• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guess it depends how the source worded it/what they think? I think people would believe Banjo in smash more than a new game in this year.

But that would require an insider to jump the gun without backing it up. Seems too risky.
I'm hoping Banjo is in Smash TO PROMOTE a new game coming out.

YO WAIT WHEN DID THE RAINBOW APPEAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
#prideboards

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, you caught me in the middle of not caring. As long as the shill pick is cool them I'm good.
Said the Fire Emblem fan when Corrin came out in 2015
Said the Pokemon USUM fan when Incineroar came out in 2018

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe the insiders have heard of both and that's why Vergeben leaves a 1% chance of not happening?
That 1% is basically like how everyone was treating Isaac and Shadow

This bodes poorly

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Giving him attention just gives him more reason to keep coming back. I get its a bit of a meme here, but singling out users generally is something I'd say people should avoid.

Not singling you out specifically, and I know some have probably said this already in the past, but please don't point out/bring attention to stuff like this even if it's just for ****posts. We're still taking things seriously when it comes to underage users/content that would attract stuff like what happened before. Posting characters/fanart/etc. is one thing that gets borderline sometimes, but I trust people here to have better judgment/be mindful of what is pushing the line. What seemingly most of us would think others are cool seeing, some feel less than comfortable with.

As a reminder, we're still working on our improvements/more permanent thread coming very soon. Thanks to everyone for bearing with us, hope I can give a more detailed update ASAP.
already on it ok.gif

I-I was going to see if the mods had a problem with that name, and apparantly, I was right, soooo, I'm going to edit my post that quoted that post before I get into further trouble, thanks for the head up.

D

Deleted member

I find a dual reveal at E3 likely.

In the past years we did get around 2 characters reveals or so for the Smash games, and Sakurai has been working on Fighters 2 and 3 after Joker if I remember correctly.

The first could be a Dragon Quest rep at the start and Banjo at the end.

D

Deleted member

Or maybe Banjo-Kazooie One + Tooie HD Collection is coming out on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch and MS wants him in Smash to promote it.
I would find that cool, but it could also involve more reasons besides that.

Nothing has to be locked into just one single reason.

D

Deleted member

How would you all react if we got a Banjo and Kazooie game instead of Banjo and Kazooie being in Smash Bros?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was practicing a voice for a character but I didn’t have any more lines in that character’s voice to practice with, so I just started recording Thanos quotes in their voice.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The rainbow connection featuring smashboards, played by banjo and kazooie

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found a list I made of characters that had some semi-credible rumor attatched to them a while ago, anything to add to it?

Erdrick
Sephiroth
Sora
Geno
Crono
Slime
Luminary

Steve Minecraft
Ryu Hyabusa
Doomguy

Edelgard
Sylux

Banjo Kazooie
Shantae
Rayman
I think I can add

Resident Evil Character
Phoenix Wright

Any more I'm missing?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would find that cool, but it could also involve more reasons besides that.

Nothing has to be locked into just one single reason.
Well, yeah. It's also because MS and Nintendo have been under an unBEARable weight of Banjo requests for smash for close to a decade. They even officially commented on the ideo of 3DS remakes of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, and they said that they were willing to do it, but Nintendo would need to let them. Cuphead and Hellblade are on Switch, and here's plenty of evidence that other MS properties will be coming soon, possibly at E3. As I've said before. All the planets are alligned. Now MS and Nintendo just have to perform the ritual.

Side note, Why does Wrecking Crew have it's own series symbol. You play as Mario in is for petes sake.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Or maybe Banjo-Kazooie One + Tooie HD Collection is coming out on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch and MS wants him in Smash to promote it.
That would be completely unrelated to it though, Sakurai had to pick prior to any deal.

D

Deleted member

Well, yeah. It's also because MS and Nintendo have been under an unBEARable weight of Banjo requests for smash for close to a decade. They even officially commented on the ideo of 3DS remakes of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, and they said that they were willing to do it, but Nintendo would need to let them. Cuphead and Hellblade are on Switch, and here's plenty of evidence that other MS properties will be coming soon, possibly at E3. As I've said before. All the planets are alligned. Now MS and Nintendo just have to perform the ritual.

Side note, Why does Wrecking Crew have it's own series symbol. You play as Mario in is for petes sake.
I actually don't know, tbh.

Wrecking Crew is considered a Mario game, so it would be ok to give the stage the mario icon.

Maybe they wanted to give the stage a more exclusive vibe or something similar?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure but I think it's the fact it's considered a spin-off that doesn't take place in the Mario-verse. Couldn't say for sure.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I found a list I made of characters that had some semi-credible rumor attatched to them a while ago, anything to add to it?

I think I can add

Resident Evil Character
Phoenix Wright

Any more I'm missing?
Guess we can consider Sora dead now though if that French PR tweet is an indication

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How would you all react if we got a Banjo and Kazooie game instead of Banjo and Kazooie being in Smash Bros?
At this point I’m betting both are happening. Microsoft themselves have been putting banjo games at the forefront of displays recently, implying they want people to know of it for a likely revival.

The smash stuff I think has evidence that different but insiders obviously can’t say what that is

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why is there a rainbow in the top of the site? Did it just rain or have we been raided by leprechauns again?
pride month you dingdong

though i dont know if this was the first time they did it ever or not because i dont remember a rainbow flag up here last june

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Guess we can consider Sora dead now though if that French PR tweet is an indication
I thought
the end of Kingdom Hearts 3 was enough of a sign that he's dead.

Though I'm not certain that's a dis-confirmation at this point.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm fine with the rainbow, but did you have to silhouette out the characters? It looks like they're getting Galeem'd. Or Thanos'd as the cool kids say.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm fine with the rainbow, but did you have to silhouette out the characters? It looks like they're getting Galeem'd. Or Thanos'd as the cool kids say.
honestly more upset that it isn't color coded

why the **** is captain falcon in the orange and yellow wtf smashboards

make it :ultmario::ultcharizard::ultpacman::ultkrool::ultsonic::ultridley: and achieve true perfection

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I actually don't know, tbh.

Wrecking Crew is considered a Mario game, so it would be ok to give the stage the mario icon.

Maybe they wanted to give the stage a more exclusive vibe or something similar?
But why give Wrecking Crew a unique icon and not Paper Mario, Donkey Kong, or Mario Bros?

It doesn't make sense from any angle.

D

Deleted member

I do feel that this month will be great between how life has gone back to being good, E3 and CTR Nitro Fueled.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There it is.

@Mythra , staindgrey staindgrey ,@IsmaR , AndreaAC AndreaAC ,@redfeatherraven ,@KMDP ,@Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@KarneraMythos

Marsa Mizuki is done!
View attachment 226092
In both her Gi & the outfit she wear underneath it!

Some details here, she is blind, which is why her eyes are closed, and she lost both of her legs at a very young age, forcing her father to help her or else she die. While she managed to survive, she was still blind and felt weak due to being unable to prevent what happened. Since her eyes couldn't be replaced without fear of killing her, her father instead send Marsa to a old master far away and normally hidden from all, and to his training, Marsa was able to learn a technique that allow her to feel other presences through the beat of their hearts, alongside (a few years later, when she come back on her own) a arsenal of martial technique that made her into the powerful warrior she is now.

In fact, she is the main heroine of one my project, and her really simple design is to make her more reltable and make the more strange & unique opponent to stand out more, she isn't the only human in my story, but she is certainly one of the most "normal" out of them, because, yeah, my characters usually aren't too normal in one way or another, even the more sane of them.

In all cases, I hope you enjoy!
Sorry for commenting late. :) Great spritework as always!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But why give Wrecking Crew a unique icon and not Paper Mario, Donkey Kong, or Mario Bros?

It doesn't make sense from any angle.
Wrecking Crew has Mario but isn't a part of the Mario series.

By your logic :ultgnw: would be a dual Mario/Zelda rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom