• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
A Warner Bros. fighting game is an idea that's slept on. There's of course Looney Tunes and DC, but then you have lots of other franchises you could pull from:
  • Animaniacs
  • Tiny Toon Adventures
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Scribblenauts
  • ThunderCats
  • Xiaolin Showdown
  • Scooby-Doo
  • Tom and Jerry
  • The Flintstones
  • Friends
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Friday the 13th
Plus anything from Cartoon Network.

And WB already has a game studio in the form of NRS to develop the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All the dancing games are canon. It's just two of them take place in dreams and has no real plots. They are basically filler.

And I wouldn't call it ignorance. They just take the games' canon seriously most of the time, seeing how the story is always a selling point in Persona.
If they're so concerned about the lore, then they can use this trick. Hallucinations and or dreams. That will explain how these characters can come back despite being dead. They didn't. One of the characters was just forced into hallucinating them or something.
A Warner Bros. fighting game is an idea that's slept on. There's of course Looney Tunes and DC, but then you have lots of other franchises you could pull from:
  • Animaniacs
  • Tiny Toon Adventures
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Scribblenauts
  • ThunderCats
  • Xiaolin Showdown
  • Scooby-Doo
  • Tom and Jerry
  • The Flintstones
  • Friends
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Friday the 13th
Plus anything from Cartoon Network.

And WB already has a game studio in the form of NRS to develop the game.
I want an NRS developed dedicated Cartoon Network fighter more than anything.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
K.Rool is Donkey Kong character, though. A Mario spin-off without him it's not that weird, considering he was in like, what, one?

Pauline's return is super new so she had less chance to appear in racing games but she still got into Mario Kart Tour so it's safe to say that she'll be playable them in the future as well.
It'd still be pretty cool to see more characters from the DK series appear in future Mario spinoff titles, considering how intertwined both series are. Donkey and Diddy Kong are always mainstays in those types of games, and are essentially Mario characters in their own right. Plus, it be a crime to have an ape as radical and bodacious as Funky Kong appear in literally one Mario spinoff (Mario Kart Wii), and no more after that.

(Plus, I'm an unapologetic K. Rool shill, so more appearances of him would be neat, too).

D

Deleted member

Man, after the game awards was a flop this thread has felt real empty sometimes.

Is this the ghetto thread? Are we ghetto?
I think people are taking what happened with the Game Awards too personally, ngl.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Persona games have such weird continuity sometimes with literally every spin off being canon that i sometimes wonder is games like cross tag battle and Smash are somehow canon to the main games.

Inter dimensional travel is a thing in the lore so it wouldn't be odd for these crossovers to be canon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, after the game awards was a flop this thread has felt real empty sometimes.

Is this the ghetto thread? Are we ghetto?
I just want more info on NMH3 and Bravely II

Travis has gone through a lot of character development in NMH2 despite the cocky attitude and all that, and I wonder how Suda will keep pushing. Wonder how else he'll grow since the whole "Assassins are people, too" character arcs. With the whole galactic federation theme on top, I just wanna see more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally got my hands on the Star Wars lightsabers from Fortnite.

Really fun to use.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It depends if she'll stay with them at the end of the game (which I don't think she will).

Actually, we don't even know if Kasumi's gonna appear in future spin-offs or they'll all follow the vanilla P5's timeline. I hope so (because she's great), but who knows.
i dont even know if they consider Kasumi even canon. She migjt just be another P3 fem MC, not canon at all

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Something that's kinda similar, there are a lot of Dynasty Warrior spinoff games for different franchises.

Dragon Quest, Zelda, Gundam, Berserk, Fire Emblem, One Piece, Fist of the ****ing North Star

PERSONA IS ABOUT TO GET ONE WITH P5 SCRAMBLE

It's crazy how many there are.
I'm still waiting for Xenoblade Warriors to happen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
extremely exhausted
what about you?
I'm doing ok. Hungry though. Might leave work early and start making dinner early. It's already too late for lunch and I'm planning on making a custom Chorizo Tacos recipe. There's this Spanish cookbook called "Clarita's Cocina" and there's a chorizo recipe in there that inspired me to make it. I'll make the chorizo as described in the book, but also mix things up with tortilla shells and cheese and stuff.

Oh, and I'm cutting out bell peppers for the recipe today. They're listed in there, but I had bloating this morning so having peppers in the mix wouldn't be a good idea.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Persona games have such weird continuity sometimes with literally every spin off being canon that i sometimes wonder is games like cross tag battle and Smash are somehow canon to the main games.

Inter dimensional travel is a thing in the lore so it wouldn't be odd for these crossovers to be canon.
we all know Scramble is 100% canon

Not sure if Royal is even considered canon

And if That chick isnt in Scramble then Id say its safe to assune Royal wasnt canon

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
i dont even know if they consider Kasumi even canon. She migjt just be another P3 fem MC, not canon at all
FeMC is canon, though, she's just from a different timeline from most Persona games. Like how first Persona games technically take place in a different timeline.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You guys seen that Sans fellow recently? Must've deleted his account...

The lad was definitely an odd character and tortured us constantly with his lackluster jokes and cringe-inducing puns, but I suppose that he was still an alright bloke...

...Oh, hi Aurane Aurane !

D

Deleted member

I just realized that I kinda look like Clutch Powers IRL with my current hairstyle and I don’t know what to do with this newly found knowledge.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Kinda thinkin' about re-visiting KH3 soon. Still have yet to try Crit Mode and I also still have to unlock Ultima Weapon and the Secret Reports.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kinda thinkin' about re-visiting KH3 soon. Still have yet to try Crit Mode and I also still have to unlock Ultima Weapon and the Secret Reports.
If you plan to get Re:Mind, maybe a revisit of the game would help you get prepared and better at the game by the time the DLC drops.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ll say this until I drop dead. Instead of Xenoblade Warriors, they need to do XenoWarriors. All three Xeno series together in one game. Assuming they can work out the licensing.
xenogear gundams become OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom