• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spirits aren't deconfirms IMO. They're essentially the replacement of trophies from previous games and that never stopped Mewtwo/Lucas from being playable. Not to mention he would have to be a Spirit since he's the face of his franchise. It would be like if Isaac or Chrous Kids weren't spirits but they still had spirits from their series.

That being said, I don't have much hope for my boy unless his series miraculously gets revived out of the blue.
I want to believe that because of Geno. But at the same time.... we just don’t know. And spirits are different from trophies in that you actually equip them to the character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If there was an a new Eeveelution, what type would you want it to be?

I'd actually really like a Poison one.
Dragon please

It’d fit too, dragons are all medieval and stuff and they’re the last type that was originally special before the split.

Please I wanna name it Toothless

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I want to believe that because of Geno. But at the same time.... we just don’t know. And spirits are different from trophies in that you actually equip them to the character.
If a character who’s a Spirit becomes DLC they can just rename the Spirit

For example if Impa (in her HW incarnation) gets in they can rename the Impa Spirit, which uses the OoT artwork, as “Impa (Ocarina of Time)”

That’s just one example.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay. I admit this is something I kind of made up. But I’m basing this off of what I call “The Corrin Precidence”. They absolutely could have given Corrin a stage in 4 based off of Fates. But they didn’t. This signals to me that if they come with a stage, it means they’re from a new franchise. And look at that, all 5 characters (except the Plant) come with stages. Now, this is obvious circumstantial evidence. But if I end up right then hoooo boy.

I think if we get a first party character from a franchise that is already in th game, they will be a la carte like Plant. No stage. Maybe a song or two. Plus, as long as it’s coming to Switch, Nintendo might want to promote it. First party or no.
I don't think Plant can be used as evidence considering signs point to it having been meant for the base game and all. After that you're just left with Corrin, and that's setting a precedent out of only a single data point. In addition, Fates was a 3DS game. Any new stage would need brand new assets to work on Wii U. Three Houses and Sword and Shield are Switch games, and can have assets ported over like they did for Breath of the Wild and Odyssey.

In other words, I don't think there's really anything supporting this theory.

The dlc being only third parties is something fans drummed out themselves. Having no first parties is against the whole "Nintendo fighting game" concept. Only third parties that are major to videogaming history get in. (only echoes and bayonetta have beaten this, tho bayonetta was a one time thing)
There are still 67 Nintendo characters in the game, and even if the whole pass was third party, there'd only be what, fifteen third parties? It'd still be a Nintendo fighting game.

Also it's fairly easy to make "rules" if you list the ones going against the "rules" as exceptions.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Banjo is in, I think it’s entirely plausible that Minecraft content gets in through a Creeper and Steve Mii costumes.

Calling it. It makes sense if that’s what Verg heard (even if he just spews what he hears from others for cred), and could be confused for playable character status.

Honestly just waiting for the latest info, because my mind has never even allowed myself to think it was possible, but if this happens, then my childhood will be effectively entirely available in this game.

I couldn’t really even be mad.

I was thinking of a possible scenario though. With Microsoft on Monday, and they tweeted about a “special guest” at their conference, if Doug Bowser shows up, i’m going to **** myself because what could follow would be outrageous.

Not that that’s likely, but it’s possible.

Side note: If you have 67 Nintendo characters and can’t connect with any of them or enjoy their gameplay, considering they are the biggest of the biggest Nintendo characters then I...really don’t know what to tell you.

There frankly aren’t any Nintendo characters that bring the hype like K.Rool or Ridley. Call me biased, but that’s how I see it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think Plant can be used as evidence considering signs point to it having been meant for the base game and all. After that you're just left with Corrin, and that's setting a precedent out of only a single data point. In addition, Fates was a 3DS game. Any new stage would need brand new assets to work on Wii U. Three Houses and Sword and Shield are Switch games, and can have assets ported over like they did for Breath of the Wild and Odyssey.

There are still 67 Nintendo characters in the game, and even if the whole pass was third party, there'd only be what, fifteen third parties? It'd still be a Nintendo fighting game.

Also it's fairly easy to make "rules" if you list the ones going against the "rules" as exceptions.
He didn't even mention Joker as an exception either so he used a Neutral Special on his foot

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If Banjo is in, I think it’s entirely plausible that Minecraft content gets in through a Creeper and Steve Mii costumes.

Calling it. It makes sense if that’s what Verg heard (even if he just spews what he hears from others for cred), and could be confused for playable character status.

Honestly just waiting for the latest info, because my mind has never even allowed myself to think it was possible, but if this happens, then my childhood will be effectively entirely available in this game.

I couldn’t really even be mad.

I was thinking of a possible scenario though. With Microsoft on Monday, and they tweeted about a “special guest” at their conference, if Doug Bowser shows up, i’m going to **** myself because what could follow would be outrageous.

Not that that’s likely, but it’s possible.
It doesn't have to be a special 'guest'. It could just be a surprise that people arent expecting, like say a banjo game.

I think a minecraft mii costume makes the most sense if banjo's in. We might even see a master chief one for gunner ;p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It doesn't have to be a special 'guest'. It could just be a surprise that people arent expecting, like say a banjo game.

I think a minecraft mii costume makes the most sense if banjo's in. We might even see a master chief one for gunner ;p
The thing is though, Banjo being a special guest...would be weird. He’s a Microsoft character now, so he’s not really a “guest” and he’s not really all that “special”. I would think it would actually refer to a legitimate person being there.

We’ll have to wait and see.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The thing is though, Banjo being a special guest...would be weird. He’s a Microsoft character now, so he’s not really a “guest” and he’s not really all that “special”. I would think it would actually refer to a legitimate person being there.

We’ll have to wait and see.

Could someone pull back up the tweet?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Anyway I found some more cool humanized versions of Pokémon from that same artist TamTamdi from Deviantart that I posted from awhile back.

I like these since there’s a wider variety in their style, instead of just being a cute anime girl ,which is what dominates the design of most humanized Pokémon.
4EEDBBA8-9EB5-4191-9D3C-DF4208C0C31E.jpeg
D874C3F8-633D-43E5-8BE0-2DA9A502A814.jpeg
4A2135F4-3AA3-4E37-8F23-6A5906A20490.jpeg
6D853462-D608-4FCB-BA29-197172CD8CED.jpeg
4C8FFFBF-5197-4598-8806-6D196BCD7291.jpeg
15C5CA20-00F1-4010-A40F-0531F11BA394.jpeg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eeveelution at e3 gamefreak?
I’ll do you one better, I say we get a cross gen evolutions trailer for more hen eevee.

Also there’s a playable demo at E3 too. Treehouse will likely play through their own demo too. We will probably get reveals there

D

Deleted member

What if this information meant Banjo is getting a new game, not Banjo in Smash?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Maybe. But still.... I don’t know. Just call it a gut feeling.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm actually really curious to see what outcome we'll get.

(1) Banjo gets a new game, but doesn't get in Smash. Fans complain.
(2) Banjo gets in Smash, but doesn't get a new game. Fans complain.
(3) Banjo gets nothing. Fans complain.
(4) Banjo gets both a new game and a invite to Smash. Fans rejoice, and President Bowser announces Mother 3.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyway I found some more cool humanized versions of Pokémon from that same artist TamTamdi from Deviantart that I posted from awhile back.

I like these since there’s a wider variety in their style, instead of just being a cute anime girl ,which is what dominates the design of most humanized Pokémon.
Welp, I'm a fan.

She got the best pokemon.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's the team I'm on.

I really don't want Banjo to turn into another Corrin.
I'm not sure how a fan wanted character requested for years could turn into a promotional Fire Emblem character that half the world hadn't really experienced yet.....

But go off I guess?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
(4) Banjo gets both a new game and an invite to Smash. Fans complain.
I've taken the liberty of fixing that for you. :4pacman:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm actually really curious to see what outcome we'll get.

(4) Banjo gets both a new game and a invite to Smash. Fans rejoice, and President Bowser announces Mother 3.
(5) The sun explodes before we get to know if he is in or not. Fans die.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've taken the liberty of fixing that for you. :4pacman:
Fans complain even when everything is great. I'm thinking of all those people who begged and pleaded, saying, "Sakurai, if you just give me Ridley and K. Rool, I'll never complain again!!"

Not even three months later and they're complaining about how stupid Incineroar is. :glare:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
>sees John Dylan Smith lurking in the member list despite being banned

Hoo boy here we go
Giving him attention just gives him more reason to keep coming back. I get its a bit of a meme here, but singling out users in a manner like this (especially if they're banned, said they're leaving, etc.) is generally something I'd say people should avoid.

Posted by Loli Hunter XD
View attachment 226248
Not singling you out specifically, and I know some have probably said this already in the past, but please don't point out/bring attention to stuff like this even if it's just for ****posts. We're still taking things seriously when it comes to underage users/content that would attract stuff like what happened before. Posting characters/fanart/etc. is one thing that gets borderline sometimes, but I trust people here to have better judgment/be mindful of what is pushing the line. What seemingly most of us would think others are cool seeing, some feel less than comfortable with.

As a reminder, we're still working on our improvements/more permanent thread coming very soon. Thanks to everyone for bearing with us, hope I can give a more detailed update ASAP.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm confused as to how information on a new Banjo-Kazooie release could be confused for Banjo in Smash.
Guess it depends how the source worded it/what they think? I think people would believe Banjo in smash more than a new game in this year.

But that would require an insider to jump the gun without backing it up. Seems too risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom