• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've seen good ones. But nothing too realistic. I only believe credible leaks that have first parties in them, as the fighters pass being all third party is literally so messed up.
I agree with you that the FP should at least have one 1st party in but that's some twisted logic right there my dude. You can't say "all these are fake because I want 1st parties in them". It's confirmation bias at it's finest.

Of course, i'm holding out hope for a 1st party character on the pass. Preferably, one that people aren't expecting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree with you that the FP should at least have one 1st party in but that's some twisted logic right there my dude. You can't say "all these are fake because I want 1st parties in them". It's confirmation bias at it's finest.

Of course, i'm holding out hope for a 1st party character on the pass. Preferably, one that people aren't expecting.
If we get a first party it will either be from Astral Chain or some other new IP. I firmly believe that none of them will come from franchises already in the game because of the stages. But I’m still banking on an all third party lineup.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I might as well just accept my cruel twisted fate right now.

The first four DLC characters will all be third-party. I'll cross my fingers for the last character to be first-party. The day finally comes, and the last character revealed is Byleth, the generic Three Houses protagonist with blue hair. Fights in a similar manner to Marth.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I find it interesting that we are getting a new palace that has Joker, Kasumi, and Morgana specifically. Wonder what the theme is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And real quick re: Minecraft content - it’s possible Vergeben’s sources confused the Cubivore or whatever Spirit for something from Minecraft, and iirc Rathalos is called End Dragon or something in the code, which can be mistaken for Minecraft’s famous Ender Dragon superboss
So uh, wanted to share this since it was buried on the previous page

It’s possible the Cubivore Spirit (and if I can get a source, Rathalos’s name supposedly being End Dragon in the code) were what Vergeben mistook as being Minecraft content

D

Deleted member

I've already decided half my team pffff
Scorbunny's Evo
Wooloo's Evo
Zamazenta/Zacian (Probably Zamazenta but I might change my mind)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we get a first party it will either be from Astral Chain or some other new IP. I firmly believe that none of them will come from franchises already in the game because of the stages. But I’m still banking on an all third party lineup.
I don't think stages are necessarily a limiting factor for series already on the roster. We could easily get a Galar- or Fódlan-based stage, after all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I mean there's a good chance that we get all 5 characters being 3rd parties yeah but the Nintendo-purist in me wants to see some form of Nintendo character included in the Pass. Smash is a fighting/party game primarily about Nintendo characters so having every inclusion be 3rd party doesn't sit well with me.

There is a chance, I think of a slot being saved for a character promoting an early-mid 2020 game, however. Sakurai did that with Smash 4's DLC, I don't see why he wouldn't do the same here. Although preferably, not someone from FE or Pokemon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If (and it's a big if, like IF) there is a Gen 8 Pokemon in the pass, I'm betting that it'll be character 3 or 4, coming out around November to tie in with the games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Part of me STILL believes the Spirits Deconfirm theory will be BTFO’d whether in or out of the Fighters Pass. I mean Lucas and Mewtwo BTFO’d the Trophies Deconfirm theory in Smash 4.

and calling it, the example in this case will be Elma, there is a lot in her favor right now

Pls

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>sees John Dylan Smith lurking in the member list despite being banned

Hoo boy here we go

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If (and it's a big if, like IF) there is a Gen 8 Pokemon in the pass, I'm betting that it'll be character 3 or 4, coming out around November to tie in with the games.
Personally I think a Sword/Shield Pokemon would be Challenger Pack 5 if anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think stages are necessarily a limiting factor for series already on the roster. We could easily get a Galar- or Fódlan-based stage, after all.
Okay. I admit this is something I kind of made up. But I’m basing this off of what I call “The Corrin Precidence”. They absolutely could have given Corrin a stage in 4 based off of Fates. But they didn’t. This signals to me that if they come with a stage, it means they’re from a new franchise. And look at that, all 5 characters (except the Plant) come with stages. Now, this is obvious circumstantial evidence. But if I end up right then hoooo boy.

Well I mean there's a good chance that we get all 5 characters being 3rd parties yeah but the Nintendo-purist in me wants to see some form of Nintendo character included in the Pass. Smash is a fighting/party game primarily about Nintendo characters so having every inclusion be 3rd party doesn't sit well with me.

There is a chance, I think of a slot being saved for a character promoting an early-mid 2020 game, however. Sakurai did that with Smash 4's DLC, I don't see why he wouldn't do the same here. Although preferably, not someone from FE or Pokemon.
I think if we get a first party character from a franchise that is already in th game, they will be a la carte like Plant. No stage. Maybe a song or two. Plus, as long as it’s coming to Switch, Nintendo might want to promote it. First party or no.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think if we get a first party character from a franchise that is already in the game, they will be a la carte like Plant. No stage. Maybe a song or two. Plus, as long as it’s coming to Switch, Nintendo might want to promote it. First party or no.
Hopefully it's a 1st party that hasn't been represented with a fighter before if it does happen.

Here's looking at you Andy-boy

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Inside the box was nothing, nothing was in the box.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That would be cool. But spirit.
Spirits aren't deconfirms IMO. They're essentially the replacement of trophies from previous games and that never stopped Mewtwo/Lucas from being playable. Not to mention he would have to be a Spirit since he's the face of his franchise. It would be like if Isaac or Chrous Kids weren't spirits but they still had spirits from their series.

That being said, I don't have much hope for my boy unless his series miraculously gets revived out of the blue.

D

Deleted member

Call me crazy, but I think the rest of the fighter pass is going to mirror Smash 4's DLC newcomers in a way:
>Erdrick: The character we all saw coming but that some people are still hyped for (E.g. Ryu)
>Banjo: The wildly popular character that everyone goes nuts over (E.g. Cloud)
>Agumon: The promotional rep, due to Digimon Survive (E.g. Corrin)
>Ryu Hayabusa: The other character (E.g. Bayonetta)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Only believing what you want to believe isn't the best way to go about these things.
The dlc being only third parties is something fans drummed out themselves. Having no first parties is against the whole "Nintendo fighting game" concept. Only third parties that are major to videogaming history get in. (only echoes and bayonetta have beaten this, tho bayonetta was a one time thing)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Call me crazy, but I think the rest of the fighter pass is going to mirror Smash 4's DLC newcomers in a way:
>Erdrick: The character we all saw coming but that some people are still hyped for (E.g. Ryu)
>Banjo: The wildly popular character that everyone goes nuts over (E.g. Cloud)
>Agumon: The promotional rep, due to Digimon Survive (E.g. Corrin)
>Ryu Hayabusa: The other character (E.g. Bayonetta)
Banjo? Agumon AND Ryu Hayabusa? Now that's something I couldn't argue with!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've seen good ones. But nothing too realistic. I only believe credible leaks that have first parties in them, as the fighters pass being all third party is literally so messed up.
I know people are already saying your mentality is bad but are you implying they're only credible if they have first parties included? And lol no a roster with 80 characters with a minimum of 60 plus Nintendo characters isn't messed up

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Capturing the objective by yourself and the entire enemy team comes from right flank.

Its gonna be one of those days.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Spirits aren't deconfirms IMO. They're essentially the replacement of trophies from previous games and that never stopped Mewtwo/Lucas from being playable. Not to mention he would have to be a Spirit since he's the face of his franchise. It would be like if Isaac or Chrous Kids weren't spirits but they still had spirits from their series.

That being said, I don't have much hope for my boy unless his series miraculously gets revived out of the blue.
Well, Isaac is ALSO an Assist Trophy on top of that and ATs have a moveset already that’s hard coded to AI so that might be a bit more difficult

But just Spirits like Elma, Andy and Chorus Kids, or characters with existing 3D models that aren’t ATs, like say, Pauline or Fiora, are fair game imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom