• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
he was put in SC6 and is on the cover of the new SamSho. I don't think he's more likely than Nakoruru but he is there
I suppose. But given how SNK raises up some characters and not others...

Let me put it this way. Nakoruru was the first samsho Character in King of Fighters. Nor Haohmaru.

Geese. Why do so many of these characters end in ruru.
the first mistake is underestimating your opponent

haohmaru ain't the star, but he's a player too. nakoruru is pretty much an equal IMO. i mean, you have played some samsho games right? :nifty:
I’ve bought the newest Samurai Shodown sand finished arcade mode as Haohmaru. I’ve been meaning to go back but something came up.

I have also 100%-ed KoFXIV’s arcade mode.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
survey time, folks

when sabi says that the DMs going around (KoF character, male character) are fake, how many of y'all actually believe her

cause i'm 50/50 on it just being her covering herself legally in case nintendo start snooping
Idk what in the world going on w/ Sabi nowadays.

So at this point, I'm not ruling out any SNK character regardless of what she says.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
A KoF pick is something I'm a bit excited about. I was afraid that we were going to have another Smash game with only one fighting game franchise represented. May Tekken and Guilty Gear get represented in the future as well.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
>Unique
>Counter
When I say "counter" I don't mean Dancing Blade or whatever. I mean that SamSho is all about tactical decisions, feeling out an opponent, and hitting exactly the right move at exactly the right time, which can lead to either increased damage to the opponent with a smart play or significantly increased damage and knockback to you with a bad play. You can also disarm an opponent, though I'd assume that'd only really apply to the SamSho rep, possibly as part of a bad play as explained.

When I say "Counter mechanic" I mean that as an entire playstyle....thing.

D

Deleted member

survey time, folks

when sabi says that the DMs going around (KoF character, male character) are fake, how many of y'all actually believe her

cause i'm 50/50 on it just being her covering herself legally in case nintendo start snooping
I'm mostly sure she knows jack **** about the roster at this point and that her insider knowledge of Nintendo is pretty limited. I feel that she is covering her tracks in case the character is not from KoF.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also gonna say that the KoF message supposedly deleted from her discord was 100% there at one point

she deleted the post but she couldn't delete the 100+ messages afterwards reacting to the now-missing KoF post screaming "RYO" and "KOF"

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
survey time, folks

I'm leaning towards her knowing nothing and she's just making guesses right now.

D

Deleted member

also gonna say that the KoF message supposedly deleted from her discord was 100% there at one point

she deleted the post but she couldn't delete the 100+ messages afterwards reacting to the now-missing KoF post screaming "RYO" and "KOF"
So she's lying. Therefore, we can probably assume the discord message of her saying it's not a girl is real.

Whether her Smash knowledge is legit or not, we can safely say she's not as reputable as I thought she was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Has anyone been reading into the other threads, lately? Most of the users in the Geno Thread were in a very "unpleased" mood regarding SNK and eventually got quite heated due to who could be the character in the leak, there was even some political speaking in regards to Terry.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm gonna take whatever sabi says with a grain of salt until she actually says something on her twitter but she's definitely acting sort of strange

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Has anyone been reading into the other threads, lately? Most of the users in the Geno Thread were in a very "unpleased" mood regarding SNK and eventually got quite heated due to who could be the character in the leak, there was even some political speaking in regards to Terry.
Look what the madman Sakurai had done. I told ya he mentally broke the Smash community.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
A KoF pick is something I'm a bit excited about. I was afraid that we were going to have another Smash game with only one fighting game franchise represented. May Tekken and Guilty Gear get represented in the future as well.
I don’t know why. But the idea of KoF AND Tekken getting characters in this round of dlc seems appealing plausible right now.

D

Deleted member

I'm mostly sure she knows jack **** about the roster at this point and that her insider knowledge of Nintendo is pretty limited. I feel that she is covering her tracks in case the character is not from KoF.
This is my thought exactly. I think if Sabi has no say in the matter, then bird gang actually is back in the running (as well as Metal Slugs yeehaw).

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Much prefer leakers to go 'yeah, I honestly don't know' rather than put up the facade they know everything by trying to play all sides or piggyback on other leakers

All we expect is for you to have legitimate info now and then, not be ****ing omniscient

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
survey time, folks

I never belived anything she said especially people who are caught lying and try to brush it off

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

this but semi-unironically because the eshop's interface and filtering is absolute dog****
Also most of it is horrible.
Hey remember when we though Nintendo would hold the Eshop to a higher standard than Steam and the PS Store

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Anyways, I've been seeing a whole lotta backlash when it comes to SNK in Smash. Apparently it's "ToO nIcHe" and it's "WaStInG a SlOt" or something

But come on, y'all. Sakurai's already spoiled us enough already with highly demanded characters like Ridley, K, Rool, Banjo, and delightful surprises like Joker. With all the fan service Ultimate has give us already, a couple niche picks ain't gonna hurt.

And SNK may not be a big name, but I'd argue they've got some notoriety. They were pretty much Capcom's biggest rival when it came to arcade fighters back in the day. And like I mentioned yesterday, with them being the minds behind the Neo Geo, we've technically got another console manufacturer on board
Oh, you wanna see a mother of all bad takes in response to SNK?

Get a load of this bad boy.
Well another ****ty DLC pick like Joker coming. No one at SNK moves the needle for me.

I wish Smash could be made by a Western Company and we could actually get characters that we grew up playing. **** the Japanese and these lame *** looking JPRG characters.

Here is the list that Sakurai should be reviewing for characters: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Someone mentioned Laura Croft. I know that I said that I wasn't excited about a female character but I would love to have her or Jill Valentine in the game over anything from SNK.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Haha
As cool as Tekken would be I don't think we'll get two fighting game characters in the same pass.
Why not? We already had to rpg characters. And for a long time I was predicting two platforming characters and nobody batted an eye. What makes two fighting game characters unlikely?

To be honest, I think it makes sense, specially if the budgets running low. With fighting game characters half the design job is already done. Don’t have to take one genre and figure out how it applies to a fighting game. It’s alreadg a fighting game. Just have to make the necessary tweaks for Smash and then boom. You just shaved about 1/4 of the time off.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Haha
As cool as Tekken would be I don't think we'll get two fighting game characters in the same pass.
:ulthero: We got the father of JRPGs and the newest, hottest JoJRPG :ultjoker:

genre aint really an issue. it's not impossible

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, you wanna see a mother of all bad takes in response to SNK?

Get a load of this bad boy.
This is why I stopped taking Smash Speculation so seriously a long time ago.

After the Ridley Shadow Incident, things were never quit the same, granted, Ridley got in Ultimate, but man....I still remember the chaos of the 50-Fact Direct, it was a horrible mess.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait. Why not? Why is it not probable? And is it for any reasons other than your own personal preferences?
nah i just made a typo and realize i ****ed up my sentence because saying its improbable would go against the entire post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom