• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just hit November 20th in Persona 5. I guess I'm about to get railroaded to the end of the game... right?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
what, you worried the game gained sentience or something?
oh is not that. is just I wasnt expecting the game to 4th wall break so suddenly. every so often, characters will ask if you are eating properly ( thats a Korean thing apparently) but then they will also beat the wall and reference the game they are in

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes, enjoy the "gran finale"

or at least, the finale until Persona 5 Royal releases, and this game is made outdated.
Is it... is it bad?

Like, is it that boring? Is there anything I really have to look forward to? Or am I just going to be sitting through conversations for the rest of these months..?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is it... is it bad?

Like, is it that boring? Is there anything I really have to look forward to? Or am I just going to be sitting through conversations for the rest of these months..?
Uh no, it's perfectly fine. You get to beat up a big boss, fight in some cool scenery, and pay-off all those confidants you've been building up. As far as JRPGs go, it's by no means bad.

I'm just saying "gran finale" because the Atlus rereleases always come with a new "true" ending that invalidates the original, so while it is the gran finale now, in a bit of time, it's going to be the "standard" ending as compared to the "golden" one.

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness though, I don't see how Doomguy could make it in before Master Chief. Halo is far more iconic and well-known, and Microsoft is already in good terms with Sakurai due to Banjo. Plus Doom is too gory and violent. Sure he could be toned down, but at that point it wouldn't even be the same character. I feel like Doomguy is only more popular within the Smash community right now due to leaks and bandwagoners. I never saw this much support for the character before.
Doom is the grandaddy of FPS and Iconic and has a new game coming out, they toned down :ultbayonetta::ultjoker: also he can still fight without the gore, he was popular before leaks

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So far, my playthrough of Maddening Black Eagles isn't as maddening as I thought it would be. The only challenge that gave me hella difficulty was the fight in Castle Gaspard, since the fog ****ed all my **** up on visibility. Other than that, not many things were that difficult, it just takes longer. Turn counts are usually on the double digits if it's not a random battle to train my units.

I wasn't really going to recruit anyone outside of Lysithea and Ingrid, since this game is going to be a lot shorter and I'll need all the exclusivity I can get, but I need Lorenz for Thyrsus. God knows I'll need it.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
240px-Sirocco_full_length_portrait.jpg

(Thicc green boi, also can't fly.)
Anyone heard of these birds?
If not they are called "Kakapo" and there are not many left in the wild. Native to New Zealand.
Reminds me of Dedede cause both are very fat, except Dedede's a penguin.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
*Sasuke trending on twitter*

What did he do this time?

*checks*

Umm.....nothing? Other than him joining Boruto on a travel to the past, standing beside Jiraiya, getting scolded by kid Naruto and wearing what looks like a fedora? Why is he trending when it looks like he did nothing wrong for once?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 243823
(Thicc green boi, also can't fly.)
Anyone heard of these birds?
If not they are called "Kakapo" and there are not many left in the wild. Native to New Zealand.
Reminds me of Dedede cause both are very fat, except Dedede's a penguin.
Somewhere... somehow...

There's one poor soul out there who has a "Kapako-sona" :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's not too complex.

1. Because competition is good. If we didn't have the other console makers, they could easily justify making systems as expensive as the PS3 and 3DO again. As we wouldn't have other options. Economics 101.

2. Following that point, it helps to have these companies to one-up each other in terms of features, which they might not have done otherwise with a lack of opponents to try and dab on.

3. This obviously ONLY applies to Multiplatform titles, Each console still has their exclusive titles. Halo for Microsoft, God of War for Playstation, Zelda for Nintendo ect ect.
Why can’t it be like DVDs then? Multiple companies make competing hardware, but they all have a universal set of hardware in them so they can all play all the same games. There aren’t DVDs that can only play on certain brands of players. And if a company tried to pull that people would be rightfully upset.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Kinda sucks that candy shop down the street closed down a few years ago, they had the good **** and the only other place in walking distance that sells candy is the gas station and the only reason anyone goes there is for drinks and lottery tickets

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kinda sucks that candy shop down the street closed down a few years ago, they had the good **** and the only other place in walking distance that sells candy is the gas station and the only reason anyone goes there is for drinks and lottery tickets
i swear, candy shops are the only place i know that sell those fruit flavored toostie rolls

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the fact that overwatch 2 genji is wearing a hoodie and sweatpants implies that overwatch 1 genji is naked and i did not need to know this

1572345128891.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gooooood mooorninnng everyone!

What a day to start off. Feeding my dogs, taking them out to the bathroom and seeing the Big Dipper in the sky.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Inappropriate content
When I'm in the shower and put my butt up against the glass:

mod edit: content removed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As the year comes close to an end eventually sometime in early January I'll be making a poll of Best cinematic villain of 2019 with the poll being these choices.

Brixton Lore (Hobbs and Shaw)
Chucky (Child's Play)
Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World)
Joker (Joker)
King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
Mysterio (Spider-Man: Far From Home)
Palpatine (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker)
Pennywise (It: Chapter Two)
Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part)
Scar (The Lion King)
Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)
Other

You already know who mine is and obviously Noipoi's too. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As the year comes close to an end eventually sometime in early January I'll be making a poll of Best cinematic villain of 2019 with the poll being these choices.

Brixton Lore (Hobbs and Shaw)
Chucky (Child's Play)
Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World)
Joker (Joker)
King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
Mysterio (Spider-Man: Far From Home)
Palpatine (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker)
Pennywise (It: Chapter Two)
Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part)
Scar (The Lion King)
Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)
Other

You already know who mine is and obviously Noipoi's too. :p
Rex Dangervest, no question.

Thanos is cool and all, but the amount of build up he had meant it was fairly obvious he was the antagonist. The whole "Rex is Emment, but from the future that isn't actually the same future" plot twist was so well done, it actually caught me off guard a bit.
(the joke they made about it as well was super funny, as is tradition with the lego movies so far)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That reminds me that I still need to watch this.

Without spoilers, is it as good as the first one?
In my opinion no. You might have a different one based on taste in movies but it was probably my most disappointed film this year.

I'd recommend you just go watch Joker instead in terms of evil clowns.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Undertale is a really great game, ngl.
just be really wary of spoilers, IMO.
because of the games linearity, even the smallest amount of spoilers can give away entire sections of the game.

How far are you in right now?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd recommend you just go watch Joker instead in terms of evil clowns.
I did. Hated it.

Joaquin Phoenix deserves all the credit he gets, but I think the script was too similar to Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy and lacked consistency in how it approached its own themes. I'm also not a fan of "guy turns to villain because world sucks" plots, but that's purely subjective on my part.

Still, guess we'll have to disagree on this one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I did. Hated it.

Joaquin Phoenix deserves all the credit he gets, but I think the script was too similar to Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy and lacked consistency in how it approached its own themes. I'm also not a fan of "guy turns to villain because world sucks" plots, but that's purely subjective on my part.

Still, guess we'll have to disagree on this one.
Ah didn't know then.

Guess we're the opposite in terms of Joker and It: Chapter Two. With the latter while I did like the first part of IT. The second part in comparison all I can say felt more like an comedy then a horror.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom