• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So I was thinking about this.

How would you feel if boarderlands got a rep in smash, likely the vault hunter.
It'd probably be Lilith though I'd vastly prefer FL4K or Amara.
They'd be neat either way, as long as we get this

D

Deleted member

So er... I was just now gifted both a PS2 and a PS1 (Yeah, was also given a whole PS1 due to this exact PS2's backwards compatibility going whack or something) with a couple of games.

Mostly B or C Tier games, with the exceptions of Crash 2 and Ratchet and Clank, believe it or not. Excited to try those out.

Anyways, do any of y'all got recommendations for either PS2 or PS1 games I can nab for small amounts of dough?

Gonna be tagging @SnakeFighter64 assuming she's the PlayStation expert here.

Also, rip Noi, this site won't be the same without him
Not sure into what kinda genres you are, so I'm just gonna list various stuff. For starters, there are the four "mascots" of Playstation, so to say: Crash, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Dexter. Other big names include GTA and Driver, but if you're more into straight up racing, Gran Tourismo and Test Drive, maybe Destruction Derby as well, if that's something for you or Wipeout, if you like futuristic racing games. If you're into more cinematic plattformers (like Another World) there's, for example, Heart of Darkness and Oddworld. I can't give any sport game recommendations, because it's not something I care much about, but I've always enjoyed Adidas Power Soccer, as it lets you turn off cards and (mostly) the referee, making it feel like a proto Mario Strikers. SSX Tricky was also pretty fun.

For RPGs, there's obviously Final Fantasy, but also Suidoken, Digimon World and Grandia, as well as the more niche Koudelka/Shadow Hearts. And that brings us to horror, also stuff like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, though Dino Crisis has also become something of a cult classic. And speaking of, Myst is also a classic if you like first person exploration.

Lastly plattformers. I've briefly touched upon them at the beginning, but will go into slightly more detail here. A pretty good one is Mickey Mania for 2d ones, though it does get pretty hard. And speaking of Disney, I did enjoy Hercules quite a bit, too. Croc and Jumping Flash are also worth a look, if only to see how 3d games have evolved by now. The former is a pretty linear one from a time where tank controls were more common, while the latter is an early case of having more open and exploration based stages.

I'd also recommend Castlevania SOTN, but you're better of getting it digitally somewhere because it's really expensive. There's also Chronicles, but it's merely a remake.

Of course this is just scratching the tip of the iceberg and also just from the top of my head. The PS1 and PS2 got a lot of support, which sadly also means a lot of shovelware to dig through. But I think it's well worth it.

• Crash
  • Spyro
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Jak & Dexter
  • Croc
  • Jumping Flash
  • Mickey Mania
  • Hercules
  • Castlevania
  • GTA
  • Driver
  • Gran Tourismo
  • Test Drive
  • Destruction Derby
  • Wipeout
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Oddworld
  • Adidas Power Soccer
  • SSX Tricky
  • Final Fantasy
  • Suidoken
  • Digimon World
  • Grandia
  • Koudelka/Shadow Hearts
  • Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Dino Crisis
  • Myst
  • Rainbow Island
  • Puzzle Bobble

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have an idea for a movie where a person gets into so many accidents over the course of their life and so many of their body parts get replaced by cybernetics that they eventually turn entirely into a robot.
That's literally just the Tin Man.

D

Deleted member

Literally found out today that Marvel Stans didn't like Endgame.
View attachment 240739
Like, guys you can't honestly tell me that there was a way to wrap up a 10-year 23-movie long story better than Endgame. Fan service was off the charts, the movie had real stakes and relatable trauma, it dared ask the question of what would the heroes do if they lost and how would they fix it, it gave us the most exceptional final act to ever be put on film, and you're telling me it was bad? Nah, **** off.
There was nothing I found to be disappointed about unless all you were expecting were the heroes to punch Thanos for 3 hours instead of one orgasmic one.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So I'll have my PS4 stream the event since it's nice for background noise and so that I can still see any potential reveals while also being on my phone.

So far only a Pikachu.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Some fungi 'mon popped up. Little grey things with three small mushrooms at the top of three stem-like protrusions of their head.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That's Morelull.

I've been watching this for like 10 minutes and I'm already bored.

Also, is it just my bad internet or those floating particle effects don't even loop correctly? lol

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The first rule of a digital yule log is to make it visually interesting. The second is to pick a good backing track.

The fact that they're failing at both of those after giving a week's notice is pretty bad lol.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah. I think it's supposed to be relaxing but that just makes people want to go back to sleep lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BORING!

I was expecting something interesting at the start of this stream but this is really starting to sound like a dumb idea.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? Do you have to be THAT guy?

Just let people be hyped, jeez.
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal to me.

Since like X and Y, it's been pretty clear that Game Freak doesn't know what they want to do with Pokemon as a whole.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At this point, they should've just posted the usual 3 minute video instead of whatever this snoozefest is

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I haven't seen the Pokemon livestream yet but I'm gonna assume from the replies in this thread that it's been a terrible experience so far.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Tbh I'm treating this like an exhibit at the aquarium. Leave it on a monitor, hope something happens while you're around. For someone on the more apathetic side, it's good.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If there is something new, then it should be made obvious when it happens because they appear for like all of 5 seconds before leaving and it's all been ones we've seen before

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Phantump apparently just got confirmed, according to Serebii's play by play.

At least it's not a total personal loss for me, lol.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, hypothetically, a new reveal every hour would probably be manageable without giving too much away if they're still being conservative with their content.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Haven't watched any of the stream yet and it sounds like not a whole lot's going on, but I'm confident they'll reveal the truth behind the Kennedy assassination at 3am when nobody's watching

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Imagine if a Smash invitation falls on the ground and lays there for an entire hour or more untouched-

wait did i just come up with a way to reveal the final dlc fighter

just have a stream where a smash envelope just sits on the floor, and everyone is waiting in anticipation for who picks it up

even more hilarious if nintendo had characters walk by it but not pick it up, just to make it even more oddly intense

D

Deleted member

That 5 second music loop is so damn obnoxious. It's like they wanted to make something atmospheric but then had to add the relatively loud bells to it at the end. That just ain't the way to go.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That 5 second music loop is so damn obnoxious. It's like they wanted to make something atmospheric but then had to add the relatively loud bells to it at the end. That just ain't the way to go.
For real. Like I said, it's fine if they want to do a yulelog styled stream, but my god if you're going to do that you NEED good background music.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They are a bit annoying. Should have just added some foliage. Pokéfoliage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom