• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If any of you who haven't heard of a Gippsland Earthworm here's what they look like:
(They can grow up to 9 feet long.)
unnamed.jpg

The thing she's holding is the Worm itself
images (10).jpeg

There's some blue colored ones as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it's more about how E gadd has never been in anything outside luigi's mansion, atleast I don't think he has. I think he deserves to appear in a spin off or two.
Mario Party 6 you uncultured swine.

Easily the best game in the series, no one @ me on that

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
GI Joe Extreme is the most 90's thing I've seen in a minute. But I really dig the shading in the opening.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just how many Assassins there are?
If they did add one, it probably should just be Ezio, since he's the one people actually give a **** about from a character perspective.

Altair
Ezio
Connor
Edward the Pirate
Black Lady
British Twins
Greek Duo
Egyptian Man

I genuinely don't remember the names of too many of them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ew. I actually don't like that. I waste enough money on one game as it is. $120 is a bit much unless the versions are radically different.
It seems like the Gyms being really different from each other between versions is a means of accomplishing that.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
My Switch is just straight up mother****ing dead. Gonna have to arrange a funeral later.
It just ran out of power.
e51b14fcd869fa0a13dca08a4f294d7f9bc4f1573dad423de54172469c72f38e.jpg

Anyway, have you guys heard about this supposed 4chan leak that says BotW 2 is coming in January 2021, launching beside the "Switch 2" (which I assume is supposed to be the Switch Pro). The "leak" says the title is "Breath of the Darkness."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Didn't the FIRST game come out earlier this year??? I swear, these rushed anime games get more trashy the second. This is why I'm always skeptical about Namco and fighting games, I don't care how beautiful Tekken might be.

D

Deleted member

Since discussion is going pretty slow, I'd like to ask you a question!

Who's your favorite villan in any media, plot-wise?

Personally, for me, this guy is my favorite(minor spoilers for Buddyfight)
1570150908577.png

He pretty much used to be a normal person(and a friend of the MC) until a certain someone(COUGH COUGH, this guy!)
started feeding on his negative emotions(via the MC getting a Buddy Monster, while he didn't, but did actually)

The reason why I like him as a villain is because he's just a normal, regular guy who happens to have been playing for a long time, But when his friend gets a Buddy Rare from his first pack, he slowly starts to drive towards the path of evil, somewhat, and pretty much becomes the antagonist for the rest of the show.
It plays on the trope of "MC getting depressed and mad for a side character doing X" while never actually invoking said trope directly(only directly mentioning depression and other negative emotions towards the end of the show as a minor plot point)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

i mean you said plot-wise

otherwise my favorite villain is probably a mix between griffith and ganondorf
It's a joke about how that guy(Valentime, I think?) is canonly the president during Part 7(6? not caught up on jojo yet)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

View attachment 240714
He pretty much used to be a normal person(and a friend of the MC) until a certain someone(COUGH COUGH, this guy!)
started feeding on his negative emotions(via the MC getting a Buddy Monster, while he didn't, but did actually)

The reason why I like him as a villain is because he's just a normal, regular guy who happens to have been playing for a long time, But when his friend gets a Buddy Rare from his first pack, he slowly starts to drive towards the path of evil, somewhat, and pretty much becomes the antagonist for the rest of the show.
It plays on the trope of "MC getting depressed and mad for a side character doing X" while never actually invoking said trope directly(only directly mentioning depression and other negative emotions towards the end of the show as a minor plot point)
He's got a really weird case of "evil middle-aged anime mom" face. Haha

D

Deleted member

Quick question, I usually go to a Halloween Party to celebrate Halloween and I usually dress up into a costume so I would like an opinion on who I should go as cause I would be fine with both: Sans or Geno?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's a joke about how that guy(Valentime, I think?) is canonly the president during Part 7(6? not caught up on jojo yet)
yeah i know, i was just elaborating. plot-wise griffith is a **** and overall terrible person because [REDACTED], and ganon's character changes so much during games cause timelines lol

jobin is also a pretty good jojo antagonist story-wise, but part 8 hasn't ended yet.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have to say, and I never thought I’d say this, I’m actually looking forward to the fact that this’ll probably be the last Smash game I speculate and actively dump a ton of time into.

Like, obviously it’s my favorite series ever. But while I joined the site when I was a college freshman, I can tell already that I’m basically the “old man” of the social thread, regardless of age. My opinions are seemingly different from quite a few folks (even though there are many who share those opinions, no doubt).

By the next Smash, I’ll be god knows how old. It’s not as though I feel childish posting here or anything. I’ve just realized that by the time DLC is done, I may be 28 years old. Time flies, my dudes. Crazy. If the next Smash is 5-6 years out, of not later, I’d be almost 35. It makes me feel ancient, especially when I remember playing SSB64 as a kindergartner.

I embrace being the old man. But boy, does it actually make me feel old. Or maybe I’m just being ridiculous and too existential right now.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Didn't the FIRST game come out earlier this year??? I swear, these rushed anime games get more trashy the second. This is why I'm always skeptical about Namco and fighting games, I don't care how beautiful Tekken might be.
To be fair to Tekken, they actually spend years in development.

For Namco's anime games, most of them are rushed to all hell. The only exception to this is DBFZ, which was in the works for a hot minute. Though the Budokai games at least saw honest improvement in it's gameplay between 1, 2 and 3. Infinite World's got even crazier stuff.

I want to say the last MHA game came out last year, but I didn't play it so I can't say I cared. And I'll likely skip this one too.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

View attachment 240714

Light Yagami.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Favorite villain?
****, tough one, so many of them. K. Rool and Ridley I absolutely adore but I feel are too predictable. I love Shao Kahn too, along with Shang Tsung recently going up. Balrog from Street Fighter is somewhere up there. Yoshikage Kira and Funny Valentine are up there as well. Tall Man from Phantasm, Leatherface. Frieza too. Can't forget King Ghidorah. Hm...

Guess I go with this boy since his role was ultimately antagonistic.
250px-Diego_Brando.png

He's a bit anti-hero but honestly I have a figure of him. He's one of my favorite characters in fiction period.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Light Yagami.
Light Yagami's one of my favorite fictional characters in general. His fall from grace is amazing.

He's definitely my favorite anime villain, by far.

My favorite villain of all-time though is Heath Ledger's Joker. Brilliant performance, scariest villain ever. Amazing; all of him is amazing.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
My favorite villain? I guess it's a tie between Dr. Eggman and King K. Rool. I just like how Eggman balances his evilness with his comicalness, and K. Rool is just awesome. I always liked him since day one, for being cruel and a psychopath of a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom