• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Most likely going to be given Death Battle's Terry vs. Ken.
I mean it could easily be it's own SNK-inspired thing, It doesn't have to be a continuation of that trailer and i'm personally hoping it's not the case. I can't handle 3 months of people talking about the same thing over and over again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys not all is loss really. I mean we technically do have a female character in the DLC in the form of Kazooie.

Unless the 5th fighter is female as well.
I feel this has turned into people just wanting a female character to have a female character and not to have a female character that is actually a good character

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If most people are certain who the next two characters are, I more or less expect "second fighter's pass this" and "second fighter's pass that." People love speculating about things we don't know about--what we do know about, less so.
Aww tartar sauce, it's going to be even worse when we find out there is no second pass. :(
Hopefully he'll just say **** it and reveal Hayabusa alongside Terry.

Then he cancels the remaining fighters and pulls the pass from the store.

"Leak my roster again, mother-"
Sakurai finally snaps.

But hey, that's better than 3 months of Hayabusa everything.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
A female character would be cool, but there's like a million male options left for the last DLC slot.

Weaving through the sausage party will be tough.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Praying Terry's trailer isn't a continuation of :ultincineroar:'s otherwise we're in for 3 months of "Hayabusa this" and "Hayabusa that".

For the love of speculation Sakurai, save us all! :scared:
I loved the continuation from the K.Rool trailer to the Banjo trailer. And considering Fatal Fury/KoF's genre, going from Little Mac to Ken to Incineroar to Terry to showing Ryu and Terry fighting after a long time since the last SNK vs Capcom game would be very fitting in general.

Now that just makes me want a trailer like the Castlevania one, except this time, Luigi is in the Resident Evil 1 mansion or Raccoon City, if a Resident Evil character is in.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If you're going to make memes about writing essays do it right and write it in Times New Roman

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why do people keep forgetting we DO have a female character. Its Kazooie.

Sure not a single character but still a female character. Yeesh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m kinda glad Terry leaked beforehand.

If he just showed up I’d have been all “literally who?” But now I’ve had a chance to get kinda acquainted with him

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Guys not all is loss really. I mean we technically do have a female character in the DLC in the form of Kazooie.

Unless the 5th fighter is female as well.
I personally don't care about the gender of the character, as I understand Sakurai is limited by video game history/fan demand. That being said, I can understand people's desires for more diversity, and I could certainly think of some great first and third party female characters. When it comes to Kazooie, I consider her a full fledged part of the whole character, not an accessory, so I give this hypothetical fighter's pass a female representation rating of .5/5 or .5/8, depending on how you want to count alts, with 0 human female representation. Not great, but makes sense within the context of available characters.

EDIT:
I’m kIndia glad Terry leaked beforehand.

If he just showed up I’d have been all “literally who?” But now I’ve had a chance to get kinda acquainted with him
Exactly my thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel this has turned into people just wanting a female character to have a female character and not to have a female character that is actually a good character
I mean if Sakurai was looking for a good female character...

He musn't look further. :shades:

aww **** image is dead rip

link here because SB won't let me upload the proper sized image

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Alright, I've came back from watching the Steven Universe movie that aired and did a little bit of school work afterwards, anything interesting happened here?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alright, I've came back from watching the Steven Universe movie that aired and did a little bit of school work afterwards, anything interesting happened here?
The world is in shambles, nothing will ever be the same again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why do people keep forgetting we DO have a female character. Its Kazooie.

Sure not a single character but still a female character. Yeesh.
Ah, yes. The one that half the fanbase leaves out when referring to the character by name.
It's painfully obvious why Kazooie doesn't count. She's not the headliner despite doing the heavy lifting moveset wise.

That being said, Edelgard for Fighter 5.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now that that's settled, we can start questioning whether or not they'll reveal Character 5 too! (they won't)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Steven Universe movie was soo good. I might pull a Spinel and watch it over and over again. I'll avoid posting spoilers in here, but if anyone wants to PM me and chat about it feel free!

Watch Steven Universe! ♡

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're gonna have competition with NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy on that one.
Pretty sure I'm the Hayabusa guy after THIS long. So, yeah, they got competition.

Heard Vergeben said it's Terry. That's awesome. Definitely the most popular choice and my preferred. Literally can not wait to see Maximilian Dood's reaction.

I do still wish it was Hayabusa but I'm willing to hold this L. Just gotta try harder next time around because I doubt he's No. 5.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways now that its been concluded it'll be Terry. I'm predicting his reveal trailer will be an continuation of Kencineroar's. I imagine it'll either begin with Incineroar having beaten:ultbowserjr::ultkrool:and:ultvillager:then getting his *** kicked by Terry before:ultken:pops up again and he beats him or

It begins as Incineroar is about to fight those three only for Terry to show up and beat them up before facing Ken and beating him.

Dunno there's many ways it could occur I guess. Anyone have any other ideas how it could go down?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
How bold of all the leakers to chime in after everyone and their dog figures out we're getting an SNK character. Literally none of them mentioned the possibility before hand. Like, god damn, everyone saying "we're getting Terry!" after Nintendo themselves accidentally leaks the SNK inclusion is like that person who predicts it'll rain the moment it starts raining.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do still wish it was Hayabusa but I'm willing to hold this L. Just gotta try harder next time around because I doubt he's No. 5.
I'm actually thinking he will be DLC fighter 5 given his and his companies strong ties to Nintendo. Began on the NES and among the last NES stars to supposedly be added. I wouldn't rule out the possibility just yet.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Anyways now that its been concluded it'll be Terry. I'm predicting his reveal trailer will be an continuation of Kencineroar's. I imagine it'll either begin with Incineroar having beaten:ultbowserjr::ultkrool:and:ultvillager:then getting his *** kicked by Terry before:ultken:pops up again and he beats him or

It begins as Incineroar is about to fight those three only for Terry to show up and beat them up before facing Ken and beating him.

Dunno there's many ways it could occur I guess. Anyone have any other ideas how it could go down?
Then after the clash, Kazuya shows up and we get a three way clash

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It's very clear the Smash fanbase doesn't care about quality. The mere existence of this waifu craze just shows they want some eye candy to play as more often than not.

Or at least the popular reps of the Community do. I mean Rex was only considered because people wanted Pyra in more so than it was their characters and dynamic being great, and even then, there were people who wanted just Pyra and Mythra or whatever without Rex.

I cringe every time I see the reaction videos and see the people automatically claim "Waifu" at the sight of a female newcomer. It's even gotten to the point peoole call real woman waifus when they aren't even romantic with them.

StormC

Smash Hero
Kazooie is basically a 0.5 character, charitably speaking. I love her and she's great and the cooler character between her and Banjo, but she isn't going to satisfy people who want a fully playable female character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it’s going to come down to what the trailer is actually like, and if it corresponds with that leak. I’ve always though that the “sequel trailers” were a meme and only happened once with Banjo-Kazooie because it actually made sense to do it.

I have a feeling the Terry trailer is going to be similar to what StormC StormC suggested earlier, with the Smash invitation in the center instead of a KoF invitation.

Joker trailer wasn’t a sequel, Hero wasn’t a sequel. Banjo-Kazooie was a sequel because the “Rareware band was back together again”. Terry may have that brief thing with Ken, but it makes absolutely no sense to have a trailer involving both Simon and Ryu Hayabusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom