• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
to be fair i do agree the west clings onto dead characters/series too much.

I am guilty of it with F-Zero, but I've moved on. Nothing I can do to convince Nintendo it is a series worth having.
Idk. Sometimes it works. Crash and Spyro came back just because people wanted it. Banjo is in Smash because we wanted it. Sandbox Mario came back because we wanted it. Capcom brought back 3 different series in perfect form just because we asked. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (while a flawed project) was put into production because marvel held a poll about what people wanted to see from them in the game space and Marvel vs Capcom got the most votes by far. NRS seems to actively choose characters for the next installment based on the requests they get over twitter. Need I mention the amount of kickstarted spiritual successors we have been getting. We have a degree of power in this relationship.

Although, Nintendo seems to be the least willing to listen compared to other devs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So my father found out that the eggs my sister used to make crepes yesterday were expired/rotten.

So now, my stomach ain't feeling the best, but it's tolerable, somewhat.

Sooooooooooooooo......going well folks?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku how’s your day going?

It turns out that today I’m going to sleep at my grandfather’s home to help him build something tomorrow!

This day just keeps getting better, and hopefully both of you are also having a decent one!
So far, so good

it's gonna be a pretty lax day for me, as I don't have much on the docket

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about we share what franchises were into (Not counting Super Smash Bros. obviously).

For me I'm into Godzilla (And kaiju as a whole including Gamera and King Kong), The Angry Beavers, Fast and the Furious, God of War, Mortal Kombat, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman, Super Mario Bros. and My Hero Academia being notably among those.
Mario is part of my DNA. I can't remove its association with me. It is my most adored/favorite franchise, although unfortunately for some reason or another I don't seem to express my appreciation that much on the Internet. I would like to change that. If I counted Smash Bros., the last time I truly got excited was the 3DS iteration. What came after has been nothing thrilling for me personally. I know it's ironic because I'm on Smashboards and I already took my retirement funds. I guess you never leave a site after you say you do. Perhaps part of that is just a desire to move into bigger and better franchises. It seems to have been Bayonetta that's the franchise in which I show my appreciation the most for on the Internet. I want to be more open-minded and expand my taste in IP, so that's why I have attempted to get more into Zelda, Star Fox, etc.

The franchises I like are strictly based on the bounds of the video game industry. I don't recognize anything outside of it. While not franchises and more so real subjects, I used to have a mild interest in technology, however, this dropped significantly when 2017 started. The same applies for the little interest I had that remained in other subjects like film, for a reason I'd prefer to leave ambiguous.

I got nothing to do so let me ask a question that's been on my mind for a while.
If you could name any specific movie, console, game, etc as the absolute worst one of all time, which would it be?
For movies, I absolutely hated Changeling and as silly as it may be, it certainly was a factor in my huge loss of interest in the medium. I think it's because when I saw it, I was much younger than I am now, so it left an impression. Much like how the movie Itoi saw in his youth inspired him to create Giygas. I can't say much about games. There could be some that can act as a guilty pleasure of mine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the European eShop has an offer where if you pre-purchase Pokémon Sword or Shield you can get a free steel book.

Doesn't really mean much if you don't have a game card to put in it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Donkey Kong, is that you?
imo, I think bolder is Funky Kong.

After all, they are both pretty chill & they both love bananas.

Pure logic right here.

D

Deleted member

*puts on nerd glasses*

Actually, monkeys and humans share a common ape ancestor and evolved differently from that same species.
I was going to say the same thing, but I felt it would be a bit rude, IMO.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hey guys, concerning Ultimate's next cycle of DLC, you know what I want?

I want everyone to be freakishly whisked away to a timeline where they each get their most requested character.

I know that sounds weird, not to mention metaphysically imposssible, but considering I conveniently got the only 2 newcomers I really wanted in THIS particular Smash title, I feel pretty bummed out knowing that a lot of peeps inevitably won't get their favorite picks for future DLC. I know that's the nature of having a massive crossover game with so many open possibilities like this, that not all viable contenders will get chosen as fighters down the line, but since I got everything i wanted, I just want everybody else to be satisfied in that right, as well.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I've been meaning to tell this since yesterday but, I'll be starting a new therapy session as of today. I just felt like resolving some mental issues that I've had for most of my life, particulary with my emotional state.

D

Deleted member

Visual representation of the Smash speculation community trying to look for Fighter 5:

C560F800-6BE5-4FC5-A4E7-67D85531E03C.jpeg

D

Deleted member

*puts on nerd glasses*

Actually, monkeys and humans share a common ape ancestor and evolved differently from that same species.
*puts on gamer glasses*

Well actually OHHHHHHHHH BA NANAAAA

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
*puts on nerd glasses*

Yeah. And when people, ordinary people, say monkey, they’re not talking about a specific phylum, genus, or species. It’s a catch all term that describes a bunch of animals with similar traits. We call baboons monkeys. We call chimpanzees monkeys. We call gorillas monkeys. They’re all monkeys. In the same way that the commoner calls every arthropod a bug. Or how we call dinosaurs lizards when they not. So, by that way of looking at it, we did come from monkeys. Because our shared common ape ancestor also fits all the criteria to be classified as a monkey by the average non-scientific person.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. And when people, ordinary people, say monkey, they’re not talking about a specific phylum, genus, or species. It’s a catch all term that describes a bunch of animals with similar traits. We call baboons monkeys. We call chimpanzees monkeys. We call gorillas monkeys. They’re all monkeys. In the same way that the commoner calls every arthropod a bug. Or how we call dinosaurs lizards when they not. So, by that way of looking at it, we did come from monkeys. Because our shared common ape ancestor also fits all the criteria to be classified as a monkey by the average non-scientific person.
Don't be a monkey about it. Being scientific and specific is good for educating stupid people, like me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don't be a monkey about it. Being scientific and specific is good for educating stupid people, like me.
The problem is that the stupid people don’t want to be educated because they think they’re already smart. When they’re not. There’s just a whole industry dedicated to getting money out of them by telling them that they’re right and selling them scam products.

D

Deleted member

The problem is that the stupid people don’t want to be educated because they think they’re already smart. When they’re not. There’s just a whole industry dedicated to getting money out of them by telling them that they’re right and selling them scam products.
That's good and all, but it's not relevant to any discussion we're having here.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Hey guys.
I'm not feeling all that happy right now. I found a guy I really liked, I opened myself up to him... and he said we'll be really good friends. :cry:
I know your pain. In 8th grade I asked a girl to be my valentine and you know what she said?
“What’s a valentine?” Girl either had no clue what Valentine’s Day was or the more likely it was a polite rejection.

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts to that one guy in my high school who publicly asked a girl to the prom during lunch and then she walked away.

D

Deleted member

Morning y’all what’s happenin?
Oh nothing new
Cp5 is still a complete mystery
I hope Nintendo uk makes their mistakes again like snk so we can at least know what kind of rep is coming

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh nothing new
Cp5 is still a complete mystery
I hope Nintendo uk makes their mistakes again like snk so we can at least know what kind of rep is coming
Same, but i hope this one is vague enough to keep us guessing.

Namco and Capcom for example could be anyone. Disney or Koei on the other hand would give it away.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My apologies for never showing up yesterday for OW Aurane Aurane

Found out one of my cats got ran over as I got home, had to recover the body myself. Needless to say, wasn't in much of a mood to do much of anything after that.

Made peace with it since then, though one definitely has to remember not to take anything for granted all the time. Appreciate what you got while you still have it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Can someone check the copyrights on the latest spirit board event?
I’m hearing that the SNK copyright is starting to appear on those at the bottom.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Idk. Sometimes it works. Crash and Spyro came back just because people wanted it. Banjo is in Smash because we wanted it. Sandbox Mario came back because we wanted it. Capcom brought back 3 different series in perfect form just because we asked. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (while a flawed project) was put into production because marvel held a poll about what people wanted to see from them in the game space and Marvel vs Capcom got the most votes by far. NRS seems to actively choose characters for the next installment based on the requests they get over twitter. Need I mention the amount of kickstarted spiritual successors we have been getting. We have a degree of power in this relationship.

Although, Nintendo seems to be the least willing to listen compared to other devs.
Nintendo do try to give us a bone. It has two Mario Kart tracks, a mini game in Nintendo Land, and they had the eshop blasting Big Blue's music track at some point. The original F-Zero is also in the SNES library day one.

If I had to guess, the series is in Miyamoto hell of trying to find a gimmick and companies involved aren't playing ball to make a new F-Zero. They know about the F-Zero demand.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Can someone check the copyrights on the latest spirit board event?
I’m hearing that the SNK copyright is starting to appear on those at the bottom.
it's true, just checked

SNK copyright appears for the event between 1st november and 4th november

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My apologies for never showing up yesterday for OW Aurane Aurane

Found out one of my cats got ran over as I got home, had to recover the body myself. Needless to say, wasn't in much of a mood to do much of anything after that.

Made peace with it since then, though one definitely has to remember not to take anything for granted all the time. Appreciate what you got while you still have it.
Hey, that's alright. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, mate. I've had that happen to me twice, so I definitely understand the pain and frustration that can come from that.

I was feeling a little tapped out yesterday anyways, so we wouldn't of played regardless. Passed out around 8 at night. So in some sense I'm glad you didn't want to play, because I probably would of left you hanging by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom