• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I just have a very limited number of characters I'd actively support - like just over five - but then I guess that has the benefit of meaning I'll have fewer to check off before I can never legally ask Sakurai for anything ever again apart from a stage for ROB

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
people would be more satisfied with the smash roster if they stopped hanging out in support thread echo chambers and stopped associating themselves so heavily with the characters they want like its some sort of nationality
sorry too late i am now a porky city citizen officially

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
people would be more satisfied with the smash roster if they stopped hanging out in support thread echo chambers and stopped associating themselves so heavily with the characters they want like its some sort of nationality
the only support group im in is Layton and Even we know he has a super low chance of getting in

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I avoid those threads now because they seem kind of depressing in a post-release context: while it was fun speculating in the run up to Ultimate, they didn't make it into the base game and most of them have little to no chance of being DLC fighters 4 or 5, meaning it'll be years before they stand another chance - and it's not like there's a second ballot to mobilise round or anything

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love the support threads but I absolutely see that in certain ones. It's why I like when people are more company fans - most Ace Attorney fans like other Capcom properties, SNK supporters generally enjoy multiple SNK series, etc.

Then you get the Joker thread where we all thought he was literally impossible and just used it as a fun hangout to chat Persona and then-

D

Deleted member

I love the support threads but I absolutely see that in certain ones. It's why I like when people are more company fans - most Ace Attorney fans like other Capcom properties, SNK supporters generally enjoy multiple SNK series, etc.

Then you get the Joker thread where we all thought he was literally impossible and just used it as a fun hangout to chat Persona and then-
Erdrick support thread was willing to accept everybody. Very positive with arguments being next to nonexistent. We sometimes got angry at people who took shots at Dragon Quest not deserving to be in Smash, but I found that to be justified venting.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Erdrick support thread was willing to accept everybody. Very positive with arguments being next to nonexistent. We sometimes got angry at people who took shots at Dragon Quest not deserving to be in Smash, but I found that to be justified venting.
The entire reason I became interested in Hero and DQ11S was because of the positive attitude of DQ fans in the Square and Erdrick threads. Just a really nice fanbase all around.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
the only support group im in is Layton and Even we know he has a super low chance of getting in
I feel like the smaller support threads are better cause half the time they're really just talking about the character's games and stuff, but the long lasting ones that have been around for ages and have tons of people are just awful echo chambers. Like the people in the Geno thread that think he still has a chance despite being a spirit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I doubt anyone will care, given all of the possible SNK leaks and the ads indicating that Banjo will be released in less than two weeks, but I beat Super Mario World! It's a game that's been on my backlog for a while now - I'd beaten the final boss before (I got a used version with a 100% complete save file), but I hadn't played the entire game start to finish before.

I found it was a lot more forgiving than Super Mario Bros. 1 or 3 - being able to go back to any level, regardless of what point you're at in the game, was a huge help in terms of making sure that I was stocked up on power-ups. (in Mario 3, I'd run out of power-ups by world 3 or 4, forcing me to subsist on whatever the level had to offer and having to make it through most of it as small Mario) I found that the Fire Flower was significantly less useful than the Cape Feather, so I mainly stuck with the cape for most of the game.

It felt good to play through the game and see why it was so beloved, as opposed to skipping straight to the final boss. Next on my list is Zelda: Ocarina of Time; I always got stuck in the Water Temple or the desert temple, so that's another classic game that I haven't beaten. I'm going to start from scratch and try to avoid using guides, though I might not be able to resist the temptation to use a guide for the Water Temple.

D

Deleted member

The entire reason I became interested in Hero and DQ11S was because of the positive attitude of DQ fans in the Square and Erdrick threads. Just a really nice fanbase all around.
Got me back into the series so I'm with you. Half of Erdrick support was doing the job Square didn't do and advertising the series to the west lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I doubt anyone will care, given all of the possible SNK leaks and the ads indicating that Banjo will be released in less than two weeks, but I beat Super Mario World! It's a game that's been on my backlog for a while now - I'd beaten the final boss before (I got a used version with a 100% complete save file), but I hadn't played the entire game start to finish before.

I found it was a lot more forgiving than Super Mario Bros. 1 or 3 - being able to go back to any level, regardless of what point you're at in the game, was a huge help in terms of making sure that I was stocked up on power-ups. (in Mario 3, I'd run out of power-ups by world 3 or 4, forcing me to subsist on whatever the level had to offer and having to make it through most of it as small Mario) I found that the Fire Flower was significantly less useful than the Cape Feather, so I mainly stuck with the cape for most of the game.

It felt good to play through the game and see why it was so beloved, as opposed to skipping straight to the final boss. Next on my list is Zelda: Ocarina of Time; I always got stuck in the Water Temple or the desert temple, so that's another classic game that I haven't beaten. I'm going to start from scratch and try to avoid using guides, though I might not be able to resist the temptation to use a guide for the Water Temple.
Congratulations! I've beaten it a few times, via SNES, emulation, and the GBA port. I know the GBA port is technically inferior music-wise but I have the most nostalgia for it as it dominated my middle school days. It's a really wonderful game, and it's no mistake that it's endured as long as it has.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Martin Burke is the most underrated Sonic Voice. Soooooo much better than Jaleel White for Classic Sonic imo.
Every English dub voice in the OVA sounds super goofy. Jaleel was never a favorite of mine either, but I do think he fits Sonic’s American design since that’s the only version of the character he’s ever voiced. As far as the canon Japanese design of Sonic goes and don’t think either fits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man guides ruined Zelda for me. Exploration means less when you know the tools and tricks for every game lol.

at gentlepantendo, your happiness is your salary and your promotion is always just around the corner
Mr. Gentlepanda. We've worked on Kasumi merchandise for the past 6 console generations. Maybe we should branch out to the good ol' days and try a Fire Emblem game again?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I feel like the smaller support threads are better cause half the time they're really just talking about the character's games and stuff, but the long lasting ones that have been around for ages and have tons of people are just awful echo chambers. Like the people in the Geno thread that think he still has a chance despite being a spirit.
The Geno thread is really depressing to read.

Like, I do want to see him just because his fan base is so...passionate about his inclusion, but his Spirit, coupled with the fact that Square chose DQ for the pass and isn't likely to receive another character, I...just don't see Geno happening for a while. I also think that his support thread reaches way too hard on hints and riddles that have nothing to do with the guy.

Thanks, man.

Now Shulk and the boys have another unique monster to deal with.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
is geno gonna get in eventually or is he just gonna be an actual forever never just cause Square wants to be a *****

D

Deleted member

BUT BANJO IS ALL I HAVE YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME The general atmosphere in the Banjo thread after the Microsoft E3 conference and the Hero reveal was...
Well it was ****in something that's for sure. You'd think that they'd just received the worst news of their life.
is geno gonna get in eventually or is he just gonna be an actual forever never just cause Square wants to be a *****
Never-ever because outside of fan demand they have no reason to add him when Square has several other characters that would be in line before him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's not even that they think Geno has a chance. Hell, I think Geno has a chance. It's just that a lot of it comes out of not giving a **** about anything else in Smash so it feels like Geno is all they have, which is depressing when their hopes keep consistently being shot down.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Big support threads usually lead to echo chambers with lots of bitterness and vitriol. The Geno thread and Banjo thread in particular were very hateful towards Dragon Quest and Minecraft. Every time I opened those threads I saw someone ****ting on one of these two franchises, it was quite annoying to see this sentiment shared and repeated a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom