• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it’s going to come down to what the trailer is actually like, and if it corresponds with that leak. I’ve always though that the “sequel trailers” were a meme and only happened once with Banjo-Kazooie because it actually made sense to do it.

I have a feeling the Terry trailer is going to be similar to what @StormC suggested earlier, with the Smash invitation in the center instead of a KoF invitation.

Joker trailer wasn’t a sequel, Hero wasn’t a sequel. Banjo-Kazooie was a sequel because the “Rareware band was back together again”. Terry may have that brief thing with Ken, but it makes absolutely no sense to have a trailer involving both Simon and Ryu Hayabusa.
That would work well for a Joker/Mewtwo-esque teaser.

D

Deleted member

I think it’s going to come down to what the trailer is actually like, and if it corresponds with that leak. I’ve always though that the “sequel trailers” were a meme and only happened once with Banjo-Kazooie because it actually made sense to do it.

I have a feeling the Terry trailer is going to be similar to what @StormC suggested earlier, with the Smash invitation in the center instead of a KoF invitation.

Joker trailer wasn’t a sequel, Hero wasn’t a sequel. Banjo-Kazooie was a sequel because the “Rareware band was back together again”. Terry may have that brief thing with Ken, but it makes absolutely no sense to have a trailer involving both Simon and Ryu Hayabusa.
Banjo Kazooie was a special case because DKC is Rare. It's a perfect sequel because it pays reference to where Banjo is from an why the fans love the series so much. Terry doing the boxing ring would just be weird because it's not like Incineroar has an affiliation with KoF

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Steven Universe movie was soo good. I might pull a Spinel and watch it over and over again. I'll avoid posting spoilers in here, but if anyone wants to PM me and chat about it feel free!

Watch Steven Universe! ♡
I'm already familar with the show as I watched it ever since the first episode, it's one of the few reasons I still like to watch T.V. sometimes.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’m pretty meh on Terry.

Being honest, I do find this whole SNK situation to be pretty weird. I’m not gonna go all out on Terry since everything only came up after that incident.

I’m a wait and see guy when it comes to leaks, although it does bug me a bit when I see people going “it’s confirmed now” when nothing has actually been shown. I know Vergeben’s has had a good record, but... come on.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm already familar with the show as I watched it ever since the first episode, it's one of the few reasons I still like to watch T.V. sometimes.
I meant that others in the thread should watch it as well if they haven't, sorry if that wasn't clear

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, about your female character questions : don't forget that there's a female version of Terry Bogard in SNK Tag Team Frenzy :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m pretty meh on Terry.

Being honest, I do find this whole SNK situation to be pretty weird. I’m not gonna go all out on Terry since everything only came up after that incident.

I’m a wait and see guy when it comes to leaks, although it does bug me a bit when I see people going “it’s confirmed now” when nothing has actually been shown. I know Vergeben’s has had a good record, but... come on.
If Verg ****s this, he knows the community's gonna roast him alive.

He's hopefully learned to choose his words very carefully.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If Verg ****s this, he knows the community's gonna roast him alive.

He's hopefully learned to choose his words very carefully.
verge's always chose his words carefully so long as he's been leaking smash

Ivander

Smash Legend
but it makes absolutely no sense to have a trailer involving both Simon and Ryu Hayabusa.
Not entirely. I mean, both of them are NES All-Stars and are both demon slayers(well, Simon's mostly undead slayer, but he and his kin have slayed demons alongside the undead) as well. So it's not entirely left-field.

That said, considering how they had Simon's trailer be a bit of a horror haunted castle like deal, maybe the sequel could be about Luigi in a certain kind of "haunted mansion" or "haunted" city.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Maybe they didn't know who Terry was and took the ponytail and the name as him being a girl.

I know he's got pretty blatant muscles but still.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finally watching Batman 1989. I'll inevitably be comparing Nicholson's Joker to Ledger's Joker. Either way I'm hoping I enjoy it. Only a few movies left after this one until I hit the 200 mark on the "list of live action movies I remember watching in my lifetime".

Graizen

Smash Champion
So, Terry Bogard Stage is this one in Fatal Fury:

Imagine if this is his Stage in Smash.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
My one wish for Terry is that Sakurai, for once, chooses not to be super faithful to the source material, with fighting game inputs and all that. I think that would make him feel way too similar to Ryu and Ken, who are also probably some of my least favorite characters to play as because not knowing those inputs makes it feel like you're not playing the character right (also they feel weird, kinda clumsy movement wise, again because of the faithfulness).

If Terry doesn't rely on that sort of gimmick, I think I could come around on him. Otherwise he's probably going to be the only newcomer this game I'm vaguely disappointed by. Happy for his fans, and I'll give him a shot, but vaguely disappointed.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
When you think about it, trailers having sequels does make sense when you remember Sakurai’s comments on the DLC’s budget so it’s only natural of them to resuse CGI assets such the jungle in both :ultbanjokazooie:&:ultkrool:‘s trailers.

Now frankly, this news makes me disappointed.

Not because Terry is in but because he would be the character for :ultincineroar:&:ultken:’s trailer sequel.

If you ask me, Crash would’ve made more sense for the Kencineroar boxing continuation because they could’ve referenced the 90s showdown magazine with :ultsonic: &:ultmario:.

EDIT: I’m trying to upload that image but this server is trash

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’m pretty meh on Terry.

Yeah, I do think we should be cautious just in case. There's the slim chance that both Sabi and Verge are wrong and it isn't Terry.

And Verge isn't perfect. People have been giving him the benefit of the doubt with this Minecraft content for almost a year and a half now, not to mention that his description of what we'd get in the January Direct wasn't remotely close to what we actually got.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Done with the Steven Universe movie. Thoughts in the spoilers
I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THE SPINEL SONG IT'S SO GOOD (if only there wasn't a minuite before the song itself starts on the only version on youtube.

anyway, I liked the movie. Spinel's a neat character, and all the songs are good. Steg feels like an elaborate Jojoke, but I haven't watched Jojo so I can't say for sure.
I miss anything?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's very clear the Smash fanbase doesn't care about quality. The mere existence of this waifu craze just shows they want some eye candy to play as more often than not.

Or at least the popular reps of the Community do. I mean Rex was only considered because people wanted Pyra in more so than it was their characters and dynamic being great, and even then, there were people who wanted just Pyra and Mythra or whatever without Rex.

I cringe every time I see the reaction videos and see the people automatically claim "Waifu" at the sight of a female newcomer. It's even gotten to the point people call real woman waifus when they aren't even romantic with them.
I feel like that bit I just bolded is a little disingenuous.

While there were a lot of people who wanted Rex in just because of Pyra, there were still plenty of people who seemed to want him because they were legitimately fans of his character or of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a whole. I get the impression that people still would have been talking about him as a Smash pick even if Pyra or Mythra weren't around.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I feel in this time of discussion, this message should a proper reminder to everyone:

Edit: (HYPE RESPONSIBLY)
As PushDustin has said on his twitter page, absoulutely nothing is confirmed until the proper announcement of the next character. It doesn't feel right to me that most would rely on leakers and those with credible insider information in order to find out more, for all we know Character #4 could be someone else and the copyright information that was found would meaning nothing & was actually was a little screw-up. Really though, we'll have to keep being patience and see for ourselves.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THE SPINEL SONG IT'S SO GOOD (if only there wasn't a minuite before the song itself starts on the only version on youtube.

anyway, I liked the movie. Spinel's a neat character, and all the songs are good. Steg feels like an elaborate Jojoke, but I haven't watched Jojo so I can't say for sure.
I miss anything?
If you want Noipoi Noipoi opened a pm to discuss the movie

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I feel like that bit I just bolded is a little disingenuous.

While there were a lot of people who wanted Rex in just because of Pyra, there were still plenty of people who seemed to want him because they were legitimately fans of his character or of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a whole. I get the impression that people still would have been talking about him as a Smash pick even if Pyra or Mythra weren't around.
Eh. Maybe he DID have fans, but all the popular talk you'd see on YouTube from Smash YouTubers in the speculation phase simply didn't care for Rex's character and I remember a few here thinking he was a disappointment next to Shulk as well otherwise no one really talked about how great his character was IIRC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Terry Bogard Dream may very well be real now and I can't change my Avatar for the occasion. As much as I like Gangsta Saiyaman, I gotta rep the Legendary Hungry Wolf.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I miss anything?
Songs were good, but I wish they did more with Spinel as a villain. For a majority of the movie, she isn't even a threat to Steven, and I also felt like she had a change of heart too easily.

Was good overall, but I think Change Your Mind was better.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm actually not sure if I would want that Terry stage because it would disconfirm Abe Lincoln, and he's one my most wanteds. I guess it could be an Alfonse situation where someone replaces him though, I wonder who that could be?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I know this sounds ridiculous, but [SU Movie's Main Antagonist] is actually practically exactly how I pictured Decidueye if it ever got in a future Smash game. Basically going insane and being perpetually enraged at Incineroar.

except Spinel is far more justified in her hatred than Decidueye ever would be

D

Deleted member

I'm actually not sure if I would want that Terry stage because it would disconfirm Abe Lincoln, and he's one my most wanteds. I guess it could be an Alfonse situation where someone replaces him though, I wonder who that could be?
Speak for yourself, Lincon being disconfirmed just means better chances for Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 The image uploader is still acting up.

and many other female characters, alts included, they they seen to conveniently forget about
They're asking for one of the DLC to female, rather than base roster. Technically there's Kazooie, as she's part of a duo, and most of the interesting moves come from her as it is. Still it's always been the same for me, if the character's cool, I couldn't care too much about their sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom