• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the only thing it could logically be is a Mii costume.
the problem with the mii costume is that steve is a ****ing block man

it would have to quite literally be like this

1559804327771.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
TIL a lot of snakes moves actually do have origins

and they're from the goddamn GCN MGS remake and all of its wonky crazy *** cutscenes of anime kickflips
Really? I figured just his jab, a couple throws and explosives were the only actual references. And everything else had to be made up.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
the problem with the mii costume is that steve is a ****ing block man

it would have to quite literally be like this
Maybe they’ll unbox the limbs kind of like this, which was the first picture that showed up when I googled “Steve costume”
2AD647C3-1B92-4BE4-A3E8-4F80340F46F2.jpeg

You could have default Steve costume for the Mii Brawler and have Diamond armored Steve with a Diamond sword for a Mii Sword Fighter. Don’t know enough about modern Minecraft to see if anything fits for a Mii Gunner.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Mfw banjo gets in and some incredibly sore winners give me **** for daring to dislike the franchise as a whole and won't allow me to feel disappointed
View attachment 226203
That's okay. Everybody has a character they dislike or don't care for, you're perfectly fine if you'd be disappointed. At least you don't parade your disappointment around and try to shove it down everybody's throats, like a certain someone on this site known for their repeat bans.

Shroob

Sup?
That's okay. Everybody has a character they dislike or don't care for, you're perfectly fine if you'd be disappointed. At least you don't parade your disappointment around and try to shove it down everybody's throats, like a certain someone on this site known for their repeat bans.
This could be half the site tbh.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yoshi about to go in

Smash 4 promotional screenshots were some of the best parts of that game's hype cycle. I don't know how they came up with that much gold.

Now onward, noble steed! Let us ride off into the horizon. The princess awaits!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
vergeben, quite possibly not having a clue, out here like

View attachment 226202
Honestly I think this is exactly what’s happening. He was so against banjo before but now convently when other insiders with good track records mention him, verge suddenly says the bear is 99 percent in?

It just doesn’t check out.
What I wanna know is:

Who REALLY is VR Plant?

Only papagenos papagenos knows, and he ain't talkin'.
It’s obviously a real plant. You think someone would just lie on the internet like that?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Maybe they’ll unbox the limbs kind of like this, which was the first picture that showed up when I googled “Steve costume”

You could have default Steve costume for the Mii Brawler and have Diamond armored Steve with a Diamond sword for a Mii Sword Fighter. Don’t know enough about modern Minecraft to see if anything fits for a Mii Gunner.
We've got top tier material right here.

Also, in french, Verge is a very classy word for "penis", wich is appropriate considering that he's known to be kind of a ****.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm struggling to think of a specific user that fits your description here. I can think of plenty of people who were/still are mad about Bayonetta and the Plant but not anyone getting banned for it

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So reading all that Banjo stuff, always remember to hype irresponsibly

Like, c'mon, where's the fun in E3 if wild expectations aren't met or, perish the thought, dashed - thus causing a Spiral Mountain's worth of salt? E3s are all about them highs and lows, not the sensible inbetweens.

Take it from my main man ROB. Below, in his boring Smash 4 render, he asks us to 'hype responsibly'

But by the time Ultimate kicks in? ...

... he's a changed robot, and realises the futility of sensible predictions and realistic expectations. Instead, he's ready to dance - for the hype or for the ensuing salt. Be like ROB.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So here's a ****ing weird coincidence.

Glitch theory.

'Member back when the game came out how Bowser Jr., Mii Sword and Duck Hunt broke certain modes?

Only to later realize Bowser Jr. was used as a basis for Plant?

Well, Mii Sword has basically nothing on Joker.

And who have we been talking about that would fit the two of them?

Like, I always thought that the idea of Duck Hunt as a base for Banjo Kazooie to be ****ing stupid but....

We're staring down a barrel of a gun called Erdrick+Banjo right now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Glitch theory.

'Member back when the game came out how Bowser Jr., Mii Sword and Duck Hunt broke certain modes?

Like, I always thought that the idea of Duck Hunt as a base for Banjo Kazooie to be ****ing stupid but....

I disregard any and all types of theories because they are painfully stupid

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mfw banjo gets in and some incredibly sore winners give me **** for daring to dislike the franchise as a whole and won't allow me to feel disappointed
View attachment 226203
I will allow you to feel however you want. Just try not to be a party pooper. I understand if you’re disappointed, and with the Wars and all I can’t exactly ask you to just be happy for the people who did get what they want because, well, many of us (including me) were real Glomgolds about it. Which was always dumb to begin with. I don’t know why I got so hostile about it. And for what it’s worth, I am very sorry about it.

Hey, maybe if they announce a new banjo project they can win you over! I understand your previous complaints were that of controls and level design. Even a remake collection could easily fix this. And most Banjo fans really love the games for their worlds and characters, or at least that’s why I love it. It’s just so charming. It feels like childhood nostalgia, and I only played it for the first time three years ago!

Shroob

Sup?
The fact of the matter is:

I never put much credence into the "Glitch" belief.

But we learned that Bowser Jr. was indeed being used as a base for Plant.

We never found Joker's, nor did we even know if he HAD one, but:

Now we're dealing with two potential DLC characters that match up with Mii Sword and Duck Hunt to be used as a basis.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay but consider:

Box theory was a theory and it happened, thus is can be stupid, but right.
God, I hated box theory. We couldn’t see so many characters on the thing (or at least I thought so). So the idea of there being only two characters left because of blank spaces on the box just felt... well why would all the newcomers be on the boy when not even all the vets are. I now know I was wrong in that assumption but it was still frustrating.

When I developed PSAS2 I’m revealing every character up front.... maybe. I’d actually LOVE to see the speculation scene for a game like that.

Shroob

Sup?
God, I hated box theory. We couldn’t see so many characters on the thing (or at least I thought so). So the idea of there being only two characters left because of blank spaces on the box just felt... well why would all the newcomers be on the boy when not even all the vets are. I now know I was wrong in that assumption but it was still frustrating.

When I developed PSAS2 I’m revealing every character up front.... maybe. I’d actually LOVE to see the speculation scene for a game like that.
As someone who actually had insider information, Box Theory was just confirming what people behind the scenes believed for months at that point.

People just didn't want to accept it or make up ways that there could be more like thinking some would be on the back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Glitch theory.

That was caused by counterfeit SD cards
I will allow you to feel however you want. Just try not to be a party pooper. I understand if you’re disappointed, and with the Wars and all I can’t exactly ask you to just be happy for the people who did get what they want because, well, many of us (including me) were real Glomgolds about it. Which was always dumb to begin with. I don’t know why I got so hostile about it. And for what it’s worth, I am very sorry about it.

Hey, maybe if they announce a new banjo project they can win you over! I understand your previous complaints were that of controls and level design. Even a remake collection could easily fix this. And most Banjo fans really love the games for their worlds and characters, or at least that’s why I love it. It’s just so charming. It feels like childhood nostalgia, and I only played it for the first time three years ago!
Oh no the writing and style are also problems I have with the franchise. I laugh at a lot of things but not "haha googley eyes, rhymes and sex jokes"

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My friend had a funny idea of the rest of the pass characters being revealed at various E3 conferences, so Nintendo, Bethesda, Microsoft, and Square all getting a trailer. Won't happen, but...

As for the Banjo leak, I'm gonna hype responsibly. But man, talk about a dream come true. As a kid I would daydream of characters being added to Smash 64 and the ones I wanted more than anyone else were Bomberman, Banjo-Kazooie, and Marina Liteyears, and to think we are living in a timeline where two out of three might be in the game in some capacity along with my modern most-wanted is just amazing. Funnily enough they're not really on my modern most-wanted list but it's kinda like K. Rool for me in that it'll just be neat.

As for stages I'm with others in that Spiral Mountain is iconic but somewhat boring of a pick. Grunty's Lair as a whole would be interesting but Witchyworld and Cloud Cuckooland are my favorite levels and Banjoland would be great especially with that music. The games are packed with fascinating worlds so it's hard to really pick one.

Anyway let's go Phoenix Wright for pack 4.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh no the writing and style are also problems I have with the franchise. I laugh at a lot of things but not "haha googley eyes, rhymes and sex jokes"
I think you're thinking of Plant crashing the game via All Star Mode.

Mii Sword and Duck Hunt were a crash when they used certain moves against one another.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The fact of the matter is:

I never put much credence into the "Glitch" belief.

But we learned that Bowser Jr. was indeed being used as a base for Plant.

We never found Joker's, nor did we even know if he HAD one, but:

Now we're dealing with two potential DLC characters that match up with Mii Sword and Duck Hunt to be used as a basis.
This is interesting.... I would imagine that they’ll corral this glitch by the time of character 4 and 5 but... it makes sense.

Though if BJ was used as a base for PP
As someone who actually had insider information, Box Theory was just confirming what people behind the scenes believed for months at that point.

People just didn't want to accept it or make up ways that there could be more like thinking some would be on the back.
Hey. I overestimated exactly how many characters he could make. I just thought their had to be more. Plus Incineroar and Ken were kind of lame picks to end on. We all predicted that when we heard it and felt it when it happened.

Maybe things would have gone better if he was like “we can only do X more characters” instead of “don’t expect too many newcomers”.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
idk about you but its pretty hard to like something you never even liked at all in the first place
I feel like it’s happened to me before. But I don’t remember what it was.... I thought the idea of Ninja Turtles was really stupid till I actually watched the 2012 show and fell in love... not really the same thing.... i’ll keep thinking.

Ok. That’s fine. Not everyone can like everything. I just REALLY like it and kind of have this base urge to share the joy.

Shroob

Sup?
This is the first I heard of that. I understood that those two crashed the game with All Star Mode too
They crashed it in two ways.

Regardless, we know for a fact that :ultbowserjr:was used as a base for :ultpiranha: for.........reasosn? They're both in a thing?

And right now, the big rumor is "Erdrick+Banjo"

Do I think they're confirmed? Absolutely not, but at the same time:

:ultswordfighter::ultduckhunt:

They make sense as a base if Bowser Jr. somehow works for Plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom