• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes I think the Geno community has devolved into cultists who brainwash other people into thinking Geno is a saint that has the upmost deservedness out of anyone else in the history of video games.

But don't tell them I said that or you'll see me missing for weeks and then hear me praising his name from the rooftops. :239:i don't even need to clarify that im joking do i
I mean, joking aside, the community acts like "Me no play this game. Me no know it exist, thus, game bad."

Terry's the shining example of this. "Terry just Trucker Ken. Terry bad. 20+ years of gaming legacy? Me never play King of Fighters. Unga Bunga no deserve spot."

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I mean, joking aside, the community acts like "Me no play this game. Me no know it exist, thus, game bad."
tbh I feel like some of the most frequently requested characters are from games a lot of the community hasn't _layed but still su_ _ orts anyway for some reason, though I agree they're _romoted with the same mentality ('they deserve it!') that you've mentioned

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
tbh I feel like some of the most frequently requested characters are from games a lot of the community hasn't _layed but still su_ _ orts anyway for some reason, though I agree they're _romoted with the same mentality ('they deserve it!') that you've mentioned
how hard is it to keep up with that gimmick

Shroob

Sup?
The funny thing is, the Japanese hardcore fans like their Smashboard/reddit/4chan goers are just as bad if not worse than ours.

They constantly call us westerners out for clinging onto dead characters or series like Geno or Golden Sun respectively(most don't even seem to remember Golden Sun even exists when its brought up), and for every "Japan bias" you see on Reddit, they counter en masse with "Western pick"

Lol

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I wanna ask you guys something, do you have a nickname in real life and if so, what is it?
For me, my auntie calls me "Jojo". (Guess where that comes from... Za Warudo!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wanna ask you guys something, do you have a nickname in real life and if so, what is it?
For me, my auntie calls me "Jojo". (Guess where that comes from.)
My online nickname is Lesley. It's taken from a character in Mobile Legends.

My real nickname...it's secret.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The funny thing is, the Japanese hardcore fans like their Smashboard/reddit/4chan goers are just as bad if not worse than ours.

They constantly call us westerners out for clinging onto dead characters or series like Geno or Golden Sun respectively(most don't even seem to remember Golden Sun even exists when its brought up), and for every "Japan bias" you see on Reddit, they counter en masse with "Western pick"

Lol
I just wanna know what these Ja_anese fans actually want as all these su_ _ osed "Ja_anese most wanted character _olls" usually turn out to be based on really small sam_le sizes or some other dodgy statistical _ractices, usually skewed to show "see, Ja_an wants this character too!!!"

D

Deleted member

For me, my auntie calls me "Jojo". (Guess where that comes from.)
Not really, but if I could give MYSELF one...

"ultimate master of shilling super mega plus ultra! *insert irl name here*"
(do I even need to say this is a joke?)

Shroob

Sup?
I just wanna know what these Ja_anese fans actually want as all these su_ _ osed "Ja_anese most wanted character _olls" usually turn out to be based on really small sam_le sizes or some other dodgy statistical _ractices, usually skewed to show "see, Ja_an wants this character too!!!"
I know a looooooot of them were pretty pissed no Rex from XB2.

Xenoblade2 seemed to be one of their forerunners for speculation, and then Mii costume happened.

D

Deleted member

Lol
tell me. Do they think spirits do or don’t deconfirm and do they want some characters that were spirits?

Shroob

Sup?
tell me. Do they think spirits do or don’t deconfirm and do they want some characters that were spirits?
I legit don't know, I only bop on over to 2ch or whatever the **** it's called now and Japanese Twitter when there's a Smash related event happening to see how they react.

D

Deleted member

My other uncle gifted me all of this:
20A42C1A-7EBE-4C85-8AD8-B943092132D7.jpeg

Can’t believe I managed to get Professor X against all odds in the end.

Shroob

Sup?
The funniest thing I remember in this west vs east thing would have to be Incineroars reveal

Once the "BOX THEORY WAS RIGHT!!!" posts died down, people on the west seemed to rationalize him as:

"Incineroar is popular in Japan."

"Japan bias"

Etc

But when 2ch saw Incineroar, and afaik they either didn't know or care about box theory, it was like:

"Gaogan? This Pokemon is popular in the west?"

"Do westerners like Gaogan or something?"

So many people pointed to Japan, and they pointed right back.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The funniest thing I remember in this west vs east thing would have to be Incineroars reveal

Once the "BOX THEORY WAS RIGHT!!!" posts died down, people on the west seemed to rationalize him as:

"Incineroar is popular in Japan."

"Japan bias"

Etc

But when 2ch saw Incineroar, and afaik they either didn't know or care about box theory, it was like:

"Gaogan? This Pokemon is popular in the west?"

"Do westerners like Gaogan or something?"

So many people pointed to Japan, and they pointed right back.
so basically:
meee.png

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
For me, my auntie calls me "Jojo". (Guess where that comes from... Za Warudo!)
Online, I have a few: Smooth, Smoothie, Sugoi, whatever my handle is in this one Discord I help out in, etc.

Meatspace has a few, also: Nubs, Shoop, Princess, Kevin-more, and a few others that are little more than vulgar pejoratives adequately summing up how frustrated someone is with me, lol

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.
I'm not feeling all that happy right now. I found a guy I really liked, I opened myself up to him... and he said we'll be really good friends. :cry:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys.
I'm not feeling all that happy right now. I found a guy I really liked, I opened myself up to him... and he said we'll be really good friends. :cry:
Don’t worry goth. The first try usually doesn’t work. You’re still young. You have plenty of time to find something. I’m almost 21 and I still haven’t had a first date.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.
Better than him flat out rejecting you and being disgusted. Besides, there are other fish in the sea.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.
My opinion on relationships aside(spoiler: I just don't really care about love interests) you'll be fine. It's not always love at first sight.

I've literally been trying to think of a polite way to say this for like 10 minutes arrrrrghhhhhh

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
to be fair i do agree the west clings onto dead characters/series too much.

I am guilty of it with F-Zero, but I've moved on. Nothing I can do to convince Nintendo it is a series worth having.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

to be fair i do agree the west clings onto dead charactersg/series too much.

I am guilty of it with F-Zero, but I've moved on. Nothing I can do to convince Nintendo it is a series worth having.
*cough* Golden Sun *cough* Darkstalkers

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Hey guys.
You have a friend? How terrible.

It can develop into something more in the future. If not, you have a friend out of it. It's a win-win.

D

Deleted member

My opinion on relationships aside(spoiler: I just don't really care about love interests) you'll be fine. It's not always love at first sight.

I've literally been trying to think of a polite way to say this for like 10 minutes arrrrrghhhhhh
Spoiler Alert: You didn't have to say a damn thing about your opinion on relationships.
But thank you anyway.

D

Deleted member

Spoiler Alert: You didn't have to say a damn thing about your opinion on relationships.
But thank you anyway.
Figured as much, felt it was necessary to mention so it didn't seem like I was just saying "deal with it, move on" super rudely.
also because it might seem like I know more about love and relationships if I don't mention it

D

Deleted member

osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku how’s your day going?

It turns out that today I’m going to sleep at my grandfather’s home to help him build something tomorrow!

This day just keeps getting better, and hopefully both of you are also having a decent one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom