit is suspicious.

Let's get down to the point Baboom doesn't have a Spirit and that's awfully suspicious given it's high amounts of popularity and the breakout success he's had especially since it's been like a month since Sw/Sh released. What could this mean? Well I'd argue he could very well be a Post-Pass character and even the first Post-Pass character decided upon given Mewtwo's case in last games cycle I think this could ironically enough be paralleling it. Yeah I think Baboom is in and that he is in-fact the first Post-Pass character.

Not only the first post-pass DLC character though I think Post-Pass could easily be reverting back to Smash 4's way of doing things due to how Sakurai phrased him "only going on for a little while longer":

I really get the Smash 4 DLC vibe from that I don't know about you but I at least think Baboom would be a perfect character to kick that off with.
In the end your source is incorrect because View attachment 253724 he wins. He always does. Case Closed and thank you for reading.
remember to secure your SCP-1691 with great care

1576797511686.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Got around to coloring an old sketch some more. Got the shading done too. A bit of clean up work and some highlights and I might use it as an Avi for a bit. I get super paranoid about using/showing my own art because I think it's ****ty, but I think anyone who has even a mild interest in drawing feels that way. Just gotta tough it out and keep at it, bit by bit.

Here's ANOTHER sketch that's even older. It's of the GOAT himself, Mega Man X. I've improved quite a bit because the body's a lot wonkier than what I normally do, though some stuff I did before was also better.

The older versions had blander colors, so I made them pop a bit more. I used an older version as an Avi for a bit. I got a bunch of pencil sketches of other characters like Spider-Man, Gohan, Storm, Spawn and so on that I should re-do digitally. I just need to NOT be lazy during the Holiday Break. We'll see how that goes. Either way, gotta try and get better bit by bit.
That’s some good clothing bro, I gotta try something like that sometime.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I bought a graphic tablet to improve my drawing ability.

The hardest obstacle so far is having to look at the pc screen while my hands are on the tablet.
Now the shackles have been un-done.

I still gotta get a screen I can draw on too someday. We need to show the world our FULL POWER.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I thought that clocking in over 600 hours was a lot for my Switch, only to find out that some people clicked in over 1000 hours, some even over 2000+, like dang, how much time do you guys have?

All in 2019 btw.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Six days til Christmas, almost time for gift giving and for me to eat an unhealthy amount of ham yaaaay.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
In a few more days it'll be the first time I will play Smash ultimate with more than three people since I offered up my Switch to the yearly family christmas party.

My younger relatives only know Mario and Minecraft, so this will probably be hard to explain.

So I thought that clocking in over 600 hours was a lot for my Switch, only to find out that some people clicked in over 1000 hours, some even over 2000+, like dang, how much time do you guys have?

All in 2019 btw.
To quote doctor doof "you'd be surprised how much free time I have"

D

Deleted member

This is definitely something to consider.

It’s just weird if the canon route lacks all the extra details and lore they threw in there. Although realistically the story of crimson flower is probably going to be a big part of the story dlc because they know it will sell. It’s just overall weird that this route exists and is rushed. Makes me wonder what it’s truly there for. Silver Snow is definitely a good contender for canon though. We’ll know eventually I’m sure the more three houses characters get marketed with future stuff for the franchise
like i said, i don't think they ever intended any route to be "canon"- they said that dlc story content won't be set after any one of the routes, and going by the name of it- star-devouring wolf- it's likely going to be set during the time of seiros and nemesis, so it won't have to involve any of the characters that star in any one specific route

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m thinking it’s cannon just because it kinda of lines up.

for example if you at marketing, conquest is the canon story for fates because they advertise the hell out of female corrin and she is always Tied to conquest, make is birthright and then they ignore revelations
I'm sorry what? This has never been the consensis, and it is a huge stretch of logic at best.

Both Corrins were advertised around equally before Fates released, then FemCorn got marketed more afterwards simply because she was more popular.

Besides, there being "canon" endings in games about choice kind of kills the point, don't you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom