• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sakurai should just add a character from a series that never has and never will exist, but act like it does, - give it a stage, a song list and anything else that makes it seem like a series with a massive legacy, all while the internet scrambles over itself to find evidence that the series is real

The litteralist of whos
If you read this post, Mashpotato Samurai, contact me or my uncle, I can give you the perfect character for that.

I already have all the LORE ready.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 243816

Well, ya see, about that...
A character is popular because people like them, or became curious of them after all the talk about them even if it's because of a "leak", not because people take a 180 degree turn from "nah they're bad" to "they're so cool!" because they want to be right (which is some people tbh but it seems like a very small minority with some trolls); sometimes people forget about even their favorite characters in the context of Smash and then remember, or finally put 2-and-2 together after a "leak" makes them relevant and makes the persons' minds go "ding!" The reason some characters' discussions die out after a rumor dies is because there's really nothing else to talk about, or the majority of the discussion is elsewhere (or fans are silent) so people who stay here aren't gonna see it.

Of course there's also the matter of people clinging to a "leak" - which is understandable 'cause of bias, though they should take it being fake into consideration - but I'm talkin' about character popularity here. It's not like "leaks" brainwash people, if it's not obvious enough due to how some characters' fans say "c'mon it's gotta be real" or "please be real" while other fans of the same character have doubts, and then of course all of the people who say "it's fake" or are completely negative about everything.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well **** my computer fell down and now it isn’t working. Looks like the power cord is messed up as it keeps resetting. I have warranty so hopefully that covers it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
looks like your computer fell and it couldnt get back up
Wow, a meme so old I think the Vatican has it on display. Haven't heard that one in a while
Yo you guys this is great!
Wonder if they'll be working on a new look for Samus or if they'll be working on Federation armor.
I love this! It's really cute!
Holy crap, they really do sound like Galaga. Wonder if that's where NAmco got the inspiration.

D

Deleted member

Holy crap, they really do sound like Galaga. Wonder if that's where NAmco got the inspiration.
Knowing a bit about game design leads me to believe this is actually where the sound came from.
It had to come from a non-digital source somewhere, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You guys picking up Super Sonic Ball: Ring Blitz on Switch?

Because I know that if I do, Sonic is the only character that I'm ever going to use.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So do you Terry will have a Garou: Mark of the Wolves alternate costume in Smash?

View attachment 243840
Hard to say; it would make a lot of sense, and it's a popular costume for him, but on the other hand, he has an animation that involves adjusting his hat, which would be hard to reconcile with that costume. Joker has an animation where he pulls on his gloves, which he doesn't have in his alternate costume, but that could be seen as adjusting his sleeves or something like that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hard to say; it would make a lot of sense, and it's a popular costume for him, but on the other hand, he has an animation that involves adjusting his hat, which would be hard to reconcile with that costume. Joker has an animation where he pulls on his gloves, which he doesn't have in his alternate costume, but that could be seen as adjusting his sleeves or something like that.
I see people pretend to tip hats and things like that all the time. It still works.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Companies have a bad habit of dropping all but their most popular of a genre.

Epic dropped development on Unreal Tournament to focus on Fortnite, Intelligent Systems dropped their "Wars" line of games to focus on Fire Emblem and Capcom hasn't touched Rival Schools or Darkstalkers in eons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom