• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Fusion, ha? More like Fusion, ho no...

(Know Your Meme has blown up with all the Nina fanart, the sick monsters.)

D

Deleted member

I got nothing to do so let me ask a question that's been on my mind for a while.
If you could name any specific movie, console, game, etc as the absolute worst one of all time, which would it be?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I got nothing to do so let me ask a question that's been on my mind for a while.
If you could name any specific movie, console, game, etc as the absolute worst one of all time, which would it be?
As a dragon ball fan, dragon ball evolution was just offensive. So for worst movie I’ll just throw that out there.

D

Deleted member

I've seen a lot of the worst stuff life had to offer and I just cannot pick one.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If readable media is on the table, I’d have to say Frank Miller’s Holy Terror and the Fifty Shades series as I cannot find anything redeemable about either and they go against everything I stand for.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Worst movie? That's a toughie tbh for me. There's quite a few.

I will say though I will forever hate Ice Ages 4 & 5 in high regard for what Blue **** Studios degraded the franchise into.

Not too certain on consoles. Games though it'd be DnC: Devil Not Cry that starred an impersonator known as Don'te/DINO (Dante In Name Only).

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Emoji Movie

It goes to show how idiotic we as a species have become when we live in a world where something as mechanically engineered and lowest denominator-appealing as a movie centered around those little smiley faces on your phone, is even a thing in the first place, and given a major theatrical release by a big name studio and actually ends up turning a profit in the end.

still baffles me this is the same production company that would give us Spiderverse only a year and a half later.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Emoji movie

It goes to show how idiotic we as a species has gotten when something as mechanically engineered and the lowest denominator-apealing as a movie centered around those little smiley face face on your phone is given a a major theatrical release by a big name studio and actually ends up turning a profit in the end.

still baffles me this is the same production company that would give us Spiderverse only a year and a half later.
That movie was so bad I had to stop in 5 minutes and had I continued I probably would had stabbed a fork into my eye. I didn't even think it was possible that a film could cause physical pain and render one braindead which that steaming pile of hot garbage did.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That movie was so bad I had to stop in 5 minutes and had I continued I probably would had stabbed a fork into my eye. I didn't even think it was possible that a film could cause physical pain and render one braindead which that steaming pile of hot garbage did.
I managed to sit to through the entire thing by some miracle.

Oh boy, do I regret that decision

It was one of the very few films where felt legitimately angry after watching it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another worst film I've seen was The Predator (2018). As far as I'm concerned that was not a Predator movie but an parody and makes ******* Alien: Covenant look like a damn masterpiece in comparison.

-Insults people with autism (Among those being me since I have it) with the Yautja trying to weaponize it as the next step in evolution.
-You know the movie is bad when they have the Predator of all things use a severed guys arm with a thumbs up and stick it through a window telling the driver everything is okay.
-A father using normal mail packaging that contains advanced alien technology and shipping it to his house where his son is. Nothing can possibility go wrong there!
-Have a kid accidentally kill a guy at his house with a Predator mask and brush it off like nothing and not horrified he just killed someone.
-Have forced cringey humor like "******* an aardvark". Before you point it out Predator and Predator 2 had levity, that's the difference. Not cringey humor like what was shown in this parody as I would call it.
-Ignoring what made the Yautja unique to begin with being hunters with strict codes to suddenly deciding to take over the earth as soon as humanity dies due to global warming.
-Ending with Go-Go Predator Rangers!

Whoever directed and wrote the script to this movie are idiots and didn't watch the films...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Without going into more detail another list of films I consider the worst.

-Alien 3
-Alien: Covenant
-Justice League
-Slender Man
-The Bye Bye Man

D

Deleted member

Emoji Movie

It goes to show how idiotic we as a species have become when we live in a world where something as mechanically engineered and lowest denominator-appealing as a movie centered around those little smiley faces on your phone, is even a thing in the first place, and given a a major theatrical release by a big name studio and actually ends up turning a profit in the end.

The Emoji Movie was at the very least, somewhat funny at times(or at least to my sense of humor) but I definitely agree.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nothing can obviously top this however. Makes The Emoji Movie look like a damn masterpiece.

Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa

Luckily its only 40 minutes long but even then it'd be a miracle to last 5 minutes without your eyes bleeding from abomination that's the animation alone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's a shame, but it is important to take care of daily priorities.
More like it's important to pump thousands of dollars into a multi-million dollar industry that doesn't care about you or your health all just to get a shiny piece of paper which says you're smart so that people will be more inclined to hire you, even for ****ing minimum wage jobs where it shouldn't matter.

D

Deleted member

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES, you know the AVGN review of it? It falls short of the awfulness and how awful the mechanics are.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another worst film I've seen was The Predator (2018). As far as I'm concerned that was not a Predator movie but an parody and makes ******* Alien: Covenant look like a damn masterpiece in comparison.

-Insults people with autism (Among those being me since I have it) with the Yautja trying to weaponize it as the next step in evolution.
-You know the movie is bad when they have the Predator of all things use a severed guys arm with a thumbs up and stick it through a window telling the driver everything is okay.
-A father using normal mail packaging that contains advanced alien technology and shipping it to his house where his son is. Nothing can possibility go wrong there!
-Have a kid accidentally kill a guy at his house with a Predator mask and brush it off like nothing and not horrified he just killed someone.
-Have forced cringey humor like "******* an aardvark". Before you point it out Predator and Predator 2 had levity, that's the difference. Not cringey humor like what was shown in this parody as I would call it.
-Ignoring what made the Yautja unique to begin with being hunters with strict codes to suddenly deciding to take over the earth as soon as humanity dies due to global warming.
-Ending with Go-Go Predator Rangers!

Whoever directed and wrote the script to this movie are idiots and didn't watch the films...
We get it. You hate humor and want everything to be grimdark and serious. No need to keep rambling about it.

Take it from me, sometimes you just have to take the hint and stop bringing it up.

D

Deleted member

We get it. You hate humor and want everything to be grimdark and serious. No need to keep rambling about it.

Take it from me, sometimes you just have to take the hint and stop bringing it up.
Wait he does? I wasen't really getting that vibe from him, but okay...

flashback to when I said the same thing about your hatred of nintendo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I don't hate humor though. Only when it fits or is necessary in movies. There's plenty of comedy movies I enjoy for one. Should had been more clear with that section I posted on my comment.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hard for me to name the worst movie out there. I've found many steaming piles of garbage covered by Saberspark, and some of them just don't look complete at all.

Ohoo, *incomprehensible gibberish* CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

When Halloween comes, then we'll start with cursed material.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still an idiot that thought Predators weaponizing autism as the next step in evolution was a good idea to begin with...-_-
Ok. I looked it up for context, and even with context that doesn't make sense. I'm on the spectrum too so I know what it's like and it hurts me more than helps me. Like, you'd only come up with that idea if you had no idea how autism worked.
I don't hate humor though. Only when it fits or is necessary in movies. There's plenty of comedy movies I enjoy for one. Should had been more clear with that section I posted on my comment.
I understand that point of view. But you have a much narrower idea of when it does and doesn't fit than most people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom