• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I myself assumed Terry wouldn't be here until at least next week. With Luigi's Mansion 3 out this week, having Terry come out literally right after that seems like a bad move.

I'd say next week makes a lot more sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I myself assumed Terry wouldn't be here until at least next week. With Luigi's Mansion 3 out this week, having Terry come out literally right after that seems like a bad move.

Yeah, release him in the down time between green man’s horror home and pocket monsters: protecc and atacc.

Makes sense to me.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Watch us not get Terry until after Pokémon releases just to mess with all of us.

D

Deleted member

For the curious, the theme is anime sword fighters.

...I think.
welp looks like they’re hinting the next swordfighter lol
which will be Lloyd a.k.a your 2nd bamco rep

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Continuing off that favorite franchises question, if you could create any type of official project for your favorite franchises (a new show, game, movie, etc.) what would you create? Some of my own ideas include:

-Animated series for Pac-Man, Shantae, Harry Potter, Archie, Erma, etc.
-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
-Smash style Pokemon fighting game

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Continuing off that favorite franchises question, if you could create any type of official project for your favorite franchises (a new show, game, movie, etc.) what would you create? Some of my own ideas include:

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
A 3D Yoshi game :yoshi:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
I’d be down for animated Harry Potter
New pac man world
Scooby doo night of 100 frights needs a remake, battle for bikini bottom is getting one so why not.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
-Legend of Zelda film produced by Disney Animation
-Smash style Disney fighting game
-A legitimately good Star Wars fighting game that isn't Masters of Teräs Käsi

Noipoi

Howdy!

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
Open world HTTYD game
Splatoon cartoon
Donkey Kong movie (that’d kinda tie in to the Mario movie, this starting the Nintendo cinematic universe)
Another proper Banjo Kazooie
Another proper Paper Mario
Clone High season 2
a follow up to ATLA that’s actually good

Graizen

Smash Champion
My friend turb0k made an image showing the size of Agumon's evolutions in Smash Bros.
Do you agree?

silouette.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hero was released not long after Three Houses; I don't think we have to worry about Terry being close to Luigi's Mansion or Pokémon.
Fire Emblem is not Pokemon. And King of Fighters is not Dragon Quest. Pokemon is the most popular media franchise in the world and Terry doesn't even make the list. Of course Pokemon is going to distract people from Terry. I'm getting tired of pointing it out.

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
-Banjo-KazooThree
-PlayStation All-Stars 2
-Injustice vs. Mortal Kombat and/or Mortal Kombat x Killer Instinct
-A tv show that takes beloved cartoon network characters, ages them up, and puts them together on a superhero team
-A proper Ben 10 video game that gives the franchise the same love and fan-service that teams like NRS give to DC Comics and their various guest characters
-A Nicktoons fighting game with the same aforementioned love, care, and fan service.
-A game where Dante and Bayonetta meet. And then they ****. And then they split custody of the child.
-A proper Spyro and Crash Bandicoot crossover game
-LEGO Dimensions 2

R O F L

Smash Ace

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
A Sonic-mania styled Donkey Kong Country game would be neat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm. If vampires can’t cross running water.... how does that work with plumbing in the ground? Like, there’s running water under our feet at all times thanks to subterranean pipes. So can vampires just.... not exist in cities? Probably why that rule gets ignored in modern vampire stories.
My friend turb0k made an image showing the size of Agumon's evolutions in Smash Bros.
Do you agree?

View attachment 243868
My only problem with this is that, if I remember correctly, WarGreymon is smaller than MetalGreymon.
A Sonic-mania styled Donkey Kong Country game would be neat.
What? You mean with outdated and ugly graphics?

Fight me. I think that if Sonic Mania was gonna do sprites it should have done clean 2D animated ones. Not necessarily Cuphead teir, but something closer too... DuckTales Remastered or the newer Shantae games.

And as a fan of Donkey Kong Country, the graphics in those games have aged really badly.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hmmm. If vampires can’t cross running water.... how does that work with plumbing in the ground? Like, there’s running water under our feet at all times thanks to subterranean pipes. So can vampires just.... not exist in cities? Probably why that rule gets ignored in modern vampire stories.
Vampire rules in general are horrible.
Like, why is a Vampire weak to WOLFSBANE?
Shouldn't that be for Werewolves?!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
How about we share what franchises were into (Not counting Super Smash Bros. obviously).

For me I'm into Godzilla (And kaiju as a whole including Gamera and King Kong), The Angry Beavers, Fast and the Furious, God of War, Mortal Kombat, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman, Super Mario Bros. and My Hero Academia being notably among those.
One Piece, Kirby, Pokémon, Regular Show, Tangled, Big City Greens, Total Drama, Toy Story, Scribblenauts, Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't think all of the various rules placed on vampires in countless stories were meant to stack on top of each other. That's why it's necessary for writers to establish their own rules regarding vampires as long as they stick to it. If you want your vampires to only be weakened by sunlight and not outright killed (much like the original Dracula lol) then go ahead :yoshi:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The definition of insanity is going to fight the same boss that you're clearly underleveled for over and over again and expecting your party to not be wiped out in 5 turns.
Me when I went up against Ultra Necrozma the first time.

Only my Magnezone survived a single shot.

I then decided to go all in on using it to Toxic the beast and take it out.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

-New Mario Kart game
-New Paper Mario game
-New Sonic fighting game
I thought of ideas for a Scribblenauts cartoon some weeks ago. It'd be an imaginative, fun series that could maybe pull its viewers into the franchise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think all of the various rules placed on vampires in countless stories were meant to stack on top of each other. That's why it's necessary for writers to establish their own rules regarding vampires as long as they stick to it. If you want your vampires to only be weakened by sunlight and not outright killed (much like the original Dracula lol) then go ahead :yoshi:
Well to be fair. When the rules were created they weren’t all that ridiculous when stacked together. They didn’t have plumbing when Dracula was written.

Designing my vampire game is gonna be its own special challenge because of that tbh.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Designing my vampire game is gonna be its own special challenge because of that tbh.
Just remember, you have to abide to ALL the weaknesses!
Water? Bye Bye Vampire!
Not being invited? Game Over!
Needing to count Rice? Yep it’s a weakness.

I think there was a video on the weaknesses of vampires. Be warned though, language (its by the person behind Angry Video Game Nerd).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Water? Bye Bye Vampire!

I think there was a video on the weaknesses of vampires. Be warned though, language (its by the person behind Angry Video Game Nerd).
You can’t enter the final bosses lair unless you’re invited.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well to be fair. When the rules were created they weren’t all that ridiculous when stacked together. They didn’t have plumbing when Dracula was written.

1. Plumbing existed in Central Europe 1897 where the original took place

2. That wasn't one of Dracula's weaknesses

:yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Water? Bye Bye Vampire!

I figured that, since the game is a linear hack n slash, rivers and water features could be used as ways of gating and funneling the player.

Once a vampire has been invited in once, they are forever allowed access to said location. And since my main character used to be a member of Dracula’s guard, she’d already been invited into most of the places she ends up raiding. I do have a mechanic though where she gets invited into inns to rest during the day and you can seduce inn patrons and end up draining them to gain extra XP. As a sendup of god of war’s infamous..... mini-games.

Counting rice....... it’s dumb. I ignore is by virtue of just not placing the characters in scenarios where that would happen.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I figured that, since the game is a linear hack n slash, rivers and water features could be used as ways of gating and funneling the player.

Once a vampire has been invited in once, they are forever allowed access to said location. And since my main character used to be a member of Dracula’s guard, she’d already been invited into most of the places she ends up raiding. I do have a mechanic though where she gets invited into inns to rest during the day and you can seduce inn patrons and end up draining them to gain extra XP. As a sendup of god of war’s infamous..... mini-games.

Counting rice....... it’s dumb. I ignore is by virtue of just not placing the characters in scenarios where that would happen.
Fair but I still expect a few of the other crazy weaknesses to show up.
Like Roses and Garlic(Yes those are weaknesses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom