• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They crashed it in two ways.

Regardless, we know for a fact that :ultbowserjr:was used as a base for :ultpiranha: for.........reasosn? They're both in a thing?

And right now, the big rumor is "Erdrick+Banjo"

Do I think they're confirmed? Absolutely not, but at the same time:

:ultswordfighter::ultduckhunt:

They make sense as a base if Bowser Jr. somehow works for Plant.
Through datamining, it was found some of Bowser Jr.'s files can be found in Piranha Plant's data, showing some animations were taken from Jr..

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Maybe this time they can actually make the art styles mesh. Either redesign the Layton characters in the AA style or vice versa. It just always looked weird to me.
that would defeat the purpose tho. Layton isnt Layton without his signature art style and same goes for AA

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
unrelated but Why did Jokers all out attack bork the game up in, I think, classic mode?
Most likely because ending the game with it foregoes the usual victory screen, it messed up with the transitioning in Classic Mode.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
unrelated but Why to Jokers all oit attack bork the game up in, I think, classic mode
The All Out Attack freeze glitch in Classic Mode as been patched for a while now.

As for why it did this.
shrug kuzco.png

Considering it only happened if you finished a opponent with it and make you go directly go to the win screen, maybe the game couldn't recgonize what to do, since there isn't a win screen in classic mode to transition Joker final smash with, but outside of that, I have no freakin' clues.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Layton is one of the few characters I want who technically hasn't been 'deconfirmed' yet ...

.. but that goes for pretty much any third-party character who has nothing in Ultimate, which is a whole lotta characters

So bleh

Shroob

Sup?
Through datamining, it was found some of Bowser Jr.'s files can be found in Piranha Plant's data, showing some animations were taken from Jr..
Exactly my point.

I dunno 'why' they chose Jr. as a base, but they did.

I thought that Duck Hunt as a base for BK was stupid but, suddenly BK is apparently almost credible.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Layton is one of the few characters I want who technically hasn't been 'deconfirmed' yet ...

.. but that goes for pretty much any third-party character who has nothing in Ultimate, which is a whole lotta characters

So bleh
Id say he is pretty deconfirmed but this is coming from a Layton fan that has lost most hope pff

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
that would defeat the purpose tho. Layton isnt Layton without his signature art style and same goes for AA
Did you ever watch the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour? Yeah, it was kid of weird seeing FOP designs in 3D, the designs didn’t translate too well without changing some elements. But imagine how much weirder it would have looked if 2D Timmy was just walking around a 3D scene. Or worse, a 3D Jimmy walking around the 2D FOP world. That’s what Layton and Phoenix look like standing together.

I don’t know why. But gamers can be super anal about characters designs. They want them to never change and to always be exactly the same. Even when a redesign could be cool 15-20 years on in the franchise or so it can mesh better with another world in a crossover or in a new medium. And honestly, it really frustrates me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
........So, is it still a controversial opinion to say:

Spirits de-confirm?
What if they don't but we're not getting any upgraded anyway?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Spirits de-confirm?
Not really. I think that most people realize we aren’t getting characters who are spirits regardless of if they actually deconfirm or not.

The thing I never liked was people insisting we would get characters who’s spirits were “missing”

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Spirits de-confirm?
I'd say they do, but at the same time Spirits deconfirming characters doesn't really have as much of an impact as we initially thought if all of the DLC are 3rd party characters, which they probably are if the next two really are Erdrick and Banjo. The biggest casualty in that case is probably Rayman or a secondary Sonic character.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd say yes, but at the same time Spirits deconfirming characters doesn't really have as much of an impact as we initially thought if all of the DLC are 3rd party characters, which they probably are if the next two are Erdrick and Banjo. The biggest casualty in that case is probably Rayman or a secondary Sonic character.
And Geno.... he’s a casualty of Spirits. God. Even if he could only be in ONE Smash, it should have been this one.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Did you ever watch the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour? Yeah, it was kid of weird seeing FOP designs in 3D, the designs didn’t translate too well without changing some elements. But imagine how much weirder it would have looked if 2D Timmy was just walking around a 3D scene. Or worse, a 3D Jimmy walking around the 2D FOP world. That’s what Layton and Phoenix look like standing together.

I don’t know why. But gamers can be super anal about characters designs. They want them to never change and to always be exactly the same. Even when a redesign could be cool 15-20 years on in the franchise or so it can mesh better with another world in a crossover or in a new medium. And honestly, it really frustrates me.
yeah Ive seen the power hour and timmy look butt ugly in Jimmys art style

Thing is with Layton and Pheonix, they are are both 3D models now so they dont really clash. They look pretty ok to me. In the artbook, they showed Layton in AA style and That is something I dont think I liked. Pheonix and maya look good PL style but not the other way around

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And Geno.... he’s a casualty of Spirits. God. Even if he could only be in ONE Smash, it should have been this one.
Ah, right, he's probably the biggest one yeah. I just searched my head for 3rd party franchises when I wrote that, so accidentally passed him over.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Spirits de-confirm?
I feel like it's a less concrete deconfirmation than an assist trophy, which take much more work. However, while spirits could become playable fighters, the fact that they're spirits in the first place seems to suggest that a spirit was all they were ever going to be

And soon potentially a casualty of mii fighter costumes (if Erdrick is coming, the Geno costume is probably coming back too)

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I like Geno, I understand why.

It's Square, and Square doesn't want adoration, they want money.

Characters like Cloud and Dragon Quest appeal to the masses, Geno is niche.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
yeah Ive seen the power hour and timmy look butt ugly in Jimmys art style

Thing is with Layton and Pheonix, they are are both 3D models now so they dont clash
Except they do. They look so different from each other that they don’t even look like the same species. Why does one “normal human” look like... well a normal anime human, and the other look like round faced peanut man. In their own self contained worlds, these two work fine. But you cannot just bring them together with no changes or else it will, and does, look super weird.

As much as I like Geno, I understand why.

It's Square, and Square doesn't want adoration, they want money.

Characters like Cloud and Dragon Quest appeal to the masses, Geno is niche.
So put him in the base game and still do Cloud and Erdrick. That way everyone gets what they want. And Geno doesn’t do anything but make more Smash fans happy and sell more copies of the base $60 game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

staindgrey staindgrey , I saw this on Twitter and instantly thought of Jill Valentine.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Except they do. They look so different from each other that they don’t even look like the same species. Why does one “normal human” look like... well a normal anime human, and the other look like round faced peanut man. In their own self contained worlds, these two work fine. But you cannot just bring them together with no changes or else it will, and does, look super weird.
Hm, I dont think that clash all that much personally. I think they look mighty fine together in their own styles

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
staindgrey staindgrey , I saw this on Twitter and instantly thought of Jill Valentine.
That’s a cool looking design. Should be one of her costumes in CTR.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The thing I never liked was people insisting we would get characters who’s spirits were “missing”
Uhhh, I remember people seriously acting like Sylux, Porky, and Adeline had a legitimate shot at DLC because they had nothing in Ultimate. Nothing for the sith absolute mindset to dismiss their chances. They're bottom of the barrel picks.

D

Deleted member

Uhhh, I remember people seriously acting like Sylux, Porky, and Adeline had a legitimate shot at DLC because they had nothing in Ultimate. Nothing for the sith absolute mindset to dismiss their chances. They're bottom of the barrel picks.
I don’t know, I honestly find the three of them cool picks as unlikely as they may be.

The charm they have doesn’t really give me the bottom of the barrel vibes you mention.

But it is true that dissmissing any character isn’t the best thing to do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, Sylux was rumored to be a major character in MP4 so that’s not as bottom of the barrel as Porky and Adeline, but yeah. It was kind of stupid. Like, they can add new spirits super easily, as we have seen.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It's surprisingly easy to go about and randomly call a bunch of popular character "Bottom of the barrel"

D

Deleted member

Good Morning, everyone!
I can't believe there's only 5 days left until E3!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a thought. Do you think they'll add more Pokeball Pokemon in a Novmber update?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good Morning, everyone!
I can't believe there's only 5 days left until E3!!
Five days? Dang. Time flies by.
Here's a thought. Do you think they'll add more Pokeball Pokemon in a Novmber update?
Unless it is a Sword and Shield promo event, then I highly doubt it. A Sword and Shield spirit event is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom