• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Are you actually listening to anything I’m saying? Because you seem to be ignoring my points.
is it really that big of a deal, honestly?

Sure, Fighting games are cool and all, but throwing more games into the mix will only hurt the genre, not help(let alone the fact that Smash has a monopoly anyway, so it would be pointless to try until after Ultimate's inevitable demise)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

....I mean, if the human race is still around without the threat of invading aliens, a robotic revolution that would wipe out organic life, or even an incoming meteorite that'll crash into the planet...​
Assuming there will even be multiple competing console manufacturers at that point.

D

Deleted member

Assuming there will even be multiple competing console manufacturers at that point.
The year is 2078
Sega, having re-entered the hardware business in 2021, has sold over 5 billion units of the Dreamcast 9. Nintendo and Microsoft have long since been pushed out, and Sony has barely sold over 100 Playstation 9s.
All hail our new Sega overlords

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So far no leaks yet. Usually we see a leak a week before a direct. So I'm guessing Thursday at the earliest, assuming the Smash direct or whatever direct it is, is on the 6th.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

....I mean, if the human race is still around without the threat of invading aliens, a robotic revolution that would wipe out organic life, or even an incoming meteorite that'll crash into the planet...​
Please. You're not giving the human race enough credit. We don't need any of those third party catastrophes. We're already killing the planet.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nintendo will be a Sony subsidiary by then in charge of handheld console manufacturing and development.
imagine acquiring Nintendo just for them to develop hardware instead of making first party software.

It'd be the equivalent of buying the Coca-Cola Company soley because you see potential in Powerade, which sure, it's a lucrative product, but it's nowhere near the levels of the Coke they are most famous for

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

imagine acquiring Nintendo just for them to develop hardware instead of making first party software.

It'd be the equivalent of buying the Coca-Cola Company soley because you see potential in Powerade, which sure, it's a lucrative product, but it's nowhere near the levels of the Coke they are most famous for
Sony in the future took a huge turn in bizarre business practices. They also bought Disney because they wanted to put Goofy in Smash. True facts.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Adding in development was meant to imply that they were also making games for it. Could have written that better I guess.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
p5 royal's graphical improvements are most clearly reflected in one central area

joker's hair

1572386468250.png

look at that high definition fluff

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
One of my pals made a character, and I tried giving him a voice.
B804D89A-5D3D-438C-B90B-03781B17A544.jpeg
Thing is the character is Brazilian and my Brazilian accent is terrible.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also watching P5R on twitch and

this dude is so ****ing obviously evil with his creepy synth theme song that it's almost a joke

1572386934855.png

D

Deleted member

One of my pals made a character, and I tried giving him a voice.
Thing is the character is Brazilian and my Brazilian accent is terrible.
if you don't *ahem* mind me asking, what's the premise of the character/game?
Also that art reminds me of some things that I don't think I should say.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back from finishing watching The Ritual. Movie still holds up. Definitely knows how to do suspense, jump scares and scares but most of all smart characters who makes smart decisions.

I'm still telling you all. Any of you that has NetFlix definitely need to give this film a watch. The creatures design alone warrants a watch.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
if you don't *ahem* mind me asking, what's the premise of the character/game?
Also that art reminds me of some things that I don't think I should say.
It’s supposed to be based off of a werewolf. pretty sure this was just supposed to be a thing for Halloween. Not exactly sure what else you could pick up from that.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man. If Sombra had Skye's Wristbow instead of that SMG, I would like her so much more. I really love her kit, but that SMG sucks.

Cool skin though. Good stop for now and take a break.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol

What is with Nick recently?

They stole art yet again. This time it was a Halloween Mao Mao from Cartoon Network's special halloween bumper.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
....I mean, if the human race is still around without the threat of invading aliens, a robotic revolution that would wipe out organic life, or even an incoming meteorite that'll crash into the planet...
Or more realistically an pandemic (Like the Black Plague), effects of global warming, WWIII, nuclear war, etc. You get it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
would Nintendo even still be around at that time?
I'd be more worried about Sony being around that long to be honest.

Their only reliable source of revenue is Playstation. Well, that and the Spider-man movies which is why they're holding onto that property for dear life.

Edit: they also have a tendency to sink their profits from Playstation into other products around the company which is why Sony is almost never financially sound.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s supposed to be based off of a werewolf. pretty sure this was just supposed to be a thing for Halloween. Not exactly sure what else you could pick up from that.
Let's just say I kinda like anthro character designs, and leave it at that.

(i'm not actually sure if what i'm referring to is okay to mention or not, but I'll err on the side of caution anyway. There is definitely some 18+ stuff in this "community" I guess you could say.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hasn't Persona 4 taught you to never judge a book my its cover, Panda?
me: there's no way this character can be this obvious
p5r:
totally not evil guy with evil synth music in a game where the thieves' wishes are being fulfilled: WHAT IS YOUR DEAREST WISH MS. TAKAMAKI???

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Let's just say I kinda like anthro character designs, and leave it at that.

(i'm not actually sure if what i'm referring to is okay to mention or not, but I'll err on the side of caution anyway)
It isn't some sort of furry fetish thing, if that is what you are referring to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

me: there's no way this character can be this obvious
p5r:
totally not evil guy with evil synth music in a game where the thieves' wishes are being fulfilled: WHAT IS YOUR DEAREST WISH MS. TAKAMAKI???
Okay yeah, he's evil. Shoot him in the head, Goro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom