• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some that has the word costume next to them are the only ones that has costumes. The alternative ones you see on my list are their own akin to:ultmario:/:ultdoc:and:ultsamus:/:ultzss:given those incarnations have different abilities from others.
You do realize how implausible a fighting game with that large a roster is don't you? You can only really do that if you have a lot of assets to reuse like Smash. The only way a game like what your proposing could exist from scratch is if it spent like, a decade in development, which would cost more then the game would ever make back.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You do realize how implausible a fighting game with that large a roster is don't you? You can only really do that if you have a lot of assets to reuse like Smash. The only way a game like what your proposing could exist from scratch is if it spent like, a decade in development, which would cost more then the game would ever make back.
It's a fan-made game roster of course it's going to be implausibly large.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never said they weren't good, I'm saying we want so many ArcSys-like fighters we might as well make copycat teams to just pump 'em out like crazy to meet all our demands. This wait's killin' me.

I never said anything about P5A.
Sorry. I misread your post.

Honestly, the only other thing from ArcSys besides P5A that I want would be a game that utilizes a more western animation style with their skill of modeling and animation. That would look soooo good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know its impossible but hey let me dream. :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's a fan-made game roster of course it's going to be implausibly large.
Why make it if there is no chance for it to ever be real? I make fan rosters because I want to someday work on these franchises, most of the time (shoot for the stars and you'll land among the clouds, I always say).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 5 Arena would have a great roster if they could just continue from where Ultimax left.

Imagine:
  1. Mitsuru
  2. Aegis
  3. Akihiko
  4. Ken & Koromaru
  5. Yukari
  6. Junpei
  7. Elizabeth
  8. Labrys
  9. Shadow Labrys
  10. Yu
  11. Yosuke
  12. Chie
  13. Yukiko
  14. Teddie
  15. Kanji
  16. Naoto
  17. Rise
  18. Marie
  19. Margaret
  20. Adachi
  21. Sho
  22. Minazuki
  23. Joker
  24. Morgana
  25. Ryuji
  26. Anne
  27. Yusuke
  28. Makoto
  29. Haru
  30. Goro
  31. Kasumi
  32. Caroline & Justine
  33. Just make Theodore playable already
Not sure if Fuuka and Futaba would be playable, but I'd be all for it.

D

Deleted member

If a Godzilla fan made roster has Jet Jaguar, I don't care how many fighters they add to it.

I automatically love it.

This may sound radical for some, but we live in a world wherr Mario Kart has official rosters without Pauline or K.Rool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Something that's kinda similar, there are a lot of Dynasty Warrior spinoff games for different franchises.

Dragon Quest, Zelda, Gundam, Berserk, Fire Emblem, One Piece, Fist of the ****ing North Star

PERSONA IS ABOUT TO GET ONE WITH P5 SCRAMBLE

It's crazy how many there are.

D

Deleted member

Persona 5 Arena would have a great roster if they could just continue from where Ultimax left.

Imagine:
  1. Mitsuru
  2. Aegis
  3. Akihiko
  4. Ken & Koromaru
  5. Yukari
  6. Junpei
  7. Elizabeth
  8. Labrys
  9. Shadow Labrys
  10. Yu
  11. Yosuke
  12. Chie
  13. Yukiko
  14. Teddie
  15. Kanji
  16. Naoto
  17. Rise
  18. Marie
  19. Margaret
  20. Adachi
  21. Sho
  22. Minazuki
  23. Joker
  24. Morgana
  25. Ryuji
  26. Anne
  27. Yusuke
  28. Makoto
  29. Haru
  30. Goro
  31. Kasumi
  32. Caroline & Justine
I would not just buy P5 Arena, but preorder the game too if that was the roster.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Still doesn't make sense to me but whatev.
He's just saying the odds that Michael (or any of us) is going to become a leading decision maker for a Japanese-based company is pretty astronomically small, so it doesn't really matter if fan rosters are feasible or not, as long as people have fun in the creative process.

Granted:
  1. I personally can appreciate wanting to keep a fan roster at a reasonable size, something that feels genuine instead of containing everything and the kitchen sink.
  2. A person could potentially make their own fan game, in which case the roster they come up with would need to be of an achievable size

osby

Smash Obsessed
If a Godzilla fan made roster has Jet Jaguar, I don't care how many fighters they add to it.

I automatically love it.

This may sound radical for some, but we live in a world wherr Mario Kart has official rosters without Pauline or K.Rool.
K.Rool is Donkey Kong character, though. A Mario spin-off without him it's not that weird, considering he was in like, what, one?

Pauline's return is super new so she had less chance to appear in racing games but she still got into Mario Kart Tour so it's safe to say that she'll be playable them in the future as well.

D

Deleted member

K.Rool is Donkey Kong character, though. A Mario spin-off without him it's not that weird, considering he was in like, what, one?

Pauline's return is super new so she had less chance to appear in racing games but she still got into Mario Kart Tour so it's safe to say that she'll be playable them in the future as well.
Hopefully you are right about Pauline appearing in future Mario Kart titles.

Because good lord Tour was the biggest dissapointment of the year for me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Imagine:
  1. Mitsuru
  2. Aegis
  3. Akihiko
  4. Ken & Koromaru
  5. Yukari
  6. Junpei
  7. Elizabeth
  8. Labrys
  9. Shadow Labrys
  10. Yu
  11. Yosuke
  12. Chie
  13. Yukiko
  14. Teddie
  15. Kanji
  16. Naoto
  17. Rise
  18. Marie
  19. Margaret
  20. Adachi
  21. Sho
  22. Minazuki
  23. Joker
  24. Morgana
  25. Ryuji
  26. Anne
  27. Yusuke
  28. Makoto
  29. Haru
  30. Goro
  31. Kasumi
  32. Caroline & Justine
Would Sophia be added to the roster? Since she's the newest member of P5's group in scramble.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Would Sophia be added to the roster? Since she's the newest member of P5's group in scramble.
It depends if she'll stay with them at the end of the game (which I don't think she will).

Actually, we don't even know if Kasumi's gonna appear in future spin-offs or they'll all follow the vanilla P5's timeline. I hope so (because she's great), but who knows.

D

Deleted member

It depends if she'll stay with them at the end of the game (which I don't think she will).

Actually, we don't even know if Kasumi's gonna appear in future spin-offs or they'll all follow the vanilla P5's timeline. I hope so (because she's great), but who knows.
I suppose it makes sense to add stuff from P5 R in future spin offs as a game that expands the main plot and world of the original game.

I could at least see Kasumi being added as DLC in Scramble knowing Koei Tecmo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would say yes unless she dies at the end of the game.
Trailers implied that Sophia comes from multiple people's hearts or the Sea of Soul in general, so I think she'll simply return to there at the game's end, instead of outright dying.

Or they'll just pull a Morgana.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Trailers implied that Sophia comes from multiple people's hearts or the Sea of Soul in general, so I think she'll simply return to there at the game's end, instead of outright dying.

Or they'll just pull a Morgana.
So.... it would be possible for her to come back for Arena? I mean, if she just returns to the seas of souls, then she could always come back.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hypothetically any fighting game can be a dream come true.

I have ideas for both Fire Emblem and YGO themed fighting games with unique mechanics but I know damn well those will never come to see the light of day. Unless I become fluent in katakana and hiragana and study in Game Design and somehow make a smash hit indie game to become notable or something.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So.... it would be possible for her to come back for Arena? I mean, if she just returns to the seas of souls, then she could always come back.
It's pure speculation on my part, but:

We know that someone other than Phantom Thieves are stealing the hearts of people and Sophia emerged from a bizarre container (which is also her Persona). My guess is she's some sort of vessel or collection of stolen human psyches and she needs to go if they want to put things in place.

That's just a theory, of course. If she's a goddess like Marie or something else entirely, she can appear in the future. Though, they'll probably refrain from making her an important character to not lock people out of continuity.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's pure speculation on my part, but:

We know that someone other than Phantom Thieves are stealing the hearts of people and Sophia emerged from a bizarre container (which is also her Persona). My guess is she's some sort of vessel or collection of stolen human psyches and she needs to go if they want to put things in place.

That's just a theory, of course. If she's a goddess like Marie or something else entirely, she can appear in the future. Though, they'll probably refrain from making her an important character to not lock people out of continuity.
Or just make her a non-cannon DLC character.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hypothetically any fighting game can be a dream come true.

I have ideas for both Fire Emblem and YGO themed fighting games with unique mechanics but I know damn well those will never come to see the light of day. Unless I become fluent in katakana and hiragana and study in Game Design and somehow make a smash hit indie game to become notable or something.
I wanna see a Fire emblem fighting game made by ark. That would be cool.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We are just talking about Scramble.

Royal is still super new, I wouldn't post spoilers of it on general thread.
I would argure Scramble spoilers are more important to avoid seeing as that's an actual sequel to P5

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We are just talking about Scramble.

Royal is still super new, I wouldn't post spoilers of it on general thread.

I don't think P-Studio knows what's a non-canon DLC is.
They know what a non-canon dancing game is (if I remember correctly, only one or two of them is cannon and the P5 one isn't). And if not, then ArcSys can explain it to them.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would secure Scramble spoilers are more important to avoid seeing as that's an actual sequel to P5
Yeah, but it's not like anyone has Scramble spoilers yet.

I'm just predicting story stuff from what they revealed about the game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They know what a non-canon dancing game is (if I remember correctly, only one or two of them is cannon and the P5 one isn't). And if not, then ArcSys can explain it to them.

Ignorance is not an excuse.
All the dancing games are canon. It's just two of them take place in dreams and has no real plots. They are basically filler.

And I wouldn't call it ignorance. They just take the games' canon seriously most of the time, seeing how the story is always a selling point in Persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom