• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So since I brought it up, the guest characters I want in my Sonic fighting game so far
Definitely:
  • NiGHTS
  • Joker
  • Mega Man
  • Segata Sanshiro
Considering:
  • Pac-Man
  • Akira Yuki
Feel free to throw in any suggestions if you want. The only one I’m not doing is Mario since I don’t see it being Switch exclusive and I’m not the biggest fan of console exclusive content.
Arle
Amitie
Ringo
Alis
Nei/ Rika
Wren/Demi
RAcast/caseal
NiGHTs
Reala
Kapu Kapu
Opa Opa
Shou/ Tillis
Gunstar Red/Blue
Samba
Beat
Ristar
Ulala
AiAi
Misheala
Slade
May
Ryo
Squad 7
Selvaria
Sakura
Erica
Gemini
Asha
Vyse
Alex Kidd/ Stella
Hotsuma
OutRun Flagman
Hornet Car
Gillius
Death Adder
Mushiking
Blaze Fielding
Skate
Kiryu
Majima
Solo Wing
Vectorman

:shades::shades::shades:
There you go bro

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Arle
Amitie
Ringo
Alis
Nei/ Rika
Wren/Demi
RAcast/caseal
NiGHTs
Reala
Kapu Kapu
Opa Opa
Shou/ Tillis
Gunstar Red/Blue
Samba
Beat
Ristar
Ulala
AiAi
Misheala
Slade
May
Ryo
Squad 7
Selvaria
Sakura
Erica
Gemini
Asha
Vyse
Alex Kidd/ Stella
Hotsuma
OutRun Flagman
Hornet Car
Gillius
Death Adder
Mushiking
Blaze Fielding
Skate
Kiryu
Majima
Solo Wing
Vectorman

:shades::shades::shades:
There you go bro
JEE-ZUS, I don’t think I even have this many Sonic characters in my roster.

D

Deleted member

Dragons can be gods bro.
well yeah, but tell that to the amount of cards with deity in em in this obscure card game!

Deity Gargantua Dragon(Link)
Perfected Deity of Eon, The Endruler Dragon(Link)
Armordeity, Dynamis(Link)
Duel Sieger, "Tempest Enforcer"(Link)
Demonic Demise Dragon, Azi Dahaka(Link)
Super Sun Dragon, Balle Soleil(Link)

and that's literally just scratching the surface, I can think of easily 5-10 more in a couple minutes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also want to clarify that when I said I didn’t like console exclusives. I meant console exclusive content on multiplatform games, mainly when there’s like something exclusive to each version of the game like with Soulcalibur II putting Link, Heihachi and Spawn in different versions of the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
JEE-ZUS, I don’t think I even have this many Sonic characters in my roster.
Oooh! I just thought of something! What about including Crash Bandicoot! He’d fit right in!
Also want to clarify that when I said I didn’t like console exclusives. I meant console exclusive content on multiplatform games, mainly when there’s like something exclusive to each version of the game like with Soulcalibur II putting Link, Heihachi and Spawn in different versions of the game.
Well this works out perfectly then. Put Crash on PS5. Banjo on Xbox Scarlet, and Mario on Switch!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not exactly fair, especially to a company that has done everything they could to work with Sega since they went third-party :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well this works out perfectly then. Put Crash on PS5. Banjo on Xbox Scarlet, and Mario on Switch!
That’s exactly what I said I DON’T like. Not everyone can afford multiple consoles so I don’t like feeling left out on content just because I bought one version of the game instead of three.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s exactly what I said I DON’T like. Not everyone can afford multiple consoles so I don’t like feeling left out on content just because I bought one version of the game instead of three.
Oops. I misread that.

I personally don’t mind it as long as each version has something. Like it or lump it. A major platform holders content is only gonna be on their platform (unless you’re chill like Microsoft). So if that’s what we have to do to get Kratos in Mortal Kombat and other things like that then do be it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not exactly fair, especially to a company that has done everything they could to work with Sega since they went third-party :yoshi:
I’m not saying I think less of a company or game for doing that, it’s just not a practice that I particularly like because I don’t like missing out on content a game has.

D

Deleted member

alright, cropped the image a bit and changed the shot I used for my avatar.

I T S P E R F E C T

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oops. I misread that.

I personally don’t mind it as long as each version has something. Like it or lump it. A major platform holders content is only gonna be on their platform (unless you’re chill like Microsoft). So if that’s what we have to do to get Kratos in Mortal Kombat and other things like that then do be it.
I don’t know if MK9 did online cross play between consoles but if it did, can you play as Kratos in that instance?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know if MK9 did online cross play between consoles but if it did, can you play as Kratos in that instance?
It didn’t have that.

Quite frankly. I keep forgetting crossplay is a thing and it still sounds like witchcraft every tine I hear people talk about it.

I mean. If we can play online with people on different platforms than what’s even the point of having multiple platforms.

I’ve been for standardization of gaming hardware for a while now. I want it to be like DVDs where, sure, different people make different players with slightly different functionality, but there’s no exclusive content to each one. Like, you don’t have to buy a Sony brand DVD player to watch Sony Pictures DVD’s. I want gaming to be like that. Different boxes with slightly different specs across each, but they can all play the same games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crossplay only didn't happen because console makers didn't want to take any potential sales away from their machine. But eventually they wised up and realized the people who'll buy it on X-Box will do so regardless of their friends all having it on PlayStation, and vice versa. This was mostly on Sony as Microsoft and Nintendo kind of embraced it in recent years.

Now people have much less to worry about for a game being dead on a particular system, as players from all systems can play together and their audience isn't splintered.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn. I was gonna suggest Mario.

But I like console exclusive content.

Then again, a Switch exclusive fighting game that’s not Smash would be interesting. Was half expecting them to reveal KoFXV as a Switch exclusive along with Terry.

But if the plumber is out of the running then.... either Billy Hatcher or Kazuma Kiriyu.
I really doubt KOF would go Nintendo Exclusive, at least for a main title. They've had their games on Nintendo systems before, but they've been Multiplat for too long.

I painted this the other day

That's pretty cool.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's still unfair, even if you think it isn't because you're considering the lowest common denominator :yoshi:
I don’t get why that’s unfair though.

It didn’t have that.

Quite frankly. I keep forgetting crossplay is a thing and it still sounds like witchcraft every tine I hear people talk about it.

I mean. If we can play online with people on different platforms than what’s even the point of having multiple platforms.

I’ve been for standardization of gaming hardware for a while now. I want it to be like DVDs where, sure, different people make different players with slightly different functionality, but there’s no exclusive content to each one. Like, you don’t have to buy a Sony brand DVD player to watch Sony Pictures DVD’s. I want gaming to be like that. Different boxes with slightly different specs across each, but they can all play the same games.
While I don’t really know how all that would work out, I still think crossplay would be a problem for console exclusive characters as the options are either restrict the characters from that option which wouldn’t be fair to mains or allow them which wouldn’t be for other players since they have to fight against a playstyle they cannot defend against without outside knowledge.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that the characters added as Mii Costumes don’t get spirits to accompany them. Occasionally they do, but a lot of them don’t bit just bothers me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Crossplay only didn't happen because console makers didn't want to take any potential sales away from their machine. But eventually they wised up and realized the people who'll buy it on X-Box will do so regardless of their friends all having it on PlayStation, and vice versa. This was mostly on Sony as Microsoft and Nintendo kind of embraced it in recent years.

Now people have much less to worry about for a game being dead on a particular system, as players from all systems can play together and their audience isn't splintered.
So why even have multiple systems then?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah thanks guys I dunno what to say.

I’m at a loss for words.
Sorry if I'm not giving out really deep critiques at the moment. The only bit of advice I could give is make the "watery" area either wavier or slightly bluer. But otherwise, It's pretty clear you've got an eye for color and a great understanding of how to use shapes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really doubt KOF would go Nintendo Exclusive, at least for a main title. They've had their games on Nintendo systems before, but they've been Multiplat for too long.

That's pretty cool.
IDK. The thought just... crossed my mind. SFV was PS4 exclusive despite the series being multiplat for a while.

I just want to see a fighting game (that’s not Smash) built exclusively for the Switch with its hardware and features in mind. And KoF feels like the right franchise to do that with. It’s big enough that it will attract attention but not so big that people will be mad about the change in exclusivity.

Shroob

Sup?
I never realized Shantae had such good music before.

I just have a hard time looking past... other aspects of it lol

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We talking console wars now? I think they are stupid. All this fighting over which console is better/the best, to me, only does more harm than good. It is something that would be best if it wasn't even a thing to begin with.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wasn’t even a fetus for the old fashioned console wars, but I probably would’ve still loved Mario and Pokémon as a kid in the 90s so I’d be repping N64 on the playground.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So why even have multiple systems then?
It's not too complex.

1. Because competition is good. If we didn't have the other console makers, they could easily justify making systems as expensive as the PS3 and 3DO again. As we wouldn't have other options. Economics 101.

2. Following that point, it helps to have these companies to one-up each other in terms of features, which they might not have done otherwise with a lack of opponents to try and dab on.

3. This obviously ONLY applies to Multiplatform titles, Each console still has their exclusive titles. Halo for Microsoft, God of War for Playstation, Zelda for Nintendo ect ect.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What are you responding to? You have no quotes.
The console-exclusivity. Considering that getting guests for games is a matter of buying licenses and crossplay is a thing, the idea that certain franchises should ONLY stay on certain versions due to circumstances is becoming less justified. Oddly enough, the one company not on board for this ISN'T Nintendo, it's Sony :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to start a war or anything, I just didn’t want to include console exclusive characters in my ideas for a Sonic fighting game. Maybe I’ll just leave until this blows over.
We're hardly arguing though. I think most people agree that console wars are pretty dumb. But I do miss the really agressive ads from back in the day. I feel like most game commercials aren't as fun as they used to be. So that's a topic I'm willing to talk about. Some are also pretty cool. like a lot of the Mega Man ads that had 2D animation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We're hardly arguing though. I think most people agree that console wars are pretty dumb. But I do miss the really agressive ads from back in the day. I feel like most game commercials aren't as fun as they used to be. So that's a topic I'm willing to talk about. Some are also pretty cool. like a lot of the Mega Man ads that had 2D animation.
It’ll always amuse me how blunt commercials in the 90s were.

“You don’t want these games, They’re for ***** ass mother ****ers. You’re not a ***** ass mother ******, are ya? You will be if you don’t buy our games!’

Shroob

Sup?
It’ll always amuse me how blunt commercials in the 90s were.

“You don’t want these games, They’re for ***** *** mother ****ers. You’re not a ***** *** mother ******, are ya? You will be if you don’t buy our games!’
Genesis Denisis what Nintendensis

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IDK. The thought just... crossed my mind. SFV was PS4 exclusive despite the series being multiplat for a while.

I just want to see a fighting game (that’s not Smash) built exclusively for the Switch with its hardware and features in mind. And KoF feels like the right franchise to do that with. It’s big enough that it will attract attention but not so big that people will be mad about the change in exclusivity.
I believe in Street Fighter 5's case, Sony had helped to pay for the game to be made. So it's only on PS4 and PC. So it's a similar situation to Bayonetta 2 being payed by Nintendo to even exist.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Funny.jpg
I have no idea why I made this meme in Photoshop just now.
Nor do I know if the series even has lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom