• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
God freakin' dang it, last post on previous page, are you serious?

I put the blame on huuuuuuuh.....Manuela, yeah.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Images are obviously not working on Smashboards right now, but I've now seen a screenshot of what appears to be Sabi saying they know the pick, that the pick is "obvious" when it comes to SNK, and that the source for this one is "higher up in the industry".

Not sure what to think about that. Even suggesting you are continuing in the behavior seems to suggest you aren't following a C&D...

D

Deleted member

All this SNK talk reminded me that I bought KoF XIV last year during a sale and never even played it. Guess now might be a pretty good time, but boy, do I suck at traditional fighters.

Also I still think people are sleeping on Athena. She and Terry are pretty much the faces of SNK as a whole.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think its pretty clear Sabi is referring to Terry so I guess the question now is whether she really knows anything or not. I'm gonna wait till Verge can say something definitive, Sabi's too confusing

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still pulling for Nakoruru but not gonna complain since at this point she or any other character I want would be icing on cake as I already got my three most wants.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think its pretty clear Sabi is referring to Terry so I guess the question now is whether she really knows anything or not. I'm gonna wait till Verge can say something definitive, Sabi's too confusing
could also be kyo

calling terry a KoF rep isn't technically wrong but it is very confusing when he's from fatal fury and only guest-starring in KoF

D

Deleted member

Oh, you wanna see a mother of all bad takes in response to SNK?

Get a load of this bad boy.
Don't invoke him here please.
Images are obviously not working on Smashboards right now, but I've now seen a screenshot of what appears to be Sabi saying they know the pick, that the pick is "obvious" when it comes to SNK, and that the source for this one is "higher up in the industry".

Not sure what to think about that. Even suggesting you are continuing in the behavior seems to suggest you aren't following a C&D...
Seems more to me that she is guessing at this point and doesn't know anything, which makes me more likely to believe the C&D was pretty much fakes as she didn't got the info on time or couldn't get it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am'a gonna watch Escape Room now and then I'll be caught up with my 30 movies I've seen this year yet with It: Chapter Two, Ad Astra, Abominable and Gemini Man being left.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
could also be kyo

calling terry a KoF rep isn't technically wrong but it is very confusing when he's from fatal fury and only guest-starring in KoF
i mean if they're gonna do a specific game like Joker of Hero they'd use KoF IV

also not wrong to to use fatal fury in general though, but the last fatal fury game was in '99 im pretty sure

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Am'a gonna watch Escape Room now and then I'll be caught up with my 30 movies I've seen this year yet with It: Chapter Two, Ad Astra, Abominable and Gemini Man being left.
Oh hey did you watch Ready or Not?

D

Deleted member

That reminds me that I still need to finish my Golden Deer playthrough before Borderlands 3 comes out and I completely lose interest in any other games for the next couple of months.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That reminds me that I still need to finish my Golden Deer playthrough before Borderlands 3 comes out and I completely lose interest in any other games for the next couple of months.
kind of same

why is it taking them a whole ass year to release all the 3 Houses DLC, i could ****ing do all branching playthroughs in like a month tops

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's almost like the C&D is bull****

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see that CoD, GTA, FIFA, and Minecraft are on the top 10 of that list. Something tells me this guy wouldn't take any of those well.
While I do admit that I feel a certain frustration over how Sakurai prioritizes things. There is no real reason to get angry.

I think it would do him well to openly consult with fans more all over the world. Maybe if the Smash Ballot was an ongoing thing rather than a one time poll.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
One thing I'm throwing out there: Three Houses isn't well balanced. I just trucked through Chapter 18 of Golden Deer like it was nothing, and for how it was being presented it was...very underwhelming. It could also be that I'm completely OP as it is on a NG+.

Still Black Eagles tho.
Don't invoke him here please.

Seems more to me that she is guessing at this point and doesn't know anything, which makes me more likely to believe the C&D was pretty much fakes as she didn't got the info on time or couldn't get it.
To be honest, I think Sabi gets good information. I do however also think that certain things have been propped up to draw attention to her leaking habits. Not only has Sabi directly said, "Hey look, I got a bunch of leaked stuff correct!" (which...why would you bring attention to that outwardly on social media if you've already been approached by the lawyer of said company and you've been warned?) but she continues to leak stuff.

While I'm skeptical of how this information is moving, if the Direct is within a week I assume there are names of characters out there. Finally, even if I'm not an SNK/KoF expert, if it's "obvious" I'm assuming Terry Bogard.

D

Deleted member

bold of us to assume sabi didn't just fake a c&d because she couldn't get confirmation on the nintendo direct in time and didn't want it to hurt her credibility
Bold of us to assume that Banjo source of hers was real.

What ****ing timeline did we enter where Vergeben ended up being more trustworthy than Sabi? XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, I hope the SNK/Terry Rumor is true.

I know I've only mentioned Terry a few times before, especially compared to Jin/Heihachi and Scorpion/Sub-Zero. But I'd be pretty damn happy with another fighting game character. Even with my limited knowledge of SNK stuff, Every game of theirs that I liked Terry was my main man, while the other teammates I switched around.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's almost like the C&D is bull****
Oh, I'm merely humoring the prospect of it being real for benefit of the doubt if I'm being honest. Having spoken with somebody who HAS received a C&D, there's was not conducted in a way similar to Sabi.

As in, it's probably not real. While I've been told, "it's been verified!" by a close source, I've also been told they're really nothing to go off of. But again, I don't know these folks personally, so I can't really say.
What ****ing timeline did we enter where Vergeben ended up being more trustworthy than Sabi? XD
I mean, he has been for awhile.

Sure, he piggybacks. But it's not as if he hasn't had accurate information. Sabi, on the other hand, is in it for the glamour of it all, so it seems, and wants their name on everything, seeks credit.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
could also be kyo

If she said it was an obvious choice though, then I think its more likely Terry, he's their most popular character. Sabi has been very accurate but I'm starting to think that she might just not have any good nintendo sources and is using the C and D to cover that up so that she can retain her image of being "one of the most trusted and reliable rumor sources in the industry" (straight out of her twitter bio). I find it a bit weird that she hasn't mentioned any of this SNK stuff before since it doesn't really seem like she holds onto stuff like Verge does.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Sabi could be entirely wrong, she's gotten too much right in the past about several other things for me to completely throw what she says into the trash, but she's a glory hound and frequently makes bad judgement calls.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Sabi could be entirely wrong, she's gotten too much right in the past about several other things for me to completely throw what she says into the trash, but she's a glory hound and frequently makes bad judgement calls.
What did she get right about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom