• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think that, while the support is nice, if Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom IS reading this the last thing they want to be reminded of is the incoming disaster. I know I would be coming here in a situation like that for a bit of distraction. Maybe we should resume the normal discourse?
Pretty sure with all this tagging, no doubt they would feel a biiiit overwhelmed. its like when weather stations keep remind me that Virginia Beach is under tornado warning

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A very interesting watch

You can just feel the love and effort Sakurai and his team put into the character animation.

also, please don't take this a Sora tease.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A very interesting watch

You can just feel the love and effort Sakurai and his team put into the character animation.

also, please don't take this a Sora tease.
What do ya know, I’m actually animating right now. It’s just way to fun.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I mean. The Mario movie and theme park rights are going to Universal and not Disney. That probably means something.
I still doubt that means they hate each other. You have to choose one company or another to make the film. Ultimately, it doesn’t come down to bias.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean. The Mario movie and theme park rights are going to Universal and not Disney. That probably means something.
I wouldn't say they necessarily hate Disney, moreso that they felt better off with Universal.

Like I mentioned earlielr Disney and Nintedo have had a pretty okay relationship. Even more than just Wreck-it-Ralph and the Disney games like I mentioned earlier.

More recently, there was a Nintendo game show that aired on Disney XD. Oh and speaking of which, Disney XD has had the Pokemon anime distribution rights since 2016

Actually, Nintendo and Disney go way back. Back in their pre video game days, Ninendo obtained the rights to use Disney characters on their playing cards. It was a pretty sucseful endeavor.

Oh, and apparently Miyamoto is a huge Disney fan, and the Legend of Zelda took heavy inspiration from their interpretation of Peter Pan

The only reason I could see them being uncomfortable with Disney, is the fact they were the distributors of the 1993 Super Mario Bros movie. Other than that, I'd say their relationship's been pretty good for the most part.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I obviously have my own Smash opinions, but I don't see Shantae happening as DLC.

A Mii Fighter? Sure. Full fighter? Don't see it.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, I'm personally not expecting any indie characters

If we couldn't get the modern poster boy of indies with Sans, I personally don't see anyone else standing a chance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I obviously have my own Smash opinions, but I don't see Shantae happening as DLC.

A mii fighter would take away everything she’s known for like magic and transformations and her hair whip. Even her dances

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I don't see her happening as DLC either, but I still think that if we ever get an indie character in Smash Bros, Shantae should be the first choice.

Quote/Curly Brace would be nice too, though.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A mii fighter would take away everything she’s known for like magic and transformations and her hair whip. Even her dances
Same could be said for a character like Isaac, yet here we are.

I don't see her happening as DLC either, but I still think that if we ever get an indie character in Smash Bros, Shantae should be the first choice.

Quote/Curly Brace would be nice too, though.
I never thought of Shantae as a true big deal, from my admittedly average knowledge of Indie titles. My indie pick would be Shovel Knight, but even so I'd love a Mii Fighter costume for him during the 2nd DLC pass.

There's actually a lot of potential for Mii Fighters going forward now.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Why do people think Silver the Hedgehog and Rosalina are somewhat similar? Like, I don't see it but then again, I wear glasses so I'm almost blind.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokémon X & Y are six years old today.

To be completely honest they’re not my favorite Pokémon games, I always felt they were a little rough around the edges, but they were the series’ jump to 3D. And I’ll always have fond memories of playing it for hours on end.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shantae deserves to be the first indie rep in Smash Bros.
A) no one “deserves” a slot
B) if someone does, it’s Shovel Knight.
I agree.

She seems likley outside the pass imo.
Shantae would be great. But she’s.... the Sonic of indie games. Big. But not #1.
Yeah, I'm personally not expecting any indie characters

If we couldn't get the modern poster boy of indies with Sans, I personally don't see anyone else standing a chance.
You spelled Shovel Knight wrong.

D

Deleted member

But sans is in smash. I couldn’t even tell if he’s a costume or not. It looks like an actual fighter model

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I rather have her stay as a spirit rather than have her moveset wasted on a brawler costume
That's a fair opinion for sure, but I'm certain many fans would love a costume. To each their own I guess.

Like I said, a Shovel Knight costume would get me super hyped.

I also don't think Sans getting a Mii costume means we're getting an Indie fighter next. I think Mii costumes are the next closest thing to playable, and that's why Sans got the costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom