• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
How is bird gang dealing with the tragic loss?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While I don’t believe the 4chan rumor at all, I can understand the connection. Incineroar and Ken make no sense together other than the fire-based fighters aesthetics—and they still made a trailer out of that called “Clash of Flames”, so Terry would fit thematically. However, while I don’t know much about Ninja Gaiden, it seems like a complete stretch to tie that in with Luigi/Simon. I can’t even think of a possible reason other than “****, Ryu is a likely guess, but what character trailer could that connect with?”

They might as well say **** it and use the same trailer for Ryu vs Ken. :chuckle:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
While the companion theory was always a stretch and mild coincidence, it shocks me to realize that Terry will officially debunk the Color/Rainbow theory if he gets in.

I mean, Red is essentially his signature color (hat/vest/sneakers) and yet :ultjoker: is already represented by that color unless they use like Blue because of his jeans...or something???

StormC

Smash Hero
While the companion theory was always a stretch and mild coincidence, it shocks me to realize that Terry will officially debunk the Color/Rainbow theory if he gets in.

I mean, Red is essentially his signature color (hat/vest/sneakers) and yet :ultjoker: is already represented by that color unless they use like Blue because of his jeans...or something???
Terry has a lot of different designs. They could easily go with blue for his pants though; Banjo is yellow for his shorts, after all.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So , question:
You guys think we will get content , like Music, from Capcom vs SNK in Smash?

Becouse well , Capcom AND SNK are in Smash now lol

Smash is like a Capcom vs SNK 3 now as well

D

Deleted member

It just hit me that Banjo is probably only 2 weeks out and we still can't view his page on the official website
At some point you have to wonder why they even bothered putting it there in the first place.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking SNK Music for Terry I'd want a few of the following.

- Terry's FF2 theme.
- Terry's Big Shot theme from FF3
- Terry's Garou theme
- Geese's Theme from Fatal Fury Special
- Some version of Arashi no Saxaphone.
- Team Mexico's theme from KoF 14
- Team South America's theme from KoF 14
- Team Fatal Fury's theme from KoF 13

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

It could probably be a slightly different shade of red for Terry in contrast to Joker.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe Terry could have orange or brown?

One reason is that Cloud has the same shade of green Midgar has so maybe Terry could have an orangish/brownish color to reflect his stage? Or brown could reference his jacket from Mark of the Wolves? I had a similar idea for Ryu Hayabusa to have blue since his original design (not sprite) is dark blue.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm a little sad because Terry would confirm the Color Theory and Mii Costume Theory.

It's just like they said - Our next character would be a blue or orange color from Capcom or Namco.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm actually not sure if I would want that Terry stage because it would disconfirm Abe Lincoln, and he's one my most wanteds. I guess it could be an Alfonse situation where someone replaces him though, I wonder who that could be?
Remember when the statue in Palutena's Temple deconfirmed her for Smash 4?

Good times.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm a little sad because Terry would confirm the Color Theory and Mii Costume Theory.

It's just like they said - Our next character would be a blue or orange color from Capcom or Namco.
that's right it does kill Mii theory! I always knew that was BS!

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
If we're talking SNK Music for Terry I'd want a few of the following.

- Terry's FF2 theme.
- Terry's Big Shot theme from FF3
- Terry's Garou theme
- Geese's Theme from Fatal Fury Special
- Some version of Arashi no Saxaphone.
- Team Mexico's theme from KoF 14

- Team South America's theme from KoF 14
- Team Fatal Fury's theme from KoF 13
You listed the big ones

If any of those are missing sakurai failed me...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
that's right it does kill Mii theory! I always knew that was BS!
And the way speculation is going, the chances of my second Namco character diminish by the day.

I still think it would be fun to have Terry and a Tekken character revealed in the same trailer (call it Kings of the Ring, cause King of Fighters and Tekken means King of the Iron Fist). But that seems unlikely. Don’t know why, it just does. But I hope to Inferno that I’m wrong and it does happen.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Incineroar and Ken make no sense together other than the fire-based fighters aesthetics—/QUOTE]
bruh what
So other than sharing the same exact career - professional showfighter - they have nothing in common. Weird how Little Mac got in that trailer too, despite not having any fire on him.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
And the way speculation is going, the chances of my second Namco character diminish by the day.

I still think it would be fun to have Terry and a Tekken character revealed in the same trailer (call it Kings of the Ring, cause King of Fighters and Tekken means King of the Iron Fist). But that seems unlikely. Don’t know why, it just does. But I hope to Inferno that I’m wrong and it does happen.
There could still be a namco character, nothing's really diminished their chances besides a dumb theory being disproven

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You listed the big ones

If any of those are missing sakurai failed me...
I just find it kind of funny that Mexico's theme sounds a bit more on the Cuban/Puerto Rican side of things. Namely the jazzy piano, since trumpets are associated with all three.

Shroob

Sup?
If the trailer is completely different from how the leak describes it though that would basically kill it.
Everyone's gonna be on the edge of their seat come this direct.

If it's different, we have no ****ing idea

If it's the same....hooooo boy

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I thought everyone was certain #5 was gonna be Dragon Falcon?

If this means there’s still hope for Heihachi or any other Namco character, i’ll be extremely happy.
like StormC said if the trailer doesn't match up then its all up in the air

D

Deleted member

Everyone's gonna be on the edge of their seat come this direct.

If it's different, we have no ****ing idea

If it's the same....hooooo boy
I don't think it'll end up the way you're thinking it will. If that 4chan leak is confirmed by Terry's trailer then everyone's probably just gonna close the book on this period of speculation, not like there'll be much else to talk about (unless Fighter Pack 2 discussions are your speed anyway).

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't really buy into that 4chan leak, I find it extremely unlikely this person knows both #4 and #5 in addition to how their trailers go and how many songs they both have (with examples no less)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Like there no doubt in my mind Ken is going to be in Terry's trailer

they arent gonna pass up the moment to do the famous hat throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom