• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, I'm gonna stay tuned a little around to see what verge ends up saying, but other than that i'll just wait to see what else changes, hopefully more interesting speculation comes up.

D

Deleted member

Unrelated to the current Smash discussion, finally caught a damn Pinsir. I really do not miss the old Safari Zone.

So yeah, I'm currently playing through Green and can't decide on a final member for the team. Right now it's Sandslash, Slowbro, Venusaur, Tauros and Flareon, with Fearow as filler. I kinda wanna go with mons I haven't used much, too bad there's too much type overlap. Also doesn't help that the old games have pretty bad level up movepools. Maybe I'll go with Nidoqueen or Electrode...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last night I had a dream that we got a Challenger's Pack 2, but Ferdinand von Aegir of all characters was on the list for reason. Then I realized the entire pass was just Three Houses characters.

Anyway if movies and games have taught me anything, it's that dreams are always prophetic. So get ready people.
Okay real talk I would absolutely buy Ferdinand von Aegir on day one. I'd be first in line for the Ferdinand von Aegir amiibo too.

Easily my second favorite Three Houses character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
:ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Terry Bogard, Ryu Hayabusa

How would you rate the pass and how satisfied would you be?
Very satisfied especially if Terry is revealed first. SNK being in was a pipe dream - not as big as my biggest pipe dream Joker, but a big get for me and my roommate, and Terry is my ****ing boy.

Hayabusa isn't THAT exciting, but when paired with two big surprises, a nostalgic character for fans, and a legendary RPG series, that's very worth it for me personally.

D

Deleted member

Last night I had a dream that we got a Challenger's Pack 2, but Ferdinand von Aegir of all characters was on the list for reason. Then I realized the entire pass was just Three Houses characters.

Anyway if movies and games have taught me anything, it's that dreams are always prophetic. So get ready people.
Well who else was on it don't just leave us hanging

Shroob

Sup?
This Direct can't come fast enough.

But if it is Terry, this place gonna become the return of the square enix thread with how much Ryus talked about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Humoring the idea, if Fighter #5 is going to throw speculation into a hellacious loop, the Marco and Frisk leak would be the one to do that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This Direct can't come fast enough.

But if it is Terry, this place gonna become the return of the square enix thread with how much Ryus talked about.
if the trailer is terry in ken/incineroar's boxing ring, the thread will become

"so, that ryu guy, huh"
"yup"
"guess he's the last fighter"
"mhm"
"wonder if we'll get a second fighter pa-"
"nope"
"yeah"
"mhm"

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
if the trailer is terry in ken/incineroar's boxing ring, the thread will become

"so, that ryu guy, huh"
"yup"
"guess he's the last fighter"
"mhm"
"wonder if we'll get a second fighter pa-"
"nope"
"yeah"
"mhm"
You forgot the repeated "How do you guys feel about the pass" topic

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Andy's more of a ninja style character.

But Kyo and Iori are the Ryu and Ken of KoF. and Terry is the Ryu/Ken before Kyo and Iori even showed up. So he's like....a Double Ryu. Same for Ryo from Art of Fighting, but no one's talking about him now.
Oh, and for those that need help on fighting game lore/mascots I'll try my best here.

Ryu = Ryu
Ken = Ken
Akuma = Villainous Uncle Ryu
Evil Ryu = Evil Ryu
Violent Ken = Evil Ken
Oni = REALLY Evil Akuma
Sakura = Girl Ryu
Sean = Black Ken
Ryo = SNK Ryu
Terry = SNK Ken, but he's the main character
Yuri = Girl SNK Ryu
Kyo = The cooler SNK Ryu
Iori = Evil SNK Ken
Heihachi = Bad Guy Grandpa Ryu
Kazuya = Bad Guy Ryu
Jin = Anti-Hero Ryu
Scorpion = Ninja Ryu
Sub-Zero = Ninja Ken
Noob Saibot = Ninja Akuma
Haomaru = SNK Samurai Ryu
Genjuro = SNK Samurai Ken
Jago = Rare Ryu
Shadow Jago = Rare Evil Ryu
Fulgore = Robot Villain Ryu
Dmitri = Vampire Ryu
Morrigan = Succubus Ryu
Lilith = Succubus Ken
Kasumi = Fan-service Ryu
Ayane = Fan-service Ken
Sol Badguy = Anime Ryu
Ky Kiske = Anime Ken
Siegfried = Sword Ryu
Nighmare = Sword Akuma

StormC

Smash Hero
The absolute state of western representation on the roster...

It's literally just Banjo, Dark Samus, and a couple of DKC characters Nintendo won in a custody battle. This is hilarious.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I miss when leaks were just some dude posting on 4chan or gamefaqs or some **** and not some kind of circus act of deciphering vague bull**** from someone who may or may not know stuff and is generally insufferable

D

Deleted member

I mean, thing is basically Sabis soft confirmed it's Terry so
I guess, but just think of the ****ing chaos that would ensue if out of all of this Nakoruru vs. Terry debate, Metal Slugs steals the show, and then it soft implies an indie series being in Smash Bros. That is perfect madness, but it's too ideal for my preferences. It probably is just Terry and Ryu.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I miss when leaks were just some dude posting on 4chan or gamefaqs or some **** and not some kind of circus act of deciphering vague bull**** from someone who may or may not know stuff and is generally insufferable
even baboom leaker was more fun to be around than sabi

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
"DUDE I HEARD FROM A GUY THAT HE'S GONNA LEAK BOTH CHARACTERS BUT THEY ALREADY GOT LEAKED IN A 4CHAN POST LMAO"

Just say who is in and who is not. No need to dance around for attention.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The absolute state of western representation on the roster...

It's literally just Banjo, Dark Samus, and a couple of DKC characters Nintendo won in a custody battle. This is hilarious.
Well, if you Rare fans rallied behind Fulgore like you did Banjo he'd probably be here too.

Or root for more Mega Man characters and some Tekken stuff, that'd be cool too.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather watch Vergeben squabble with his haters on GameFaqs than follow Sabi at this point. At least Vergeben is blunt and says what he knows unequivocally.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean what do you expect? There’s stuff like a language barrier to take into account.
I don't expect anything. This actually is what I expected. But some people (not necessarily in this thread) are upset that the Pass is focusing on mid-tier Japanese franchises instead of opening up to more western characters. And I think that's hilarious, especially after Sakurai made a point a few years ago that he wants to use Smash to promote Japanese titles since they don't sell as well worldwide as western titles nowadays.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, looking at Three Houses talk is not easy when I haven't gotten far in my own Three Houses yet.

And the fact I got tempted into Three Houses spoilers doesn't help either.
At the least, it makes me want to see the story from all sides and the supports for all the characters before really making a judgement call. Although looking at the spoilers I know so far, for me, it's one of those, "Why can't I choose neither?" scenarios regarding the "choice", and I refuse to do the "This person is worse than that person" mentality when both have issues that need fixing.
And it doesn't help that from what I remember seeing in the school supports last time I checked, Rhea suffers from Reina syndrome with no supports other than the main character. Seriously, why? Especially for a character that is a big and moral deal in the story.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I thought verge was bad back in the day but at least his assholery was understandable seeing as he had to put up with crazy Gamefaqs people all the time but I'd take that any day to the weird megalomania that Sabi's got going on, even just reading her tweets I can't stand her

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I can't stand Sabis "LOOK AT ME" attitude, I'm not picky where I get my info from as long as it's correct info.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Geez, looking at Three Houses talk is not easy when I haven't gotten far in my own Three Houses yet.

And the fact I got tempted into Three Houses spoilers doesn't help either.
At the least, it makes me want to see the story from all sides and the supports for all the characters before really making a judgement call. Although looking at the spoilers I know so far, for me, it's one of those, "How about neither?" scenarios regarding the "choice", and I refuse to do the "This person is worse than that person" mentality when both have issues that need fixing.
And it doesn't help that from what I remember seeing in the school supports, Rhea suffers from Reina syndrome with no supports other than the main character. Seriously, why? Especially for a character that is a big and moral deal in the story.
Rhea can't support with anyone else because she isn't actually recruitable.

The only ways to boost your support rank with her are a to give her gifts, use her faculty training and to pick dialogue options she likes during cutscenes, all of which only Byleth can do.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Rhea can't support with anyone else because she isn't actually recruitable.

The only ways to boost your support rank with her are a to give her gifts, use her faculty training and to pick dialogue options she likes during cutscenes, all of which only Byleth can do.
Hmmmmm.........*slow nodding*

Still don't like it. No character should suffer from Reina syndrome, especially if they are story relevant.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the villain in the movie is she:
Pinks old pearl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom