• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
:ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Terry Bogard, Ryu Hayabusa

How would you rate the pass and how satisfied would you be?
Satisfied, but just barely, because of the first three. When I got the pass, it's because I loved the first three choices, and at that point, I didn't care who the last two choices were--I might as well get every character. That being said, it's a pretty anticlimactic ending, which I also expected (I said the first three characters would be more marketable given the Fighter's Pass model and wouldn't end with a bang). Not a fan of fighting game characters in Smash as I'd rather see characters who haven't been in one being translated into one, but I can understand the history and why that would be the case. And I just have a natural aversion to two unrelated Ryu's being on the roster--it's irrational, but that's my impulse. The aesthetic doesn't really work for me personally, but I know the importance of Ninja Gaiden. And if these are the characters, I'm glad the last ones leaked to prepare me to be disappointed, because now I may be pleasantly surprised by how they're handled.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Its ok at least nintendrones know what a SNK is now

now we have to teach them what a Taito is so they dont end up screaming at top of their lungs when Bubble Bobble is leaked
I would hope kids have at least heard of Space Invaders.

It's a shame they're undervalued by Square Enix. Their NES lineup alone could make them a fair amount of bank considering Taito has a monopoly on rare but good titles: Little Samson, Bubble Bobble 2, Power Blade 2, Panic Restaurant, Flintstones, Jetsons, etc.

:ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Terry Bogard, Ryu Hayabusa

How would you rate the pass and how satisfied would you be?
Joker would probably be the weakest part for me personally, but I say that as someone who has been convinced to pick up Persona 5 Royal when it comes out/had to resist picking up the original game when I saw it on clearance. Beyond that the Persona franchise is pretty hard to follow given it's awkward history. I do remember several people I briefly hung out with in College praising Persona 3/4.

Everything else would just be me nitpicking younger gamers, outspoken fans, or the lack of female characters. It'd say it'd be pretty well rounded.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I said before that I'd be satisfied if 3/5 we're characters I cared about.

And if this pass is true, it'd be 2/5.

It's not a bad pass by any means, but overall for me it's kinda... meh.
I'll be going on merry-go-rounds with this pass.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh ****:
Steg is an absolute unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom