• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Watched a couple of Lost Tapes episodes on YouTube, shame there's no 4th season.
If there was a fourth season, pick 1 or either 2 monsters you would put in?

My choices would both be Burrunjor and Bunyip, cause i live in Australia. And I wouldn't mind watching these episodes.
(One's a water dwelling beast, the other a dinosaur back from extinction.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't Noipoi say something about leaving the internet for a bit while he waits out Pokemon Sw/Sh spoilers? I assume that's what he was talking about. In that case farewell Noipoi Noipoi good luck with staying unspoiled and see you after Sw/Sh drops!
08F88266-1141-44B1-B3D1-17F2E0C4793E.png

Noipoi? More like bye, boy!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I absolutely loathed raising Chao strong enough to win all of the racing events and karate. Can't believe that the garden was where I spent the majority of my playtime back when I was young lol.

I'd argue that both of the kart levels were pretty awful, too, at least when going for all of the emblems. The controls were booty and the missions where you weren't allowed to touch a single wall...ugh.
To be honest, the Kart Levels weren't actually difficult even then. Well, avoiding the walls isn't too hard due to a lack of a time limit. Getting max time is a bit more difficult in comparison to just finishing it. Hard Mode is obviously a pain. I've found getting 100 Rings a far worse task overall than avoiding the walls in general. Mission Street, Shadow's last level(I always forget if it was Final Rush or another name), Meteor Herd, and Security Hall are four of the most difficult ones to gather those rings in. Though at least you can get lucky in some Treasure Hunting stages due to random digging. They feel a bit easier to pull it off by default.

Some of the Chao stuff was cool in itself, but yeah, it got tedious fast.

D

Deleted member

Without the gauntlet. Thanos would crumble into a heap of fear mentally breaking down in King Ghidorah's presence. :smirk:

One who felt remorse for his actions (Killing his daughter) against one that doesn't feel remorse. Whose the true mad titan now.
Of course Thanos would lose without the gauntlet. It'd completely nerf him. That's like taking away King Ghidorah's size and saying Thanos would clap him easy without it lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So er... I was just now gifted both a PS2 and a PS1 (Yeah, was also given a whole PS1 due to this exact PS2's backwards compatibility going whack or something) with a couple of games.

Mostly B or C Tier games, with the exceptions of Crash 2 and Ratchet and Clank, believe it or not. Excited to try those out.

Anyways, do any of y'all got recommendations for either PS2 or PS1 games I can nab for small amounts of dough?

Gonna be tagging SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 assuming she's the PlayStation expert here.

Also, rip Noi, this site won't be the same without him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So er... I was just now gifted both a PS2 and a PS1 (Yeah, was also given a whole PS1 due to this exact PS2's backwards compatibility going whack or something) with a couple of games.

Mostly B or C Tier games, with the exceptions of Crash 2 and Ratchet and Clack, believe it or not. Can't wait to try those out.

Anyways, do any of y'all got recommendations for either PS2 or PS1 games I can nab for small amounts of dough?

Gonna be tagging SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 assuming she's the PlayStation expert here.
The Sly Cooper trilogy. You can get used copies for all 3 games for around $30 in total.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, who's gonna be the main protagonist of the smashboards anime now?
Nah this is like an off-season for the Smashboards Anime before it goes into it's third and final saga: "The Post-FP Saga"

How long will the final third season go for? Who knows but this is an off-season for it as Sakurai needs time to set it all up.

Slime Master

Smash Ace

Mostly B or C Tier games, with the exceptions of Crash 2 and Ratchet and Clack, believe it or not. Excited to try those out.

Also, rip Noi, this site won't be the same without him
Kind of an obvious choice but the original Spyro trilogy is fantastic.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Righty, let's reveal the next AMAs, shall we?

'kay, so our first name for next week is....
allison!

And our second one is
Taylor F!
If both are available and cool with it, expect their AMAs to be up next Sunday and Thursday respectively.

And if any of y'all aren't already on the list of upcoming AMA subjects and would like to be a part of one in the future, please let me know, and I'll add you.
i painstakingly cultivated a brand on a super smash bros forum site and ruined it by leaving for several months, AMA

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've always thought it was funny how unapologetically inspired Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are by Banjo-Kazooie. Which is funny because I'm pretty sure Crash and Spyro were inspired by Sonic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"I don't play FEH, **** IVs."

*Halloween Illyana EXISTS*
Well now isn’t a bad time to start. Ivs don’t matter, most free units can carry every challenge without any additional build. Plus there is a lot of free stuff you’d be getting for joining

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty sure my account's banned since I made an account on launch day via emulator, pulled 2 5stars and played the hell out of it and.....banned lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've always thought it was funny how unapologetically inspired Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are by Banjo-Kazooie. Which is funny because I'm pretty sure Crash and Spyro were inspired by Sonic.
Were they? I get they are all duos, but I can't think of any gameplay reasons as to why Ratchet and Clank are. It's more shooting based as they wanted to do that and couldn't with Spyro. Cause even the hover pack could just be based on Spyro's flight. I can see it with Jak and Daxter for sure, since the first game was far more open the course styled Crash games.

Crash is for sure inspired by Sonic. But I remember Spyro being more of a response to Mario 64.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Were they? I get they are all duos, but I can't think of any gameplay reasons as to why Ratchet and Clank are. It's more shooting based as they wanted to do that and couldn't with Spyro. Cause even the hover pack could just be based on Spyro's flight. I can see it with Jak and Daxter for sure, since the first game was far more open the course styled Crash games.

Crash is for sure inspired by Sonic. But I remember Spyro being more of a response to Mario 64.
I was talking character design wise not necessarily gameplay. Should've made that clear.

There was only one animal buddy duo before the start of the 6th Generation. I mean I guess neither of then are two animals like B-K but I'm sure you get the point

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When you and the gang are all Jumping and Shooting.

I was talking character design wise not necessarily gameplay. Should've made that clear.

There was only one animal buddy duo before the start of the 6th Generation. I mean I guess neither of then are two animals like B-K but I'm sure you get the point
Yeah, the character dynamic was likely borrowed from B&K. Closest before those two would be DK/Diddy, Mario/Yoshi or Mega Man/Rush. Not none of them have their gameplay rely on each other like B&K do.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
it was a stupid slip I wasnt thinkin when I made the post.
Don't sweat it. I was just screwing around. I've gotten spoiled on way worse. I am kind of shocked though. The most depressing part I've gotten so far is the Guard at the gate who you have to deliver a letter for telling me about his dad.

Still, cool to hear that it goes hardcore later on. Lol

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't sweat it. I was just screwing around. I've gotten spoiled on way worse. I am kind of shocked though. The most depressing part I've gotten so far is the Guard at the gate who you have to deliver a letter for telling me about his dad.

Still, cool to hear that it goes hardcore later on. Lol
Yo fam I was actually feelin hella bad pfff
oh but theres more too but I feel Id give away the quest for sure because there is no way to talk about it without naming people.

All you need to know is its saaaad

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well now isn’t a bad time to start. Ivs don’t matter, most free units can carry every challenge without any additional build. Plus there is a lot of free stuff you’d be getting for joining
Despite FE being the only VG series I have a CIB collection of, I still have yet to play or try out Heroes. Ialsohaveyettoplaymylaunchcopyofthreehouses

I did try out Pokemon Masters, but so far the gacha element has turned me off a fair amount. The presentation and fanservice is great, but the rewards to keep playing are bare. I don't know how they, or the other Nintendo gacha games, would compare?

StormC

Smash Hero
Had a pretty crappy week so with the Pokemon news I decided to start replaying Platinum to treat myself and I'm remembering all over again how much I love gen 4.

Pretty great to have half of my planned team (Turtwig, Zubat, Psyduck) before i even get to the first badge. That said, I forgot about one of the early rival battles and only had Turtwig, got Growl spammed at me, and could barely make a dent in Chimchar with Tackle. I won with a critical hit... with 1 HP left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom