• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yo fam I was actually feelin hella bad pfff
oh but theres more too but I feel Id give away the quest for sure because there is no way to talk about it without naming people.

All you need to know is its saaaad
Ayy, sorry, was just a stupid joke. About how many hours are you in so far?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Despite FE being the only VG series I have a CIB collection of, I still have yet to play or try out Heroes. Ialsohaveyettoplaymylaunchcopyofthreehouses

I did try out Pokemon Masters, but so far the gacha element has turned me off a fair amount. The presentation and fanservice is great, but the rewards to keep playing are bare. I don't know how they, or the other Nintendo gacha games, would compare?
I haven’t played draglia most, but out of the other gacha.

Heroes hands down is done the best but that’s because they have had time to improve. Even at the start though, they were pretty generous, the rate of orbs we get and how much the cost of a pull are is pretty good.

For example heroes has one free summon on a banner, and occasionally( like the new harvest festival banner coming) they hand out five tickets for free. With each ticket equaling a free pull.

There’s five units you canter per season and each pull cost less the last one, so it takes 20 orbs to get five characters with a much higher chance at a five star then the other gacha.

Meanwhile masters has a super low five star rate, a much higher chance for you to not get what you want, and it cost 300 jewels to do one summon. Meanwhile you get 30 per stage, and 10 for story parts. With the occasional quest to earn 300 jewels for an event.

There was no celebration for the game reaching so many downloads either. Not to mention if you want a guaranteed five star you have to pay for gems which are counted separately from what you earn. Basically you get a lot less for what you pay, then say heroes would.

Also unlike masters, the f2p units in heroes can clear pretty much any challenge in the game and we always get more free units.

World tour suffers pretty much the same issues as masters, and animal crossing you really don’t have to pay and they don’t push you to pay as much as the former.

Out of the four I’ve played, heroes and pocket camp are great ways to do gacha.

I’d highly recommend trying heroes if your a fan, it’s easy to avoid paying, and there’s always plenty going on in it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The animation in this is really badass. I would really like another 2D Mega Man show, one that actually has an artstyle similar to the games. At least Battle Network and Starforce got that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So er... I was just now gifted both a PS2 and a PS1 (Yeah, was also given a whole PS1 due to this exact PS2's backwards compatibility going whack or something) with a couple of games.

Mostly B or C Tier games, with the exceptions of Crash 2 and Ratchet and Clack, believe it or not. Excited to try those out.

Anyways, do any of y'all got recommendations for either PS2 or PS1 games I can nab for small amounts of dough?

Gonna be tagging SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 assuming she's the PlayStation expert here.

Also, rip Noi, this site won't be the same without him
Assuming g you already know about the major third party stuff like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. you’re gonna wanna check out MediEvil 1 and 2, the Twisted Metal Games, the Ape Escape trilogy, obviously Jak, Sly, and Ratchet, Syphon Filter and Oddworld if your looking for a challenge, maybe try out Tekken 2 and 3 if you can stand to play retro fighting games, but Tekken 5 is also like, the best game in the series. Klonoa is a fun romp. There’s the Rayman trilogy, Gex trilogy, bothe Croc Games are fun (but flawed). Jumping Flash is a pretty good FPS about a robot rabbit. Legend of Dragoon is a pretty legendary RPG, as is Wild Arms. Intelligence Cube is probably the best case to go for puzzle game fix. I highly recommend the god of war series in its entirety, and you can play most of it on PS2. Obviously the Crash and Spyro ones (but try to stay away from the PS2 games from both series, with the exception being the Legend of Spyro trilogy. I recommend the hell out of that). For your rhythm fix you’ve got Parappa the Rapper, UmJammer Lammy, and Vib Ribbon. Racing games.... Wipeout, destruction derby, CTR, gran turismo, not much Racing unless you can stomach licensed games or realistic racing. Speaking of licensed games, Bug Bunny Lost in Time, Bugs Bunny and Taz: Time Busters, Toy Story 2, and Muppet Race Mania are all worth a look. Team Ico’s games are fun, if a little minimalist. But for the PS2 it’s hard to name stuff that isn’t well known third party franchises like DMC, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, Okami, Viewtiful Joe etc.

Also, if your interested, cause tracking these down could be expensive, look into and check out the Net Yaroze Games.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally found out today that Marvel Stans didn't like Endgame.
snake-on-computer-MGS-on-fire-burning-1438702695x.gif

Like, guys you can't honestly tell me that there was a way to wrap up a 10-year 23-movie long story better than Endgame. Fan service was off the charts, the movie had real stakes and relatable trauma, it dared ask the question of what would the heroes do if they lost and how would they fix it, it gave us the most exceptional final act to ever be put on film, and you're telling me it was bad? Nah, **** off.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay I know I'm pretty bad at this whole "staying away from this thread" thing but me and my sister just had an amazing discovery at the nearby 7-11 and I just had to share this with you all.

Gamer Gummies, for all your scrub-wrecking needs. Because nothing says "hello, fellow kids" like theming your gummy candies after game controllers and energy drinks.

Rise Up Gamers.

They actually taste awful don't buy them. And what does "energy drink flavored" even mean?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Literally found out today that Marvel Stans didn't like Endgame.
View attachment 240739
Like, guys you can't honestly tell me that there was a way to wrap up a 10-year 23-movie long story better than Endgame. Fan service was off the charts, the movie had real stakes and relatable trauma, it dared ask the question of what would the heroes do if they lost and how would they fix it, it gave us the most exceptional final act to ever be put on film, and you're telling me it was bad? Nah, **** off.
I mean, I wouldn’t consider myself a marvel Stan. But I really didn’t like Endgame. I thought everything about the snap and how they were forced to fix it (which in my opinion just made things worse for many people and failed to address the problems engendered for many more) was so depressing that it made it impossible for the hype moments to bring me back up to anything other than neutrality. I will admit to having a brief moment of joy when all the heroes reunited in the final battle, but it didn’t last long.

And this general state of depression about the world of these films has carried on to affect me in other post-Endgame movies if Spider-Man is any indication.

Edit: also, that GIF is disturbing.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Can anyone help me with 3DS problems?

I got a Nintendo 3DS in June 2011 (essentially a launch model) and played it as often as you would expect a 3DS to be played. The charger worked fine like always. In October 2017 I got a New 2DS XL that came with another charger.

In March 2019 my 3DS charger - the same one I always used since 2011 - stopped working. I shrugged it off and tossed it and started using the New 2DS one (which is compatible with both my 3DS and 2DS). Just today I tried it again and it's not giving a charge on either of my systems. Is this a common problem? Is it perhaps something in my 2DS (which I play almost exclusively nowadays over my 3DS) that is wrecking the chargers? They've accumulated no physical damage as far as I can tell. Anyone have a similar experience?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay I know I'm pretty bad at this whole "staying away from this thread" thing but me and my sister just had an amazing discovery at the nearby 7-11 and I just had to share this with you all.

Gamer Gummies, for all your scrub-wrecking needs. Because nothing says "hello, fellow kids" like theming your gummy candies after game controllers and energy drinks.

Rise Up Gamers.

They actually taste awful don't buy them. And what does "energy drink flavored" even mean?
Yeah, leave it to the game developers to get an accurate gauge of youth culture!!!

Goddammit :yoshi:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A couple of splash screens i made up.
20191004_173018.jpg

20191004_173518.jpg

20191004_174227.jpg

20191004_174710.jpg

20191004_175735.jpg

20191004_181130.jpg

20191004_200750.jpg
Lemme know what character/vehicle/inanimate object you want, and i will do a splash screen for it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm

Every Smash Character gets a DC superhero/villain cosplay costume. Who gets what?
Just DC? I'll try.

Mario: Superman
Luigi: Green Lantern
Link: Batman
Young Link: Robin
Mega Man: Blue Beetle
Pac-Man: Booster Gold
Sonic: Flash
Samus: Wonder Woman
Falco: Hawkman
Zelda: Raven
Ganon: Bane
Yoshi: Killer Croc
Donkey Kong: Gorilla Grodd
Ice Climbers: Wonder Twins
Bayonetta: Zatanna I guess

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm

Every Smash Character gets a DC superhero/villain cosplay costume. Who gets what?
There are way too many characters, so I'll just do Ultimate's newcomers we got until now.

:ultbanjokazooie:: Hawk and Dove
:ulthero:: Metal Men (Lead, Tin, Iron, and Mercury)
:ultjoker:: Firestorm
:ultpiranha:: Just gets Orion's chair
:ultincineroar:: A Red Lantern
:ultken:: Heatwave
:ultisabelle:: Oracle
:ultsimon:: Jason Blood
:ultrichter:: John Constantine
:ultdarksamus:: Silver Banshee
:ultchrom:: Arsenal
:ultdaisy:: Donna Troy
:ultkrool:: Penguin
:ultridley:: Bizarro
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:: Booster Gold and Blue Beetle

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hmmm

:ultkirby:: Matter-Eater Lad. (A guy that can eat anything.)
:ultkingdedede:: The Presence. (An extra-dimensional, omnipotence god, just alike the One Above All from Marvel.)
Note: The ball he's holding is the entirely of Creation itself.
The Presence.png

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:ultkirby:: Matter-Eater Lad (A guy that can eat anything.)
:ultkingdedede:: The Presence (An extra-dimensional, omnipotence god, similar to the One Above All from Marvel.)
Note: The ball he's holding is all of Creation itself.
View attachment 240748
I swear comic book writers and artists are the wackiest ****ing things.

Artist and Writer: Hey we came up with this idea for an awesome new character!

Exec: Awesome! Let me see it.

Artist and Writer: *Shows The Presence*

Exec: ...Is that The Monopoly man holding a sun?

Artist: Exactly! But here's why he's so cool!

Writer: The sun is actually all of CREATION and the Monopoly Man? HE'S THE GOD OF GODS!!

Exec: ...Dude.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Time to think about this hard
Thanks for some ideas osby osby and Knight Dude Knight Dude
Remember, this is cosplay. Not trying to say these characters could be like Alph or the Koopalings.
:ultmario: - Superman
:ultluigi: - Green Lantern
:ultpeach: - Harley Quinn
:ultdaisy: - Troia
:ultbowser: - Bane
:ultrosalina: - Big Barda
:ultbowserjr: - Metallo
:ultpiranha: - Swamp Thing
:ultdk: - Gorilla Grodd
:ultdiddy:- Red Hood
:ultkrool:- Killer Croc
:ultyoshi: - Krypto the Superdog (Yoshi in a furry dog onsie is cuteness incarnate)
:ultwario: - Lex Luthor
:ultlink: - Green Arrow
:ultzelda: - Raven
:ultsheik: - Nightwing
:ultganondorf: - Darkseid
:ultyounglink: - Robin
:ulttoonlink: - Red Tornado (controls the wind)
:ultsamus: - Wonder Woman
:ultzss: - Cheetah
:ultridley: - Bizarro
:ultdarksamus: - Circe
:ultkirby: - Matter Eater Lad
:ultmetaknight: - Batman
:ultkingdedede: - Ra’s Al Ghul
:ultfox: - Black Manta
:ultfalco: - Deadshot
:ultwolf: - Lobo
:ultpikachu: - Black Lightning
:ultjigglypuff: - Black Canary
:ultpichu: - Static
:ultmewtwo: - Brainiac
:ultpokemontrainer: - Amanda Waller
:ultsquirtle: - Captain Boomerang
:ultivysaur: - Bronze Tiger
:ultcharizard: - Blockbuster
(Pokémon Trainer is the Suicide Squad)
:ultlucario: - The Atom
:ultgreninja: - Ocean Master
:ultincineroar: - Atrocitus
:ultness: - Martian Manhunter
:ultlucas: - Sinestro
:ultfalcon: - Booster Gold
:ulticeclimbers: - Wonder Twins
:ultmarth: - Aquaman
:ultlucina: - Starfire
:ultroy: - Firestorm
:ultchrom: - Arsenal
:ultike: - Deathstroke
:ultrobin: - Dr. Fate
:ultcorrinf: - Aqualad
:ultgnw: - Plastic Man
:ultpit: - Hawkman
:ultpalutena: - Trigon
:ultdarkpit: - Black Condor
:ultolimar: - Poison Ivy
:ultrob: - Cyborg
:ultvillager: - Doomsday
:ultisabelle: - Oracle
:ultwiifittrainer: - Catwoman
:ultlittlemac: - Wildcat
:ultshulk: - Two-Face
:ultduckhunt: - The Penguin
:ultinkling: - Captain Cold
:ultsnake: - Copperhead
:ultsonic: - The Flash
:ultmegaman: - Blue Beetle
:ultpacman: - John Constantine
:ultryu: - Vandal Savage
:ultken: - Heatwave
:ultcloud: - Shazam
:ultbayonetta: - Zatanna
:ultsimon: - Jason Blood
:ultrichter: - Deadman
:ultjoker: - Joker
:ulthero: - Metal Men (that idea was super funny! Thanks Knight Dude Knight Dude )
:ultbanjokazooie: - Hawk and Dove
:ult_terry: - Beast Boy

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have an idea for a movie where a person gets into so many accidents over the course of their life and so many of their body parts get replaced by cybernetics that they eventually turn entirely into a robot.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I have an idea for a movie where a person gets into so many accidents over the course of their life and so many of their body parts get replaced by cybernetics that they eventually turn entirely into a robot.
If all _arts of them are re_laced, can they be said to be the same _erson?

If they do change, when is that _oint when they become something new: is there a sudden moment, or is it once they've lost the last of their original _arts?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If all _arts of them are re_laced, can they be said to be the same _erson?

If they do change, when is that _oint when they become something new: is there a sudden moment, or is it once they've lost the last of their original _arts?
The point is that they don’t really “change”. They’re still them. They’re just a robot now. But it’s been happening for so long that being at least partly artificial is a significant part of who they are. It’s supposed to be deep and ask questions about like, the nature of humanity and the self.

It comes to a head when their brain is “repaired” with a bandits cluster that functions the same way as brain matter and interacts with the organic compounds. But eventually the nanites reproduce more than the neurons and their brain becomes artificial, despite the fact that it contains all the same data and personality as the organic one.

Are they the same person? Are they different? Are they even still alive? These are like, the things it’s supposed to make you think about.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The point is that they don’t really “change”. They’re still them. They’re just a robot now. It’s supposed to be deep and ask questions about like, the nature of humanity and the self.
Isn't this just that old the Ship of Theseus thought experiment?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I was thinking about this.

How would you feel if boarderlands got a rep in smash, likely the vault hunter.

D

Deleted member

So I was thinking about this.

How would you feel if boarderlands got a rep in smash, likely the vault hunter.
Disappointed. Borderlands is cool and all, but like literally all the other characters in the dlc so far, they just don't appeal to me, having never played said characters games.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The point is that they don’t really “change”. They’re still them. They’re just a robot now. But it’s been happening for so long that being at least partly artificial is a significant part of who they are. It’s supposed to be deep and ask questions about like, the nature of humanity and the self.

It comes to a head when their brain is “repaired” with a bandits cluster that functions the same way as brain matter and interacts with the organic compounds. But eventually the nanites reproduce more than the neurons and their brain becomes artificial, despite the fact that it contains all the same data and personality as the organic one.

Are they the same person? Are they different? Are they even still alive? These are like, the things it’s supposed to make you think about.
So a fusion of Robocop and Ex Machina, right?

An Alex Murphy like character explored in a narrative akin to Ex Machina I mean

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning, guys! Currently waiting for the Pokemon livestream to start.

WOOO HOO! Prepare to be disappointed in Gamefreak's terrible game design for 20 years and counting!(well, maybe closer to 5, honestly)
Dude, come on. Just let people be excited for it, there's no need to be so pessimistic about it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I hope we get something good today. Can't be there all day so I hope I can catch it when it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom