• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It really is something seeing the same people who said "If I get [character who actually got in as DLC] I'll never complain about a new character addition again" immediately start ****ting on Terry. :rolleyes:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t think Ryu H. is that likely since all he has are a few shady leaks and Sabi/Verge didn’t bring him up unless I missed something.

And since those aforementioned two have hinted at the SNK rep, Terry specifically, and the website leak.

Trucker Ken is essentially all but confirmed at this point and you know what I say?

Screw it. I’m on board now since I’ve watched some gameplay of him to see what he’s like and capable of.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
PSIGuy PSIGuy I'm not the one that named the video--it's clearly meant to tie them in with a fire aesthetics--it's about the new characters, not the veterans.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It really is something seeing the same people who said "If I get [character who actually got in as DLC] I'll never complain about a new character addition again" immediately start ****ting on Terry. :rolleyes:
Meanwhile, a dude that wasn't in my top 5 seems super likely and I'm getting hyped up from it.

And it potentially leads to Hayabusa? One of my top 3? That'd be pretty clean.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't been following 4chan leaks very closely (mostly due to the fact that you can probably find out about any two characters for the remaining spots in the Fighter's Pass), so I don't know who's rumoured alongside Terry (I've read about Ryu Hayabusa, but there are almost certainly others that I'm not aware of). However, in my limited experience with King of Fighters, Terry's probably one of my favourites to play as along with Ryo (no, that's not a typo - he's a very thinly-veiled copy of Ryu) and Geese, so if Vergeben, Sabi, etc. are accurate here, then I'm looking forward to playing as him.

If you aren't familiar with Fatal Fury or the King of Fighters, there's a bunch of games on the Switch eShop, and if you have a Wii, look into The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga. It's five games in one (King of Fighters 94-98), with the option of unlocking the boss characters automatically (rather than having to enter a code) if you want to break the game in some cases.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Screw it. I’m on board now since I’ve watched some gameplay of him to see what he’s like and capable of.
Yeah having watched some more gameplay, I think I'm alright with Terry.

Especially if he voices all his moves. Those lines are actually pretty fun

Ivander

Smash Legend
I haven't complained about any characters since getting Simon and Richter(not that I really complain about characters in general). I may be expressionless with Terry since I know next to nothing about SNK's characters and while I would certainly be much more passionate with a character like Monster Hunter or Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell, I certainly don't have an issue with Terry and am also interested in what kind of music he will bring.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm throwing in the final bone for good.

DLC fighter 5 is Hayabusa. He's probably the last all-star 3rd party and company with a solid history with Nintendo having debuted on the NES and last of the NES all-stars to boot.

Give or take. This is finally it for me unless otherwise as we near the reveal eventually with potential leaks too.

I'm gonna be actually surprised if he's not in.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its probably people calling him Trucker Ken despite not realizing despite similar appearance they play differently.

I mean as Smashing Ramen would put it.

:ultbanjokazooie:and:ultduckhunt:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Its probably people calling him Trucker Ken despite not realizing despite similar appearance they play differently.

I mean as Smashing Ramen would put it.

:ultbanjokazooie:and:ultduckhunt:
Duck Hunt is to British Duck Hunt what Ken is to Trucker Ken?

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I came up with two ideal Smash battles.

:ultbanjokazooie:(British Duck Hunt) vs. :ultken:(Trucker Ken)

:ultduckhunt:&:ultken: vs.:ultbanjokazooie:(British Duck Hunt) & Terry Bogard (Trucker Ken)

StormC

Smash Hero
Same thing last year.

Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont?

Sakurai is a god that can do no wrong!

...Isabelle? But...but...

I thank god every day K. Rool is in or I’d be cursing at the moon

Shroob

Sup?
I guess I view Smash differently than a lot of people.

I've been watching it become a "gaming history" crossover for a long time, so when I see people like Terry, I'm ecstatic tbh.

Did I ever consider Snk? Nope

But I'm happy.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm actually now warming up to Terry Bogard. The fact he plays differently and his iconic status. It only makes sense for why he'd be in. :)

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I guess I view Smash differently than a lot of people.

I've been watching it become a "gaming history" crossover for a long time, so when I see people like Terry, I'm ecstatic tbh.

Did I ever consider Snk? Nope

But I'm happy.
I view it similarly.

I see Smash as this massive crossover between different beloved video game series of different backgrounds and varying degrees of iconicness to come together and beat the pixels out of each other.

And that’s what makes it so special to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really doubt we’re getting a 2nd western rep for the 5th challenger pack and :ultkrool: & :ultbanjokazooie: were just very lucky. But if it dose happen I’ll happily prove myself that I was wrong this whole time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's pretty cool that I don't have to be worried about what Smash should be. Noipoi already gets to decide that and he's infallible.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I really doubt we’re getting a 2nd western rep for the 5th challenger pack and :ultkrool: & :ultbanjokazooie: were just very lucky. But if it dose happen I’ll happily prove myself that I was wrong this whole time.
Everybody keeps calling Banjo-Kazooie a “western rep,” but every Japanese E3 reaction I saw had Banjo-Kazooie getting just a tad lower or equal, sometimes even greater, reception as Hero.

It wasn’t anything like how some westerners hated Hero.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aw hell yeah! It: Chapter Two in 4 days baby!!!! :grin:

Gonna begin my It marathon tomorrow with the original 90's mini-series and then ending it with the 2017 film on Thursday.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Thinking about it, this marketing cycle for the DLC makes a lot of sense.

While we can argue whether Bayonetta was "hype" or not, Nintendo clearly positioned her as a high note to end the DLC for Smash 4 on. They were sure she would close it out well. That's because she had to be sold on her own merits.

This DLC isn't like that. They want to sell Fighters Passes. In that sense, because they want to sell the whole product, it's not dissimilar to the marketing cycles of previous base rosters. They will frontload with the biggest and hypest announcements, then taper off towards the end because they've already sold the vast majority of people on the product.

I'm sure Nintendo isn't stupid and knows that Terry would, by and large, not be as earthshattering of an announcement for the Smash fanbase as Banjo was. Conversely, let's say Crash or Sora or something was on the roster, it is my opinion that they would have announced them already, or at least announce them before Terry.

I could be wrong, obviously, but I'm just getting reminders of the feeling of speculation during the last months of the base game for Ultimate.

Whether #5 is Hayabusa or someone else... it probably won't be who everyone expected as the final reveal just a few weeks ago.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Everybody keeps calling Banjo-Kazooie a “western rep,” but every Japanese E3 reaction I saw had Banjo-Kazooie getting just a tad lower or equal, sometimes even greater, reception as Hero.

Watching Japanese reactors humming to the Spiral Mountain re-mix was surreal to me and filled me with joy.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Weren’t you calling Doomguy before the SNK stuff? He’s owned by a Western company.

Also, K. Rool is owned by Nintendo.

If you’re just wanting to be right which is why you keep changing your predictions and worrying about it, I’m pretty sad knowing you likely never actually cared about Steve and maybe not even Banjo before E3, which I was already suspecting since you ditched Banjo for Steve then went back as we got closer to E3.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

They mean western as in a western developer created them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom