• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
LEGO is making its own Super Smash Bros game for Apple Arcade:

No licensed properties doh.
I’ve tried this game already, it’s fairly fun, although, from my experience, it tended to be rather hard to find people to play against (+ it was usually pretty laggy...)

It really isn’t like Smash at all, though, aside from having platforming mixed in. IDK what the genre it’s in is called, although it is a relatively simplistic variation of it and seems to be designed to be designed more so to introduce children to this genre (it doesn’t even display your username to other players.)

It does have one small movement tech of sorts which is cancelling your grounded dash attack into a jump, which sends you flying really far really fast and makes getting around a lot more fun than it would be without it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As dlc continues it’s posible to have more than 1 rep from that company,game type(indie for example),and country.
Like we can posibly have another square rep like geno if the mii thing ends up true(spirits barier broken)
Another western character like crash bandicoot who will complete the 90s rivalry

As for indie reps with reimu being likley all of a sudden she would be indie rep #1 however her getting in dosent mean it hurts their chances it proves that indies can become fighters if reimu can apeeal indies in the east then the other who originated in America can apeeal to the west. That’s how I see it. Although I see her more of a zun rep

I could be wrong but multiple reps is somthing to keep in mind
There's really no rules that says it can't happen, so why not?

Personally, I'd be ecstatic if one of the Mega Men in Mega Man's Final Smash got added as a fully playable character for example. And for all we know, another Square character, or another Western character could easily make it in. On who they'd be exactly is tricky to say since they'd either have to be iconic, requested a lot, or fairly new. And probably a bit more important than all of that is introduce a new audience, but I think pretty much any main character can do that, even if only from a spin-off. Like if they felt like adding Kyo Kusanagi too at some point as a non Mega Man example. Or Elma/Rex.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
She said she liked watching Friends more than Seinfeld, so I covered the check and dropped her back off at home.
She sounds like a perfectly reasonable person to me :p

Shroob

Sup?
So a friend of mine brought something up that's interesting.

Touhou 15.5, one of the 2D fighting games that are part of the series?

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch

It's coming to Switch.

There's gonna be an official Touhou game on Switch, and it's a 2d fighting game.

Big HMMM.

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

Not saying this means anything but, that answers your "Are they going to start introducing it to the west" question. There's already a handful of games on Steam, now there's gonna be one on Switch(And PS4), which, just happens to be a fighting game.

Another thing to note, this game is the same game that the JP leaker gained his supposed cred off of, so theoretically, if anyone were to know info related to this game, it'd be them.

Again, I don't buy it(Still completely on board with Ryu), but I was not aware that Official Switch Touhou game(s) ports were in the works.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If people don't like Terry they have actual bad taste.
I'm really late(again)
But the reason why I don't like Terry is I just think his design is a bit too generic(also after reading up on SNK as a whole, nah, not a fan of their games)

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Actually she's old enough to drink... and gets hella crunked many, many times. It's even a canon plot point in some media of "Reimu gets drunk"
I see

she looks like a kid though

if google autocompletes a search of a character's name with "age" at the end then I usually assume that it's not a good idea to call them a waifu

D

Deleted member

oh god oh **** there's a giant storm literally right next to my house that could hit at any moment:
Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 5.47.32 AM.png

Shroob

Sup?
I see

she looks like a kid though

if google autocompletes a search of a character's name with "age" at the end then I usually assume that it's not a good idea to call them a waifu
I mean

That's pretty much every anime character in a nutshell. Reimu is 100% an adult.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i see your 'reimu looks like a kid' posts and raise you that one badass alternate design that would sadly never make it into smash

1571655639573.png

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon until we hear from Verg.

Reimu would be nice, but I'm very convinced that it's Ryu.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It still feels so surreal to me that Touhou is now legitimately talked about and speculated for Smash. Even if Reimu isn't part of the DLC, I'm content knowing that Reimu got considered to be a likely pick by the Smash fanbase.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I haven't really said much re the whole Reimu thing but I guess I'll take the 'wait and see' a_ _roach given the brief roller coasters in s_eculation that _revious characters have ex_erienced

Shroob

Sup?
Can someone fill me in on the whole Reimu thing?
Japanese 5chan poster who has leaked **** in regards to touhou before said hes heard that japanese indie music groups have been contracted by Nintendo to make music for Smash, then provided a list of songs.

It's very strange.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Japanese 5chan poster who has leaked **** in regards to touhou before said hes heard that japanese indie music groups have been contracted by Nintendo to make music for Smash, then provided a list of songs.

It's very strange.
I’m not exactly super convinced, but it’s interesting.

Thanks for letting me know.

D

Deleted member

I'll say this now;
Today is not going to be that great of a day. Thankful those giant storms I posted earlier are just thunderstorms, but still have a tornado potential.
Fingers crossed that doesn't happen, but then again, Tornados pretty much do nothing where I live(small hills in all directions means a tornado would be significantly weaker if it headed where I am)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just realized I've yet to give my personal thoughts on Reimu as a fighter. It'd be a bizarre choice. but I'd be cool with her. Really hoping they'd use her playstyle from the Touhou fighting games.

For our first indie character, she's not that bad of a pick. She's definitely one of the older ones out there, and I'd argue Touhou has quite the legacy, especially on the internet. Y'all remember this classic video? (sidenote: if UN Owen Was Her does not get in, then I'm suing Sakurai)

As for the leak itself, I'm still skeptical, but I'd be lying if I said I thought it was flat out implausible.

On a slightly different note, not so happy anniversary, Grinch Leak. You were more memorable than the actual Grinch movie itself

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It's very strange.
I will say that, a character getting leaked for this reason lines up with the really stupid reasons things have been getting leaked lately (accidental code left in the game, websites copyright page being updated, an influx of new merch, a freakin case being leaked, etc.)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Still not convinced of anything relating to Reimu in Smash. If a Smash leaker corroborates it that’s one thing, but until then I see this as a “wait and see” situation.

D

Deleted member

So why does everyone say “nice” when they see 69 or 420 but not when they see 621

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom