• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is Grookey's final evolution name the same as the "angry 4 chan leak"? You know, the salty dude over Erdrick/Edelgard/Phoenix and so on.

Or did the Pokemon leaks not reveal that?
I don’t think the Pokemon leaks revealed Grookey’s final evo name either, just the image which is a gorilla playing bongos. Not a baboon, as the name Baboom would suggest.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So basically we’re now in a bizarre Schrödinger situation regarding not only Banjo, but Erdrick, Edelgard, Phoenix, and Grookey’s Final Evolution too

I don’t doubt Kasumi will be individual DLC outside of the pass so I’m not listing her here, but her PT name may or may not be Countess. And the Final Evo name may or may not be Baboom.

So basically, there’s two outcomes.

Banjo lives and the others are dead in the water, or vice versa.

or they’re all dead and SURPRISE MOTHER ****ERS IT’S ELMA TIME

I guess all we can do, therefore, is wait...

D

Deleted member

her persona

View attachment 226234

doesn't have wings like arsene but does have a floaty space cape
draws pretty heavily from his design, for example in the legs

View attachment 226233
Ooh, I like that design for her persona.
I'd say that her not having wings is a bit of a hit, but they could just change her recovery backtrack backtrack. In fact I see that as more likely with dlc echoes, considering there's a bit more time for their development and you'll likely have to invest some extra money to get them, so making them slightly more distinct such as with recovery might be a way to sweeten the deal.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There are different trials that you have to do, but for the investigation part you do a lot of puzzles like a PL game while the court part are like a PW game. So each chapter has both of their gameplay mechanics integrated, and it would be weird for them to constantly switch back and forth within a chapter and overall story.
Ok. That’s fair. Maybe for the sequel.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ooh, I like that design for her persona.
I'd say that her not having wings is a bit of a hit, but they could just change her recovery backtrack backtrack. In fact I see that as more likely with dlc echoes, considering there's a bit more time for their development and you'll likely have to invest some extra money to get them, so making them slightly more distinct such as with recovery might be a way to sweeten the deal.
i'd also argue that since she was at the very least a skin as late as feburary, it suggests that they either had a workaround planned or just straight up didn't give a **** about using the wings for her

D

Deleted member

I can’t take “Your welcome” out of my mind. I didn’t expect The Rock to sing that great.

And yeah, Kasumi seems possible for a separate echo or semi echo DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Got another job interview in a few minutes. Hoo boy.
Good luck!

As for the leak, I also wanna say that it’s more than a little fishy that they’re leaking the DLC ALL at once... there was the Roy and Ryu datamine in 2015 for Smash 4, but Cloud was cryptically “leaked” several months later, and Corrin and Bayonetta to my knowledge weren’t leaked at all

D

Deleted member

The leaker I would only suggest to really rely on right now is VR Plant.

They have a great track record and nailed a lot of recent stuff like the Pokémon Direct.

Besides VR Plant, I would suggest precaution with anyone else honestly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’m not really expecting a sequel, it seemed like a one and done kind of deal, but I’d love for it to happen. Maybe have a Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton instead, I feel like Layton got the spotlight more in the original game, it would be nice to let Phoenix shine a bit more.
but what would the plot even be? Considering the ending of PLvsAA, that literal story has ended.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
man **** kasumi, just saw this

We in this boys. Granted verge's track record is a bit more shaky these days and it is sorta suspicious he only heard about banjo now BUT WE IN THIS BOYS
mfw vergeben only commits to banjo after every reputable leaker has piled in and has given himself a 99% chance to worm out on the off chance it doesn't happen

1559836651137.png

banjo's probably happening but colour me skeptical he actually knows anything

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eh, I stopped believing Vergeben after they were adamant that a Square Enix character would be at the VGAs but we got Joker instead.

They may have gotten most (keyword: most) of the base game content correct (barring the Minecraft content, which was probably confused for other things, and Isabelle being an Echo when she turned out to have her own unique fighter number), but I’m honestly convinced DLC was selected differently and/or is under greater wraps, such as Sakurai giving fake info to rat leakers out. So yeah, to me, Verge blew it.

And I don’t necessarily trust Hitagi either. IMO, there’s no way in hell we’re getting Katalina.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"looks like his head was smashed in with the lead pipe, professor"
"you know, luke, my boy, this reminds me of a simply smashing puzzle"
"professor his family is here"
“Homocide huh? Hmm...This reminds me of a puzzle!”
who knows, he may be super serious in murder cases considering
His girlfriend was killed by a dude

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Eh, I stopped believing Vergeben after they were adamant that a Square Enix character would be at the VGAs but we got Joker instead.

They may have gotten most (keyword: most) of the base game content correct (barring the Minecraft content, which was probably confused for other things, and Isabelle being an Echo when she turned out to have her own unique fighter number), but I’m honestly convinced DLC was selected differently and/or is under greater wraps, such as Sakurai giving fake info to rat leakers out. So yeah, to me, Verge blew it.

And I don’t necessarily trust Hitagi either. IMO, there’s no way in hell we’re getting Katalina.
Who is Hitagi?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who is Hitagi?
Senjougahara Hitagi on Reddit, a fellow leaker who claims to have most of the same sources as Vergeben

And real quick re: Minecraft content - it’s possible Vergeben’s sources confused the Cubivore or whatever Spirit for something from Minecraft, and iirc Rathalos is called End Dragon or something in the code, which can be mistaken for Minecraft’s famous Ender Dragon superboss

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
but what would the plot even be? Considering the ending of PLvsAA, that literal story has ended.
They could probably make something up to get them back together again, but honestly the story was finished and thats why I don’t think it would be made.

Also funny that everybody mentions Layton solving murders since he actually does in his games, Diabolical Box starts with Layton try to solve the mysterious circumstances surrounding the murder of his mentor Dr. Andrew Schrader.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reveal order is a lot more open to change than characters themselves.

Never forget "Enjoy my good friend Shulk."

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Verge is also sticking with his story of Minecraft content in Smash without explicitly saying he thinks Steve is playable. Now keep that in mind as you remember that he's been making this statement since May of last year. Both Minecraft and Banjo are affiliated with Microsoft. So he somehow got word of Minecraft content which may or may not be a character almost a year early, but Banjo is something he still can't completely confirm to this day?

Yeah, I'm not sure he knows anything about the DLC. At this point, I don't even want to bother listening to "leakers".

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Reveal order is a lot more open to change than characters themselves.

Never forget "Enjoy my good friend Shulk."
Yeah I don't know where people get this idea from of "Verge was wrong about Erdrick/an SE character" when reputable sources confirmed the presence of SE representation as DLC even before DLC was announced.

It's very possible that Erdrick was indeed the first character to be revealed but was pushed back because Sakurai thought Joker was the better first reveal or they wanted Erdrick to launch closer to DQ11's release on the Switch.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just waiting for Erdrick to get revealed and have people still thinking Vergeben knows nothing about DLC, or even worse, calling Erdrick an "obvious pick."

D

Deleted member

Animal Crossing “fans” online: I can’t bare this wait for news!!

Me, a F4 fan:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Verge is also sticking with his story of Minecraft content in Smash without explicitly saying he thinks Steve is playable. Now keep that in mind as you remember that he's been making this statement since May of last year. Both Steve and Banjo are affiliated with Microsoft. So he somehow got word of some form of Minecraft content that early, but Banjo is something he still can't completely confirm to this day?

Yeah, I'm not sure he knows anything about the DLC. At this point, I don't even want to bother listening to "leakers".
I've seen good ones. But nothing too realistic. I only believe credible leaks that have first parties in them, as the fighters pass being all third party is literally so messed up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've seen good ones. But nothing too realistic. I only believe credible leaks that have first parties in them, as the fighters pass being all third party is literally so messed up.
Only believing what you want to believe isn't the best way to go about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom