• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In all seriousness though, maybe we just ignore Sabi for now. Every time she posts something, I feel more and more like I'm being forced to play some stupid game of chase with her. She deletes messages and acts like she can't reveal too much more because she's putting herself at risk, but then not even a few hours later she's back to posting extremely vague hints that make us even more confused.

I'm tired of this guessing game where we constantly go back and forth.

D

Deleted member

Guys. I’m finally doing it.

I’m making my first game.

also Noipoi Noipoi ’s pfp gives me life

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
rate that apparent DLC newcomer roster then folks

smash 4
  • ryu
  • cloud
  • corrin
  • bayo
ultimate
  • piranha plant
  • joker
  • hero
  • banjo-kazooie
  • terry
  • ryu 2: ninja boogaloo
Easy win for Ultimate. The one that doesn't have Corrin.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
ryu 2: ninja boogaloo
I mean to be fair as much as I would had preferred Nakoruru. You can't deny Terry's importance in gaming and poster boy of SNK as a whole. King of Fighters was also among the inspirations for Smash so I can get why they'd go with him over anyone else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester speaking of budgets:

Didn't you make the theory that since they were low on money, they're reusing settings for trailers?

Terry VS Ken in a boxing ring is coming, baby.

D

Deleted member

Meh, first time I've heard of Sabi was during the pre-E3 period where she was all like "I'm gonna spoil everything", completely disregarding how fast that would spread across the net. That really was not a good first impression.

Also partner theory? How many theories are there now? But if you really wanna look for a partner, there's Alice, who is pretty much what Sakura is to Ryu.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok, so now the thought is that “speculation is changed” because we would then know who the Final character is if Terry’s reveal is the same as that 4chan post?

So this drastic change would, hypothetically, be that everything speculation related for the Fighter Pass is over with because we’d know the final pick.

At least, that’s the thought process, yes?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In all seriousness though, maybe we just ignore Sabi for now. Every time she posts something, I feel more and more like I'm being forced to play some stupid game of chase with her. She deletes messages and acts like she can't reveal too much more because she's putting herself at risk, but then not even a few hours later she's back to posting extremely vague hints that make us even more confused.

I completely agree. **** her.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You're saying Hayabusa, SNK and Tracer. That makes 6 characters, not 5. Though the leak implies the budget comment means we're getting banjo style trailers
You heard wrong. I was calling those the Trilogy Three Leaks since throughout the course of last week we had leaks of Tracer, then Hayabusa and now an SNK rep which will probably be the right one.

I should had worded it more clearly.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I know that this is a cheesy thing to say, but I kind of still can't believe that Banjo, and his bird Kazooie is gonna fight against anime protagonists, and freaking Terry Bogard.

Just imagine for a sec that it's as if Terry is gonna do some sick combo KOF style towards Banjo, like freaking Bomb Knuckling the Bear in the ****ing face.
It's kind of beautiful.
I believe you meant Kazooie, and her bear Banjo. I'll give you a pass, as it's a common mistake ;)

Shroob

Sup?
Ok, so now the thought is that “speculation is changed” because we would then know who the Final character is if Terry’s reveal is the same as that 4chan post?

So this drastic change would, hypothetically, be that everything speculation related for the Fighter Pass is over with because we’d know the final pick.

At least, that’s the thought process, yes?
Honestly, if Terry kills speculation by soft confirming Ryu, I'll be glad it's all over.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Terry is the most iconic SNK character on a global scale and the main character of Fatal Fury.

It's him or Kyo.
I can't say I'll be too disappointed, but you know me. I'm pretty much content with the roster at this point. You got any ideas for an SNK character? I'm thinking Metal Slugs because that was the quarter muncher for me back in the day.
I think speculation should be more open and not just hone on one character. Especially when it's happening so fast and people arent quite skeptical enough (jumping on it). That's mostly the thing.

As for other snk characters, of course i'll be looking at the female characters, and Yuri, Nakoruru, Mai, and Athena all seem like fine choices, but I dont know too much about all the snk characters besides kof and samurai showdown, they still have a lot of other games.

There's lots of other stuff from snk too, but definitely kof and samurai showndown are the most known.

D

Deleted member

I know that this is a cheesy thing to say, but I kind of still can't believe that Banjo, and his bird Kazooie is gonna fight against anime protagonists, and freaking Terry Bogard.

Just imagine for a sec that it's as if Terry is gonna do some sick combo KOF style towards Banjo, like freaking Bomb Knuckling the Bear in the ****ing face.
It's kind of beautiful.
There are often times I have to remind myself that Smash is in fact a real game and not some fan project.

smash 4
  • ryu
  • cloud
  • corrin
  • bayo
ultimate
  • piranha plant
  • joker
  • hero
  • banjo-kazooie
  • terry
Smash 4 is an 8 out of 10, Ultimate is a 9 out of 10. There are characters I would've liked to see in both sets but I can't argue that any of them are bad picks. I was cool with Smash 4's DLC and I'll be walking away very pleased with Ultimate's.

D

Deleted member

hey remember when i kept saying lets be skeptical about banjo when that guy leaked banjo

we gotta learn from our mistakes man. come on, are you okay?:nifty:
The vague guessing game with her is virtually antithetical to what leakers should be doing. I'm pretty much done following her until she says something of value for once.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think speculation should be more open and not just hone on one character. Especially when it's happening so fast and people arent quite skeptical enough (jumping on it). That's mostly the thing.

As for other snk characters, of course i'll be looking at the female characters, and Yuri, Nakoruru, Mai, and Athena all seem like fine choices, but I dont know too much about all the snk characters besides kof and samurai showdown, they still have a lot of other games.

There's lots of other stuff from snk too, but definitely kof and samurai showndown are the most known.
Fatal Fury is more well known than Samurai Showdown. Terry and Mai are far more iconic and recognizable than any SS character. Easy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wednesday or Thursday can't get here fast enough. Then this old madness at least will end until we endure new madness over who the last character might be...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, if Terry kills speculation by soft confirming Ryu, I'll be glad it's all over.
I mean, I would have to be honest and say that the beginning of the Pass was much better for me than the ending. But it is what it is. I got a character I never knew I wanted (Joker) a character I never thought would happen (Banjo-Kazooie) and then a few choices I can kinda sorta dig and get to know better.

Are there picks I would have rather made? Sure. Does that really matter at the end of the day? I guess not.

Really not sure I’m going to buy into this yet until I have more reason to. But I think it’s possible.

Noipoi

Howdy!

smash 4
  • ryu
  • cloud
  • corrin
  • bayo
ultimate
  • piranha plant
  • joker
  • hero
  • banjo-kazooie
  • terry
Smash 4: No one that really appealed to me. Cloud is cool, but when you end up maiming Corrin of all characters there’s a problem.

Ultimate: WAY BETTER HOLY ****

Plant is based, Banjo Kazooie is god like, Joker and Hero are fine, and Terry’s hilarious. Ninjabread man is the only one I’m not really a fan of.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TBH at this point if it is Terry I think Ryu Hayabusa will be our last fighter.

I mean he does have flying weapons. He also fits partner theory given his falcon.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not too knowledgeable with King of Fighters but despite being brothers aren't Terry and Andy pretty much King of Fighter's Ryu and Ken? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Andy's more of a ninja style character.

But Kyo and Iori are the Ryu and Ken of KoF. and Terry is the Ryu/Ken before Kyo and Iori even showed up. So he's like....a Double Ryu. Same for Ryo from Art of Fighting, but no one's talking about him now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

smash 4
  • ryu
  • cloud
  • corrin
  • bayo
ultimate
  • piranha plant
  • joker
  • hero
  • banjo-kazooie
  • terry
Smash 4 stomps this hard.

Ryu from Streets and Cloud mother****ing Strife.
You're not beating Cloud unless you go for Microsoft's big guns.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I guess I'm not the only one who thought it seemed like she was trying to rile people up with cryptic ****.

Shroob

Sup?
Smash 4: No one that really appealed to me. Cloud is cool, but when you end up maiming Corrin of all characters there’s a problem.

Ultimate: WAY BETTER HOLY ****

Plant is based, Banjo Kazooie is god like, Joker and Hero are fine, and Terry’s hilarious. Ninjabread man is the only one I’m not really a fan of.
Can't believe Datadesign Interactive got a rep in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Smash is interesting. On one hand, I'm hype for big names to make it into the series. On the other hand, it's focus on big names and their main characters can almost make it too predictable lol.

Though I was mildly skeptical about this Terry stuff too. The website thing could be an error and Sabi is just too weird and unreliable now. Like, isn't it bizarre how all of the leak discussion started jumping on Terry after the website error? You'd think someone reliable would have gotten the info sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I forgot about posting this when Hero was shown before release, so here it is.

Edit: Oops, image isnt working, hold on

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
SNK and Hayabusa seem like they could be cool. Personally would’ve liked Doomguy more, and of course my most-wanted characters, but if they have fun moves and cool stuff then alright.

At least we got Bear-Birdie.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
still feel like ryu is a really weird finale for smash dlc

but then olimar, shulk and incineroar were hardly groundbreaking last reveals either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom