• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Smash is interesting. On one hand, I'm hype for big names to make it into the series. On the other hand, it's focus on big names and their main characters can almost make it too predictable lol.

Though I was mildly skeptical about this Terry stuff too. The website thing could be an error and Sabi is just too weird and unreliable now. Like, isn't it bizarre how all of the leak discussion started jumping on Terry after the website error? You'd think someone reliable would have gotten the info sooner.
Maybe they just didn't start looking into an SNK character until the error, or they knew and were waiting for somebody else to say something. Banjo leaks didn't really start coming until Shinobi said something, for example.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
man when's verge gonna wake up surely mr. forgive has something to say by now

D

Deleted member

still feel like ryu is a really weird finale for smash dlc

but then olimar, shulk and incineroar were hardly groundbreaking last reveals either
Bayo capped off Smash 4. Not exactly the biggest finale you could give to speculation even if she's rad as Hell.

This is all assuming Ryu is actually in.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe they just didn't start looking into an SNK character until the error, or they knew and were waiting for somebody else to say something. Banjo leaks didn't really start coming until Shinobi said something, for example.
Sabi, and Verg, were also asap to stomp out the idea of Ryu being next.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
how does it feel knowing 3/4 of the stories are over actively killing you and destroying your foundation
There was only one universe where the Avengers won. ;)
Its ok at least nintendrones know what a SNK is now

now we have to teach them what a Taito is so they dont end up screaming at top of their lungs when Bubble Bobble is leaked
I'd love it if Otto from Elevator Action somehow got in. Probably one of my favorite arcade games.

StormC

Smash Hero
:ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Terry Bogard, Ryu Hayabusa

How would you rate the pass and how satisfied would you be?
Very happy. Banjo is a pipe dream, Joker is fantastic, and Hayabusa has a lot of potential to be cool.

Mostly indifferent to Hero and Terry but I respect their legacies. 3/5 is pretty good all things considered.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And I bet you I’d literally be the only one happy if that comes true.
I'd be pretty happy too. Hayabusa was one of my top 3(after MMX and Jin, the former I know ain't happening this game unless a miracle happens)

Terry's been my favorite SNK character, for the little I've played their games. And I was one of the few people who mentioned him from time to time. Though I certainly didn't outright expect him.

D

Deleted member

Can't say that's bad with five unique iconic gaming franchises being represented. All in all, pretty lit. Though, I'm still holding out for Geno for Fighter 5 LOL

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ryu and his company alone has an big history with Nintendo. He and his game was among those that began on the NES and be among the last NES stars. More the reason why Nintendo and Sakurai would possibility choose him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
didn't you stan specifically Erdrick from Dragon Quest III
stan?

I supported the character and then over time with everything we got it made a lot of sense for erdrick. It definitely took a lot of time for me to think there was a lot of chance for it. It's only hardly been a few days and this flood just happened and people jump on the train.

anyway, i'll be curious to see where it goes, but i would like for speculation to be different.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was a bit bummed that it seemed like the Hayabusa leak was fake given the SNK slipup (nothing against SNK, the Hayabusa leak just made me hopeful for him), so it's kinda funny that Hayabusa might depend on Terry's reveal now. Give me those as the last two and I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As far

stan?

I supported the character and then over time with everything we got it made a lot of sense for erdrick. It definitely took a lot of time for me to think there was a lot of chance for it. It's only hardly been a few days and this flood just happened and people jump on the train.

anyway, i'll be curious to see where it goes, but i would like for speculation to be different.
TBH, it wasn't two days ago since we were expecting Ryu Hayabusa because he was supposedly leaked by a vaguely reliable dude on YouTube. Speculation just jumps to extremes when there isn't solid evidence for over a month.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tracer to ryu to nakoruru to kyo terry to ryu to terry and ryu

anyone got a graph of the past week?

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

Joker: Super fun to play, and my new main. Pretty happy

Hero: I respect DQ a lot, even if I haven't technically played a game yet (unless you count the recent demo). That'll change by the end of the month though. Plus Hero is a fun character to play as

Banjo: Seems fun. Got no personal connection, unlike apparently everyone else, but I'm happy for said everyone else

Terry Bogard: The most "eh" character in the potential pass for me. Doesn't seem terribly interesting, (I don't really like playing as Ryu and Ken, and this guy seems like he'd be farirly similar) but SNK has a storied history, so I'm not that put out by it. Wish it was Nakoruru though, RIP bird girl.

Ryu Hayabusa: I like ninjas. I'm down

So overall A pretty satisfied/10

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

If Terry and Ryu Hayabusa are our final two characters then that's 3/5 DLC characters that I like. Not bad. Hero's RNG mechanics sapped out the fun for me and Banjo isn't that important to me.
None of the character reveals have beaten Cloud and Bayonetta in my eyes though.

StormC

Smash Hero
I can see a lot of people being upset that the Fighters Pass is all dudes except for Kazooie.

I don't think the realization has hit them yet until every character is announced. Hopefully there is a way to send feedback to Nintendo that doesn't amount to just spamming on Twitter.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last night I had a dream that we got a Challenger's Pack 2, but Ferdinand von Aegir of all characters was on the list for reason. Then I realized the entire pass was just Three Houses characters.

Anyway if movies and games have taught me anything, it's that dreams are always prophetic. So get ready people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom