• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Yes but I've seen more peoples wanting him to go away. Before the announcement or at least before SM, most of the Ash haters were just ****posters but now I see peoples saying their own opinions about strong hate for Ash.

I don't want to see Ash go away.
I don’t want him gone, either.

D

Deleted member

What did she get right about Smash?
Got me there actually, but she's leaked things about other Nintendo games such as the Link's Awakening remake and a few details about Pokemon Sword and Shield, and also leaked most of Microsoft's and Bethesda's E3 conferences. Whether or not those have any real merit I can't say, but mind you this is just my humble opinion and I'm not saying I can't be wrong.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Got me there actually, but she's leaked things about other Nintendo games such as the Link's Awakening remake and a few details about Pokemon Sword and Shield, and also leaked most of Microsoft's and Bethesda's E3 conferences. Whether or not those have any real merit I can't say, but mind you this is just my humble opinion and I'm not saying I can't be wrong.
Was the link's awakening thing the one with the crab?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>get likes on my nerd command input post
>give out entire resources
>no one gives me an answer to my question

:mad088:
I'd wonder how you'd handle command versions of Crack Shoot and Burn Knuckle. Both are QCB inputs usually. So would one have to be tied to the QCB+A Button and the other OCB+B? Obviously, they can be used for the standard B button inputs, but if they have EX versions like Ryu and Ken this is something to consider.

I do wonder how the hell a charge input would work, I guess Down to Up would be less awkward than Back to Forward. So Rising Tackle and Spinning Bird Kick would be less weird than Flash Kicking in this type of game.

Of course sometimes Terry's Rising Tackle is an SRK input, but so is Power Dunk.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sabi's smash record is actually... pretty empty as far as i know

that's said, it's hard to say how much overlap there is between 'regular' nintendo leaks and smash leaks, so it's difficult to judge how much she would realistically know

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yessir, even though it was cryptic as all hell it was nonetheless a legitimate leak.
I ask cause that wasn't directly from sabi, just a hint given to sabi. She didn't know it was about links awakening, and they're the same person who gave out the banjo hints and the BIRD

D

Deleted member

I ask cause that wasn't directly from sabi, just a hint given to sabi. She didn't know it was about links awakening, and they're the same person who gave out the banjo hints and the BIRD
I was under the impression that said hint came from her source at Nintendo. It's been a while since I've really kept up with the insider scene so maybe things have changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I was under the impression that said hint came from her source at Nintendo. It's been a while since I've really kept up with the insider scene so maybe things have changed.
Yeah all of her hints came from her Nintendo source.

She didn’t believe her source when it came to Banjo until after his reveal, heh, though the images were still shared before.

D

Deleted member

sabi's smash record is actually... pretty empty as far as i know

that's said, it's hard to say how much overlap there is between 'regular' nintendo leaks and smash leaks, so it's difficult to judge how much she would realistically know
Which is pretty much my point. If she adds nothing of value to speculation beyond "well I guess but it could be wrong" then she's just talking to hear herself speak, at least in Smash Bros.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh hey did you watch Ready or Not?
I did. Liked it for the most part except the climax and ending.

Didn't like how the husband suddenly decided to change sides makes helping her all pointless. I would had liked it if the wife became the female savior and went all John Wick on the entire family saving the day and saving her husband and escaping together.

D

Deleted member

Screw it, installing KoF now, time to remind myself how bad I am at fighting games. Not to mention my TV is kinda dying on me, which makes it kinda difficult to play on consoles that aren't a Switch. Now would be the best time to actually use my PC for gaming for once.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely sure, I just sort of assumed that her nintendo source was different from this dude who likes to share his wildlife pictures

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I'm not entirely sure, I just sort of assumed that her nintendo source was different from this dude who likes to share his wildlife pictures
They’re the same guy.

He likes to have “fun” or something, idk, which is why he posts in hints, though he eventually does just tell them outright especially if it’s something nobody in the private discord really cares about (so I guess it’s like a “just get it over with” sort of thing).

The bird image wasn’t supposed to go public, though. I’m not part of their discord, Fatmanonice just shares stuff with us in the Geno thread.

D

Deleted member

I'm really just on all this leak stuff because I'm really not invested on any SNK characters(though Nakoruru would be cool). I just wanna see if we'll get bamboozled by Sakurai or not already
One thing I'm throwing out there: Three Houses isn't well balanced. I just trucked through Chapter 18 of Golden Deer like it was nothing, and for how it was being presented it was...very underwhelming. It could also be that I'm completely OP as it is on a NG+.
Just you wait for Lunatic

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm imagining some dude who's never seen Terry Bogard before thinking he looks like a buff Pokemon Trainer.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Screw it, installing KoF now, time to remind myself how bad I am at fighting games. Not to mention my TV is kinda dying on me, which makes it kinda difficult to play on consoles that aren't a Switch. Now would be the best time to actually use my PC for gaming for once.
That's probably what I'm gonna do too. I'm gonna replay KoF 94 and get my ass kicked by Rugal once again.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't really know what to tell people who are disappointed with the roster/DLC because I already got what I wanted, heh. Not to be all "eff you got mine" but I'm at the point in Smash where I'm open to see anything. SNK was not on my radar at all until yesterday, but I can't deny I'm not immensely curious to see how it gets integrated into Smash.

The only real bummer about including an SNK rep is it probably wouldn't make me suddenly want to play all their games because I'm not a huge fan of traditional fighters to begin with. It'd be appreciating it strictly from a historical perspective. (If Mai gets in though I'll get at least one of her games lol.)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why would they fake a c&d though?
Because it’s pretty obvious they don’t have strong Nintendo sources but want the attention on them as this god of leakers.

They’ve never outright gotten anything with smash.(some guy posting pictures as hints in her discord for everyone there does not count as a direct source for her) she clearly has no connections to Nintendo.
She promised she could probably get E3 info on the direct then when she could t used a legal tactic to give her an excuse to stay credible rather then bsing her way through it.

She only backs other insiders when they leak Nintendo stuff first. She’s back pedaled multiple times on promising Nintendo leaks, even saying she will deliver them after this supposed C and D.

And now she’s straight up making up talking to other insiders about smash to try and get something to make her look good.

If it wasn’t obvious before, it is now that the claim she made for he C and D is bs.

D

Deleted member

I'm imagining some dude who's never seen Terry Bogard before thinking he looks like a buff Pokemon Trainer.
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen Red replaced with Terry. It's been a thing since at least the Brawl days.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
kinda hilarious how sabi could've covered her tracks with the KoF stuff but instead decided she could just get away with deleting the one message and leaving every single response to it up

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
SNK in smash has actually been semi-seriously on my mind for awhile now. I haven't had much fun with traditional fighters in the past but I'm really looking forward to the switch port of SamSho, it looks like something I could enjoy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm really just on all this leak stuff because I'm really not invested on any SNK characters(though Nakoruru would be cool). I just wanna see if we'll get bamboozled by Sakurai or not already

Just you wait for Lunatic
My guess is Lunatic will be a joke only if you play with NG+ content. Maybe I'll replay Black Eagles with Lunatic at some point without NG+...except that would be an extremely repetitive run considering I put like 75 hours into my first Black Eagles run.

Side note, but I'm getting annoyed at how much some of these units are like, "Ermagherd we have to save Rhea! You miss her too, don't you?" For plot purposes, yes. But the fact that she's allowed to experiment in a similar manner to the slitherers but Edelgard gets **** for taking advantage of them is absurd.

I want to play Blue Lions now because I want to learn more about Duscur (although I know enough I think), and the main characters of that route. But in my heart (yes, it's a game BUT) I don't think I could ever pick a route besides Black Eagles. I'm all about carving your own path, and not waiting for others to do it for you. However, I also find this faith in Rhea to be...unsettling. Like Claude knows it's bull****, but he wants answers for himself and Byleth. Dimitri though? Seems to me like Fhaergus is more like, "Ye, Church is sick bruh"

Granted, I'm also critical of some religious practice irl (not everyone or every sect, but I fundamentally find Rhea's Church to be corrupt). That may contribute to my disdain for it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If it is SNK, still hoping that Sakurai has the ability to surprise us like he did with Hero - months of waiting for Erdrick then we get the Luminary and three other DQ protagonists

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Because it’s pretty obvious they don’t have strong Nintendo sources but want the attention on them as this god of leakers.

They’ve never outright gotten anything with smash.(some guy posting pictures as hints in her discord for everyone there does not count as a direct source for her) she clearly has no connections to Nintendo.
She promised she could probably get E3 info on the direct then when she could t used a legal tactic to give her an excuse to stay credible rather then bsing her way through it.

She only backs other insiders when they leak Nintendo stuff first. She’s back pedaled multiple times on promising Nintendo leaks, even saying she will deliver them after this supposed C and D.

And now she’s straight up making up talking to other insiders about smash to try and get something to make her look good.

If it wasn’t obvious before, it is now that the claim she made for he C and D is bs.
She actually does have a Nintendo source; a brand ambassador at NoA. He’s the guy who shares the images, and the same guy she talked about as far back as last year when she went by PolarPanda, her source mentioning Geno water-cooler talk and Nintendo being surprised by backlash to Isaac’s assist trophy.

Fatmanonice and some others know his identity and stuff, even.

She does seem to love the attention of course, so my guess as to the whole C&D thing, if it’s fake, is part of her wanting attention. I don’t usually like to say stuff like this without even knowing the person, but she does seem to have somewhat of an ego and has been acting sketchy...I know, if it’s real, she has Nintendo on her back, but then she shouldn’t be lying about other leakers and commenting on this stuff in general...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly? Yeah I'm disappointed with an SNK rep. Hell yeah I'm disappointed but does that make the characters bad? Absolutely not they could be incredibly exciting and fun it's all up to what you as an individual want and look for in newcomers. Like for me I'm purely a Nintendo fan first and foremost I want and like characters that are important to Nintendo/Have that Nintendo charm to them so SNK doesn't appeal to me.

Furthest I've branched out from Nintendo was probably MvC2 so I'm not interested in an SNK rep but it does have historical relevance to gaming, I'm sure it has interesting characters that bring some unique charm with them, I'm sure SNK has a boatload of fun and interesting characters and series that are worth representing in Smash but personally? It just doesn't do anything for me and that's fine. It's okay to be disappointed as long as you don't attack people cause of it.

Like I wanted and still do want Geno he has that Nintendo charm but he's more than likely not getting in and that's okay do I blame SNK or any of the DLC characters? Absolutely not it just seems that Square, Nintendo or Sakurai didn't care and went in a different direction with DLC. As long as you don't attack people or throw a fit it's fine to be disappointed. SNK doesn't appeal to me and that's fine hell the only DLC character that has appealed to me has been Banjo.

SNK can and probably will be amazing but it just doesn't do anything for me. Hopefully #5 is someone I want or like.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
kinda hilarious how sabi could've covered her tracks with the KoF stuff but instead decided she could just get away with deleting the one message and leaving every single response to it up
for real, if she had said that post was just speculation I probably would have believed it. Deleting it makes it look worse.

StormC

Smash Hero
There's basically no chance all five characters will appeal to every, or even the majority, of buyers. Buyer beware and all that.

Although I'm thinking it's Terry, I could see a chance that it's Kyo. In which case they will 100% reference the KOF94 opening:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom