• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It’s surprisingly easy to say any character from one of the franchises already in Smash is already somehow super popular.
People love Adeleine and Porky, imo.

The former is in fact one of my three most wanted first party picks.

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday! Life's just been pretty damn great in general for me lately tbh. :3
I can’t even describe how much I am glad to hear that.

Hopefully things keep going that way!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chances are none of the chosen characters are Spirits already, but we'll have to wait and see who the rest of the DLC is first.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It’s surprisingly easy to say any character from one of the franchises already in Smash is already somehow super popular.
Adeline is really popular though

Remember how angry some people got before she was confirmed to be a dream friend in star allies?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Here's a thought. Do you think they'll add more Pokeball Pokemon in a Novmber update?
They seem to be very lazy regarding Poke Ball Pokemon this time-keeping all the Smash 4 ones regardless of factors like Fennekin no longer being the new fire starter and Vulpix being added and similar, they didn't get the new AT mechanics, and there are now more ATs than PBP.

In other words I doubt it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think people forget that characters are popular within fanbases. A character doesn't have to be a mainstream superstar to have a dedicated following.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So here's a ****ing weird coincidence.

Glitch theory.

'Member back when the game came out how Bowser Jr., Mii Sword and Duck Hunt broke certain modes?

Only to later realize Bowser Jr. was used as a basis for Plant?

Well, Mii Sword has basically nothing on Joker.

And who have we been talking about that would fit the two of them?

Like, I always thought that the idea of Duck Hunt as a base for Banjo Kazooie to be ****ing stupid but....

We're staring down a barrel of a gun called Erdrick+Banjo right now.
i think it's an interesting coincidence, given the likelihood of banjo/erdrick, but i also don't see why the base characters avaliable to the players should break anything

if they've copied them over to new characters, it should be the new dev-only characters causing the glitches, not the original characters - there's no reason why the original characters should have been changed or altered at all in the process of copying them

D

Deleted member

I felt the need to share this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think people forget that characters are popular within fanbases. A character doesn't have to be a mainstream superstar to have a dedicated following.
You'd think that'd be pretty clear by now. When characters like Geno get mentioned by Sakurai of all people in part of his follwoing, and I'd argue that even Richter Belmont is more well known than the former. Granted, being known by the Average Joe doesn't hurt much.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
joker's responses to a girl he barely knows stalking him to a foreign nation

1559824130238.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
damn what is it with joker and kasumi and slapping spikes to the ends of their shoes

1559825558816.png
1559825545583.png

it's a health and safety hazard at best and a fashion disaster at worst

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Broke: Eating your cookies and your pudding separately
Woke: DUNKIN' THOSE COOKIES INTO YOUR PUDDING BAY-BEEEE
...the most exciting thing i've done today is dunk cookies into my chocolate pudding...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

joker's responses to a girl he barely knows stalking him to a foreign nation

View attachment 226215
You can tell he enjoys it.

Hey y'all. I'm still recovering from the possibility that Banjo is coming home. I was so hyped last night I forgot there was Persona 5R stuff going on. Gonna give that a look real quick.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I'm hopin' for e3 to get here faster. When is Nintendo's e3 btw?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Broke: Eating your cookies and your pudding separately
Woke: DUNKIN' THOSE COOKIES INTO YOUR PUDDING BAY-BEEEE
...the most exciting thing i've done today is dunk cookies into my chocolate pudding...
That reminds me, you know those thin Oreos? I found the best use for them is to crush them up with ice cream. They give a better crunch to crumble ratio over the normal ones.
I'm hopin' for e3 to get here faster. When is Nintendo's e3 btw?
It's on Tuesday.

Here's a countdown link to the exact time.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190611T09&p0=224&font=cursive

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the clincher for this leak isn’t going to be during Nintendo’s Direct, but Microsoft’s presentation.

If they announce that a Banjo Collection, or Banjo sequel is getting a release also on Switch, I think it’s sealed.

Sakurai himself allegedly said he didn’t pick the characters for the pass in his latest writing. While i’ve always thought he had at least some option, it would make sense if, at some point during collaboration, the revival of Banjo was brought up and then plans were made to include Banjo.

I don’t buy that Smash collaboration was on the table from the start. But the Banjo revival and putting him in Smash, if this ends up being real, makes a lot of sense.

What’s going to be interesting is hearing what Sakurai would say about Banjo in his column.

EDIT: I do want to reiterate that i’m not 100% believing it yet, as we don’t know who Verg got the Banjo information from. But it gets harder with each new person saying they’ve heard the same.

I just don’t want to get burned after getting emotionally hyped.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I promise that this is the last media I share today.

But I want to say that the fact this exists brings me life:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ok, I promise that this is the last media I share today.

But I want to say that the fact this exists brings me life:
E3 has a tough act to follow.

D

Deleted member

I think the clincher for this leak isn’t going to be during Nintendo’s Direct, but Microsoft’s presentation.

If they announce that a Banjo Collection, or Banjo sequel is getting a release also on Switch, I think it’s sealed.

Sakurai himself allegedly said he didn’t pick the characters for the pass in his latest writing. While i’ve always thought he had at least some option, it would make sense if, at some point during collaboration, the revival of Banjo was brought up and then plans were made to include Banjo.

I don’t buy that Smash collaboration was on the table from the start. But the Banjo revival and putting him in Smash, if this ends up being real, makes a lot of sense.

What’s going to be interesting is hearing what Sakurai would say about Banjo in his column.
I think this will be the first time in history where I watch Microsoft's E3 press conference.

D

Deleted member

pfffff why do people think that Microsoft is going to announce anything Nintendo related

D

Deleted member

EDIT: I do want to reiterate that i’m not 100% believing it yet, as we don’t know who Verg got the Banjo information from. But it gets harder with each new person saying they’ve heard the same.

I just don’t want to get burned after getting emotionally hyped.
He said he got it from his most trusted source. Link

"I heard today that regarding Banjo & Kazooie being one of the fighters pass characters they are "DLC. But not 100%. 99%." for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
That came from my most proven & main source"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
pfffff why do people think that Microsoft is going to announce anything Nintendo related
Well Ubisoft was the one to announce both Kingdom Battle and Starlkink but unless Nintendo worked something out to get Rare's DK games in Rare Replay 2 or getting Diddy Kong to Cameo in Banjo Threeie or something like that I think we'll be waiting for the Nintendo Direct, if there is anything at all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He said he got it from his most trusted source. Link

"I heard today that regarding Banjo & Kazooie being one of the fighters pass characters they are "DLC. But not 100%. 99%." for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
That came from my most proven & main source"
I’m well aware, but my point is we still don’t know exactly who that is.

I’ve believed much of what his most trusted source has said before, so I have no doubt that he believes it, because at the very least his source believes it.

Just with everything and everyone coming out about it, I can only imagine who his source actually is, because a ton of people knew about it before him.

The only Nintendo related announcement they might make is if anything form their publishers and studios will be on Switch.

Doesn’t mean they’ll announce Smash stuff. It’s not crazy to think, “Coming soon, we have the Banjo collection which will launch for Xbox One...and Nintendo Switch!”

It could totally work.

(Double post, please combine with previous comment!)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So Eurogamer just seems to be straight up saying Witcher 3 is coming to Switch now.

Also some other site apparently leaked all the Google Stadia details.

Everybody just said **** Embargoes today.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also, with things looking like we might be getting 2 characters at E3 and one of them often being discussed as being shown at Microsoft's conference, I saw a really good dream big post. It was that Microsoft, Bethesda, Square and Nintendo's presentations would each show a newcomer.

Like, that's not going to happen but in the crazy timeline it did, Nintendo wouldn't have won E3, they ****ing owned E3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also, with things looking like we might be getting 2 characters at E3 and one of them often being discussed as being shown at Microsoft's conference, I saw a really good dream big post. It was that Microsoft, Bethesda, Square and Nintendo's presentations would each show a newcomer.

Like, that's not going to happen but in the crazy timeline it did, Nintendo wouldn't have won E3, they ****ing owned E3.
I mean. Especially because Bethesda isn’t getting a character. It would feel a little weird for them to show of Crash or Artorias. Like, why are you doing that?

But, I am not dismissing the possibility of us getting reveals for all 4. I mean, everyone’s expecting 2, and Nintendo never does what you expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom