• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Alright top 5 favorite Anime, Go.

I don't have much Anime experience which is why I'm asking as I'm making a list and whatnot.
Gundam 0079
Xabungle
Brigadoon
Ojamajo Doremi
Takarajima

You can switch around Xabungle with Ideon or Turn A Gundam or Giant Robo
They're all great

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So do you Terry will have a Garou: Mark of the Wolves alternate costume in Smash?
It's the only one that matters. So hopefully its in.

Forgot about Terry's hat. That could be a problem for Garou alt (unless Sakurai accommodates for that)
It shouldn't matter. Other fighting games have similar situations to this for animations. Guile's winpose in SF5 has him comb his hair, but some of his costumes have him wear hats. Jin Kazama has an animation where he tugs on his glove, even if one of his costumes can lack one to pull. In fact, the same could be said of Joker's glove animation in Smash when wearing the school costume.

Not that there's a 100% the Garou costume gets in, just that the hat based animations might not matter. And some animations, such as throwing the coat instead of the hat, could be costume exclusive, like how characters get different animations based on their sex.

osby

Smash Obsessed
To add to this

Joker's alt doesn't wear gloves, but iirc, he still does the glove adjustment animation, no?
Yeah, but it's the same in Persona 5.

Not sure Hat!Terry and Garou!Terry has a history of sharing animations.

I can kiiiiinda see Sakurai considering it important but not enough to cut an alt just because of that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That actually is coming out?

I remember seeing a trailer for it years ago and just thought it was one of those things that'll never see the light of day.
The pilot came out recently. I thought it was alright, but it could be improved. It is impressive how this was all accomplished though.

In other words my mind’s decided it’s time to take a trip down self loathing lane, and I should head to bed soon. Otherwise I’m just gonna be up at 6 in the morn, all depressed and sweaty. I’m broken haha

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, the pilot came out

Unfortunately, we can never have good things as Viv's (creator and main artist) past has been circling the scene and people are using her past mistakes as a means of warding off people who are interested in her work.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I don't have much Anime experience which is why I'm asking as I'm making a list and whatnot.
Dragon Ball/DBZ
JoJo's
YuYu Hakusho
Hunter X Hunter

Not really sure where'd I'd place 5. Because having any particular part of DB or JJBA taking a 2nd slot feels like cheating.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, but it's the same in Persona 5.

Not sure Hat!Terry and Garou!Terry has a history of sharing animations.

I can kiiiiinda see Sakurai considering it important but not enough to cut an alt just because of that.
The Maximum Impact games have both Terry costumes as separate characters, but a majority of their animations are similar. It'd only really be the winpose that changes, where terry throws his hat for the normal suit, and the jacket for the Garou. There's another winpose between both versions that's the exact same, the fist pump "ARRIGHT!". And I think the Jotaro Point he does too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It can't exactly be that hard to code Terry to run his fingers over his hair than to adjust his hat.

I mean, come on, Pokemon Trainers have way more complex animation changes across all the miscellaneous animations despite being skins, so who knows maybe they'll go the extra mile with Terry,

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't get why people want fancy ass controllers that glow and ****. Just give me a comfortable, durable wired controller and I'm good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You tell that to yourself, but then certain.... "tastes" develop
I'm not talking about designs like that, I'm talking like see through glowing controllers. Had to use one today while at a friend's house and I'm tempted to take that thing and paint it so it doesn't blind me when I use it.

Also those specific controllers suck ass in the durability department. I know, I bought two.

Edit: ded

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't get why people want fancy *** controllers that glow and ****. Just give me a comfortable, durable wired controller and I'm good.
Looks at RGB keyboard and RGB Tower with RGB headhpones and RGB moniter with RGB backlighting
RGB intensifies.gif

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

5. Barakamon
4. Welcome to the NHK
3. Sailor Moon
2. Jojo
1. One Piece

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm not talking about designs like that, I'm talking like see through glowing controllers. Had to use one today while at a friend's house and I'm tempted to take that thing and paint it so it doesn't blind me when I use it.

Also those specific controllers suck *** in the durability department. I know, I bought two.

Edit: ded
I haven't really used see through glowing controllers but the standard Dualshock 4 has blinded me with its light bar several times.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

I'll bite. Fair warning: I'm pretty effing generic so my tastes are a bit vanilla compared to some of the weebs around here.

Hunter x Hunter (2011): Probably the one I recommend the most. There's a lot to love in here: Fascinating setting, a great cast of characters that have marvelous, consistent and interesting development across the board, and a story that, while it hits a lot of familiar beats, has poignant moments all the same.

Monster: Much less fantastical than most anime, Monster plays out more like a syndicated drama, mystery and thriller than a high octane action show. It's a slow burn, but once it hits stride it doesn't stop.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (all parts): If you just want a fun, action-filled romp with wild and downright WEIRD characters, Jojo's is for you. Don't go into this series thinking you'll get a heady experience laden with deep characters or philosophies; turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: This one is at the top of a lot of people's lists and for good reason. This show has it all: Action, comedy, drama, intrigue...you name it, Fullmetal Alchemist's got it. Hope you like your heart stomped on because hoooo boy this show can give you the case of the feels real quick.

Cowboy Bebop: The anime of all anime. Set against a sort of noir-ish Neo Western backdrop in spaaaaaace, Bebop is an episodic series that follows a group of intergalactic bounty hunters and their many (mis)adventures. A lot of stories in this series are pretty self-contained, but there is a story thread that gradually develops which by the time it reaches its climax has HUGE payoff. It's fantastic.

Other shows I'll recommend real quick:

Heroic Age
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
08th MS Team
Zoids: Chaotic Century
Parasyte
Boogiepop Phantom (2019)
Thunderbolt Fantasy (technically not anime, but)
Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
Demon Slayer
Fate/ZERO, Fate Stay Night (ufotable)
Kara no Kyoukai (movie series)
Azumanga Daioh
Gintama

Smooth Criminal

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Strong reminder that if you ever watch Gundam make sure you watch the OG UC Trilogy before watching anything else

Gundam 0079 -> Zeta Gundam -> ZZ Gudnam -> Char's Counterattack(Movie)

After watching all of those you should have no problem watching any other Gundam series

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The AI is getting smarter

Thank god they only want to sell us ****

For now
Next they’ll want to sell us to their leaders.

we’ll have to do everyday tasks we should be doing ourselves and not robots!

what a cruel world!

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think you can watch 08th MS Team and get away with not having prior Gundam knowledge. Stardust Memory, yeah, you might wanna watch the OG trilogy before seeing that one.

Smooth Criminal

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I think you can watch 08th MS Team and get away with not having prior Gundam knowledge. Stardust Memory, yeah, you might wanna watch the OG trilogy before seeing that one.

Smooth Criminal
You can watch MS Team, Thunderbolt, War in the Pocket since they all take place in the same time as 0079 however you wont get the full story without watching the mainline UC first

Late UC stuff is basically required to watch the UC trilogy + CCA

Same with non UC canon stuff like G Gundam, Gundam X, ect
The concepts from the UC like new types, minovsky particles, mobile suits will be all explain to you in the mainline UC so its much easier to understand plus you'll learn to appreciate the references and parallels they have.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol you call that vanilla?

I've only watched Dragon Ball, Naruto, Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO, Assassination Classroom, Hetalia, Black Butler, The Seven Deadly Sins, and My Hero Academia. I also saw The Promised Neverland and No Game No Life.

Believe that's all of the anime I've personally watched at least a season of in my lifetime. There's also an anime I saw a while ago that had these women (I think school girls) all killing each other in the name of some guy they all liked and this would be the only real niche series if I could remember it's name

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

I struggle to pick favourites for a lot of things, but Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, and Yu Yu Hakusho are generally the first three series that come to mind when I think “genuinely good anime”, so I guess those. Yes, I’m aware of how much of a pretentious hipster I am.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh. Apparently the psycho killer girl anime I remember seeing is called "When They Cry".
If that's really When They Cry/Higurashi, Psycho Girl Anime only barely scratch the surface of this one.

Like, as someone who watched the first season, Kai and the Mangas, it's really great and horrifying, would recommend for Halloween if you're 18 or plus,cuz yes, there is gore, and no, there is so much more than cute girls killing each other.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
zero streaming nocturne.png

Holy ****, a smash streamer is actually playing this game in the year of our Lord, 2019?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If that's really When They Cry/Higurashi, Psycho Girl Anime only barely scratch the surface of this one.

Like, as someone who watched the first season, Kai and the Mangas, it's really great and horrifying, would recommend for Halloween if you're 18 or plus,cuz yes, there is gore, and no, there is so much more than cute girls killing each other.
I'm aware of the larger cosmology and how insane it gets. I just only remember Shion.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm aware of the larger cosmology and how insane it gets. I just only remember Shion.
Think most people's remember about this show is Shion and Rena being psycho.

So that make sense...somewhat.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Considering how this fanbase treats Dragon Quest and Touhou, I'd imagine SMT would fare quite worse.
Their fault for treating Banjo-Kazooie like a religion. :nifty: Their western hemisphere patriotism is their downfall.

Then again, Japan thinks Doom Slayer is just Samus, like how we think any guy with a sword is Marth over here.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think the whole speculah side of the Smash Community has zero chill/no idea what half-measures are when it comes to character representation in Smash. It is very much an all or nothing affair with no in-between, to the point where some completely lose sight of the actual game itself in their mad pursuit to see their favorite character or franchise in. Truly and utterly boggles my mind because Smash is a really awesome game---why aren't we talking about it?

Smooth Criminal

Shroob

Sup?
Their fault for treating Banjo-Kazooie like a religion. :nifty: Their western hemisphere patriotism is their downfall.

Then again, Japan thinks Doom Slayer is just Samus, like how we think any guy with a sword is Marth over here.
Smash babies don't know any games unless they themselves have played them, or been told that "This character DESERVES to be in"

No big surprise here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash babies don't know any games unless they themselves have played them, or been told that "This character DESERVES to be in"

No big surprise here.
Sometimes I think the Geno community has devolved into cultists who brainwash other people into thinking Geno is a saint that has the upmost deservedness out of anyone else in the history of video games.

But don't tell them I said that or you'll see me missing for weeks and then hear me praising his name from the rooftops. :239: i don't even need to clarify that im joking do i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom