• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am not sure if people here have read it, but I want to make a notice of the essay I made in support of Dixie Kong's inclusion. Ultimate's roster has been extremely fantastic, and that this point Dixie is the last character left that is dear to me (especially from childhood) that is not yet on the roster. She is a legendary heroine, and one of Nintendo's finest characters in general. I hope people here check out when they have time. Dixie Kong is a character I feel most of the contemporary Smash Bros. fanbase sleeps on.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...-dukemon102-on-post-8131.446464/post-23549985

She is a treasure. A Nintendo character of the caliber to which was on par in importance to their franchise as much of Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl's additions (and Ridley and K. Rool). Its strange that there is far less interest in her than there should be. DKC2, DKC3, and Tropical Freeze are fantastic titles, and part of their charm was the one made through Dixie, both from her personality and gameplay abilities. Give the link a read, I am sure it will give you some more appreciation to just how special Dixie Kong is, and how in many ways is the ultimate heroine.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, we had to evacuate due to danger of flooding from a nearby river from the typhoon. Currently holding up at the elementary school I teach at. Government just said that the Kanto plus Shizuoka and Yamanashi and Nagano area is in a state of emergency. They said it’s the most dangerous typhoon in 30 years.

We are safe and dry and hoping we can ride it out through the night. Thankfully, the school has three floors and it’s on a hill. Just hoping our home doesn’t get flooded.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, we had to evacuate due to danger of flooding from a nearby river from the typhoon. Currently holding up at the elementary school I teach at. Government just said that the Kanto plus Shizuoka and Yamanashi and Nagano area is in a state of emergency. They said it’s the most dangerous typhoon in 30 years.

We are safe and dry and hoping we can ride it out through the night. Thankfully, the school has three floors and it’s on a hill. Just hoping our place doesn’t get flooded.
Be safe, dammit! Don’t you dare get hurt!!!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What do you mean the last 2 weeks?
My dude, that picture is NOT appropriate for a website frequented by primarily children and teenagers.

I may be an old fart and it doesn't bother me, but that is NOT ok by any stretch of the word for a site like this.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
2018 was undeniably the worst year of my life. In comparison I’m having a pretty great time in 2019.

Did we trade?
I guess so. 2018 was one of the best years of my life and I would do anything to go back to those times but both time and life moves on.

At least you're having a good year cause this year has been absolute **** to me, I'm happy to hear one of my friends are having a good time at least.
Late night driveby wholesome time.

Good Ol’ Charlie Brown. Always looking on, never giving up.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s an update: typhoon finally made landfall so on top of the heavy rains which is causing massive flooding and landslides, we will start getting strong winds. There was also a 4.0 earthquake in Chiba which is close to Tokyo.

And there were tornadoes.

What the **** is happening.

So these last two weeks is just gonna be people casually posting fetish ****, huh?
It’s been removed. That sort of stuff isn’t going to to fly.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone else just like to casually speedrun games? I did for the mobile ports of the classic Sonic games, and I was able to get Emerald Hill and Palmtree Panic done in under a minute.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Does anyone else just like to casually speedrun games? I did for the mobile ports of the classic Sonic games, and I was able to get Emerald Hill and Palmtree Panic done in under a minute.
Sometimes I do if it's a game that doesn't require much planning/grinding and is mostly reliant on reflexes and skill.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Morning people. Hope everyone's ok.

Good news: El Camino is out, the epilogue movie to Breaking Bad. I'm stoked.

Bad news: I'm exhausted and not getting as invested in it as I'd like. Couple stomach pain with a somewhat intense nose bleed I had last night, I got little sleep. Only 4 or so hours. I feel dead.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
you know, Just yesterdsy i was tslking to my dad about this Typhoon amd said "IDK if Japan never gets tornados" Guess I know now
They do but not the same intensity as in the States but enough to do some damage. From what I heard, it destroyed a house with six people in it. The parents and four kids ages 1 year old to 10. All of them are ok with minor to moderate injuries.

I’m in the school gym with several other families now and have been playing Ultimate with some of my students. My daughter is having a blast as suddenly there are tons of kids to play with so she’s not too worried. I will help patrol some areas in about an hour.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They do but not the same intensity as in the States but enough to do some damage. From what I heard, it destroyed a house with six people in it. The parents and four kids ages 1 year old to 10. All of them are ok with minor to moderate injuries.

I’m in the school gym with several other families now and have been playing Ultimate with some of my students. My daughter is having a blast as suddenly there are tons of kids to play with so she’s not too worried. I will help patrol some areas in about an hour.
idk why Japan hit me as a place that never get tornados. I hear about erthquakes but never tornados pff hopefully that typhoon wont **** everything up

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didn't expect anything so dangerous to be this aesthetic.

You and everyone else stay safe Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom .
Can I have that superpower? The sky just turns pink in my presence.
So these last two weeks is just gonna be people casually posting fetish ****, huh?
I have never wanted context more in my life.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna be gone for most of the day since today will be ending my year of movies of this year on a bang with Gemini Man and Joker.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh my.

Are they like, evacuating? We don’t want their entire society wiped out.
yep, they have been evaluating. Like Venus is in a school right now with other familys atm.

I listen to a radio station for music that plays the news every once in awhile telling the delays and such. A few days before the typhoon was supposed to hit every time the news would come on they would say "there are too many delays to list here"

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
yep, they have been evaluating. Like Venus is in a school right now with other familys atm.

I listen to a radio station free music that plays the news every once in awhile telling the delays and such. A few days before the typhoon was supposed to hit every time the news would come on they would say "there are too many delays to list here"
Wow.

Looks like we can’t suspect a Nintendo direct any time soon

#tryingtilightenthemood.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I didn't expect anything so dangerous to be this aesthetic.

You and everyone else stay safe Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom .
Holy **** it looks like a Blood Moon from BotW is happening.

Hope everyone in Japan is safe, that would scare the hell out of me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people saying Sub-Zero can be an Echo to Scorpion despite.

-Having different fighting styles.
-Different abilities. Scorpion has fire/hellish abilities, Sub-Zero has cryokinesis/ice manipulation.
-One has a weapon (Scorpion with his kunai and spear), while the other doesn't. Because obviously Scorpion's Neutral B would be his Spear something that Sub-Zero couldn't copy.

"But Ken later began to have his own moves and abilities"

Except Ken began as an obvious clone of Ryu in his debut game which they obviously based off in Ultimate being he's known as THE Echo fighter in gaming. Scorpion and Sub-Zero had been different from the get go in their debuts in terms of abilities and powers.

I just assume people thinks this because they're the Ryu and Ken of Mortal Kombat and look alike in height and proportion.

At the most I could possibility see Sub-Zero as a semi-clone but that's about it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people saying Sub-Zero can be an Echo to Scorpion despite.

-Having different fighting styles.
-Different abilities. Scorpion has fire/hellish abilities, Sub-Zero has ice/cyrokinetic maniuplation.
-One has a weapon (Scorpion with his kunai and spear), while the other doesn't. Because obviously Scorpion's Neutral B would be his Spear something that Sub-Zero couldn't copy.

"But Ken later began to have his own moves and abilities"

Except Ken began as an obvious clone of Ryu in his debut game which they obviously based off in Ultimate being he's known as THE Echo fighter in gaming. Scorpion and Sub-Zero had been different from the get go in their debuts in terms of abilities and powers.

I just assume people thinks this because they're the Ryu and Ken of Mortal Kombat and look alike in height and proportion.

At the most I could possibility see Sub-Zero as a semi-clone but that's about it.
The definition of an echo fighter is that they can reuse a majority of the animations of the original and have very similar body structures.

I believe this could be pulled off with Scorp and Subz. Heck, even their specials. Spear and Iceball could be easily built from the same animation. As could ice clone and scorpion’s teleport. And what self respecting MK character wouldn’t have the series trademark overpowered uppercuts as an upB.

I still think they would work really well in this way. They’d be as different at an echo fighter possibly can be. But it would work. And I’ve been playing the series consistently since 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom