• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

when you realize you left your backpack at home and you can't go back home to get it(true story btw, maybe another time lol)
If you don't mind me asking, who would you consider to be the worst DLC character if it's not Reimu (If she actually got in)?

I'm asking assuming you can order them from most to least favorite, not just saying that they're all your favorite or something similar to that.
I know this wasen't intended for me, but pretty much any really obscure/old franchise. So, to name a few:
Little Town Hero(Technically counts because muh marketing)
Pretty much any obsure anime series
Buddyfight(I hate to admit this thou.)
Vanguard(less so than Buddyfight, but I still kinda hate to admit this)

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, Jesus Christ, I've been asking for this for so long.

I think it's incredibly biased to give Corrin and Robin brand new victory theme songs and not do the same for Roy and Ike, especially when Roy's canonical "Victory theme song" is already in the game.
Like, I can kind of understand the Awakening trio getting Id-Purpose since they're all from the same game, but there's honestly no good reason for Corrin to get the special music treatment over Roy and Ike.

Hell, throw in Paean for Marth too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like one of these would fit pretty well:

I’m leaning towards the first one since it’s Fatal Fury and not King of Fighters. Even though his stage is from King of Fighters.....

Ok. Side tangent, if Terry’s stage is gonna be a KoF stage then why can’t Terry be labeled as from King of Fighters? Using this logic, Mario should be labeled a Donkey Kong character.

D

Deleted member

If someone loves Pringles, they main Magneto.

Source: me who mains Magneto alongside Dr.Doom and Sentinel

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn't put stock in much of anything. Yet. Not until we get more information.

I don't believe the Crash/Mii Costume stuff because reasons.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watch as Terry drops in November and we still know jack **** about fighter #5.
I personally see two possible outcomes for Smash DLC:

1) Challenger #5 is revealed at or near Terry's release while the next batch of DLC news is shown off at Game Awards

2) Challenger #5 is revealed at Game Awards with the next batch of DLC shown off in of 2020

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn't put stock in much of anything. Yet. Not until we get more information.

I have reason to believe the Crash/Mii Costume leak is fake and should be treated as such though, so there's that.
At the very least, I'll gladly cull this race's contestants down from 3 to 2.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

I don't believe the Crash/Mii Costume stuff because reasons.
Yeah, same with me. The one glaring aspect for me is the claim of the supposed Mii costumes based on Mallow & Smithy...with the Geno one not returning with them.

D

Deleted member

As nice as Reimu would be, I'd very much prefer Marisa, even if incredible unlikely that she'd got in over her. I just wanna throw giant lasers everywhere and end it with road rage. She's so much more fun as a character than Reimu.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If you don't mind me asking, who would you consider to be the worst DLC character if it's not Reimu (If she actually got in)?

I'm asking assuming you can order them from most to least favorite, not just saying that they're all your favorite or something similar to that.
If I were to also consider DLC not in the fighter pass, then I would say Pirahna Plant. It’s one of the only characters I was actually mad at and was heavily put off by it’s inclusion.

For me personally, Reimu is a character I wouldn’t personally be excited for. She could be my least liked Fighter Pass character, but not because I dislike her, but because I wouldn’t really be interested in her as a fighter.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If I were to also consider DLC not in the fighter pass, then I would say Pirahna Plant. It’s one of the only characters I was actually mad at and was heavily put off by it’s inclusion.

For me personally, Reimu is a character I wouldn’t personally be excited for. She could be my least liked Fighter Pass character, but not because I dislike her, but because I wouldn’t really be interested in her as a fighter.
Well, I guess that's where we see things differently.

Piranha Plant is arguably still my favorite DLC character so far. I thought it was a really creative way to add a character that was both unexpected and extremely iconic.

Not saying I wouldn't have wanted Waluigi more, but I wasn't mad by its inclusion.

D

Deleted member

Here, we see the legendary Ryu Hayabusa doing a deep meditation to gain enough strength for the Game Awards:

8E7BF632-8679-4B1C-BB79-8B316D7A2C04.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I guess that's where we see things differently.

Piranha Plant is arguably still my favorite DLC character so far. I thought it was a really creative way to add a character that was both unexpected and extremely iconic.

Not saying I wouldn't have wanted Waluigi more, but I wasn't mad by its inclusion.
>Has gone on record saying they don't like surprise picks

>"Oh but I love Piranha Plant."

At this point, why not just admit "3rd party bad" and not dance around it? :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
she is a child
Oh, okay.

I don't know a damn thing about Touhou and anime styled characters like her can be tricky to pinpoint an exact age for. Terry probably will be received better in the long run, then.

post/avatar

:mybodyisreggie:
Touché.

I still greatly prefer Terry over Reimu and don't cling to new characters just because they're female, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom